• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter Predicts: Xbox One outsold PS4 in September (dance, you puppets)

mdubs

Banned
Even more? They already have lapped the Xbox. More exclusives?

Give me more big exclusives like they did throughout the end of last-gen instead of a bunch of small games. Start telling us about what GG is working on, what Bend is working on and we'll be talking.

Boke1879

Canyou even count.

I'm sorry but nobody is buying either console on the sole fact of their FW updated prowess.

Sony is also marketing it's console through cross promotions as well. Sony doesn't NEED to bundle the system as it sells just fine on it's own. They have no reason to. MS NEEDS to do this to add value for the consumer.

Biker19

Banned
How do you think businesses are run? Microsoft responds with good promotions and keeps updating firmware to make console better and try to overtake Sony, if they do it sends a message to Sony that they need to respond to increase their value proposition, whether through marketing or through other methods.

The only reason that Microsoft does promotions is because they're way behind Sony in worldwide sales.

Why does Sony need to have deals & constant bundles when they're already doing so well? That displays weakness, if anything.

Give me more big exclusives like they did throughout the end of last-gen instead of a bunch of small games. Start telling us about what GG is working on, what Bend is working on and we'll be talking.

It's too late. They have way more exclusives. The exclusives have their own gravity now.

Fuck what did you do?!?!?

Shin-Ra

Stefan™;134198888 said:
Looks like the general public has finally caught wind of the Xbone's excellent UI and stable online infrastructure. Good for them.
Yep, it's the stable infrastructure that's been helping Microsoft all this time.

Boke1879

Ok. So they tell you what GG is working on. But what if you don't see it until 2016? What's the difference between knowing now and them doing a big reveal at E3?

You already know GG is working on a new ip.

Jomjom

Banned
He truly has the greatest job in the world. He never has to be right.

I think he just doesn't have to ever be right when it comes to the video game industry. I doubt many of his clients are making any sort of big money when it comes to investing in the games industry anyway. Like he's always said, what's important is that he makes his clients money, and I'm sure he does when it comes to other industries outside of gaming. I feeling like his gaming "analysis" is just a side hobby of his.

I'm sorry but nobody is buying either console on the sole fact of their FW updated prowess.

You're right, but when friends and family have come up to me asking which console has more media features to help make their purchasing decision, I can't in good faith tell them the PS4. I also can't tell them that it's likely to change through firmware updates either because Sony has a horrible track record of that.

I see the XB1 getting a nose a head in the monthly NPD's sometime in the next few months but I am not sure September would be it.

But I would like to think Pachter wouldnt say something like this so close to NPD day without someone from the inside telling him something... will be a fun NPD this time I guess.

Much like the UK charts I expect Destiny to be a pretty even split between XB1 and PS4 in the US though. Sort of like Final Fantasy XIII when MS got the co marketing / bundles but the core audience didnt budge but I think Sony had more luck this time.

Lucreto

They will when they are good and ready. They are cutting the time from announcment to release after all the delays last gen and so far this gen. GG new game could be announced December and released mid next year.

If Pachter is right I'll eat my hat.

And I don't even own a hat.

I'd have to go out and buy a hat. Just to eat it.

I don't wanna do that.

But I won't have to do it. Because it won't happen.

And if it does I'll eat my hat.

And I don't even own a hat.

Boke1879

Doesn't hurt to actually try and improve the firmware though to please existing owners.

THat will only happen when consumers raise a stink about it. I've always said to take these matters to Sony execs on twitter.

Xb1 outselling the PS4 in one month isn't going to do anything to change that.

Kayant

i bet he's right.

image.php

Sydle

There's no way it happened with Destiny selling as much as it did and PS4 being the main platform. That said, I would love for Patcher to be right just to see the meltdowns.

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
My shopko is quadruple opposite, they're currently using PS4s as bonfire kindling for the folks who have camped outside for the next Xbox One the All-In-One First Class Platform to arrive.

My Kmart has rebrandes itself Playstation-Mart and they use surplus Xbox ones as cash registers.

mdubs

Banned
The only reason that Microsoft does promotions, is because they're way behind Sony in worldwide sales.

Why does Sony need to have deals & constant bundles when they're already doing so well? That displays weakness, if anything.

Exactly which is why I'm hoping for a reversal this month so Sony will have actually working to increase their value proposition instead of cruising along like they have been doing. Competition is a good thing.

Ok. So they tell you what GG is working on. But what if you don't see it until 2016? What's the difference between knowing now and them doing a big reveal at E3?

You already know GG is working on a new ip.

I'm talking more in the long run, obviously (hopefully) they'll come out with a strong E3 next year. I'm more basing it off of what we know right now, so that's fine if they prove me wrong next year (which I really hope they do).

Exactly which is why I'm hoping for a reversal this month so Sony will have actually working to increase their value proposition instead of cruising along like they have been doing. Competition is a good thing.

Sony's value proposition is the best as they sell the most consoles by far. There already IS a completion and they are ahead by miles.

Sakujou

Banned
i dont get this, why is the ps4 selling better than the x1???

ps3 was also outselling the xbox in germany.

ms has the better support or better offers, still people refuse to buy their systems....

sad to see, i will always buy all the available systems out there.

lol Pachter

Yeah thats all I got. 0% chance.

Have to admit...He has a point
The next 6 months looks pretty bleak first party wise after lbp3

Are you talking about Microsoft here?

Sony has The Order and Bloodborne hitting in February lol.

Bloodborne.

I'll say again. Bloodborne.

Going to be pretty darn good. The Order could very easily surprise people and be a very enjoyable, engaging experience.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Of all the months that he chose for the X1 to be ahead, he chose September?

Wasn't that free game promotion only for a week?

MS is being really aggressive in promoting the X1 and buying marketing deals, so I wouldn't be surprised if the X1 does outsell the PS4 in one of the remaining months of the year, but I think September is the least likely.

Wat. You do know that Bloodborne comes out in the next six months alongside the order right

Both games don't interest me and look pretty boring....that's just my taste

The previews have really turned me off. ..especially Bloodbourne. ..looks very hack/slash rinse and repeat

Top Bottom