• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter Predicts: Xbox One outsold PS4 in September (dance, you puppets)

i dont get this, why is the ps4 selling better than the x1???

ps3 was also outselling the xbox in germany.

ms has the better support or better offers, still people refuse to buy their systems....

sad to see, i will always buy all the available systems out there.

People like third party games, and they mostly perform better on the PS4.
Also Sony had been great with the messaging, pricing, and advertising since the beginning of the generation. It's not that hard to figure out.

KZObsessed

Would be panic stations for Sony if true, if they get outsold in September then November and December is a lock for XB1. Would be quite a turn around and could close the gap completely.

What reasoning would there be for it to have won the month? The biggest game of the month (Destiny) was pushed as a PS4 game with a bundle and everything. Was there a big release or something I'm forgetting that would explain why XOne would be pulling ahead?

Would be panic stations for Sony if true, if they get outsold in September then November and December is a lock for XB1. Would be quite a turn around and could close the gap completely.

They'll certainly get November no matter what thanks to Halo. Anecdotally, I have a bunch of friends who are talking about getting an Xbox because of it.

Vodh

Both games don't interest me and look pretty boring....that's just my taste

The previews have really turned me off. ..especially Bloodbourne. ..looks very hack/slash rinse and repeat

Not being interested in them is fair enough, your loss. But to think they won't move copies, Bloodborne especially, is simply delusional.

Sydle

What reasoning would there be for it to have won the month? The biggest game of the month (Destiny) was pushed as a PS4 game with a bundle and everything. Was there a big release or something I'm forgetting that would explain why XOne would be pulling ahead?

It says in the OP, lol. Madden bundle at $400 and the other bundle with any game free for $400.

I think those were both short promotions though.

I just don't believe it. :)

I would happily eat crow, but I see PS4 beating XBO by a good chunk.

If Destiny had shifted a lot of Xbox's you can be sure that MS would have said something, they need positive news and they didn't say a word. It was Sony stating they had their best hardware sales since 2013. Which would suggest it did at least 100k that week, with 4 other weeks to go in that month, you would think they would do alright.

Kayant

Both.

How do you think businesses are run? Microsoft responds with good promotions and keeps updating firmware to make console better and try to overtake Sony, if they do it sends a message to Sony that they need to respond to increase their value proposition, whether through marketing or through other methods.

Yh all that value through this year via MS/Retailers have been doing sure have sent a message to Sony /s. They are updating firmware the way they are because 1. They set up their OS to enable it to be more easily upgradable, paired with their software expertise and experience it allows for fast iteration. Winning one month it's going to send any message to Sony, two, three months sure.

i dont get this, why is the ps4 selling better than the x1???

ps3 was also outselling the xbox in germany.

ms has the better support or better offers, still people refuse to buy their systems....

sad to see, i will always buy all the available systems out there.

Have to admit...He has a point
The next 6 months looks pretty bleak first party wise after lbp3

This thread sure is amazing loool.

Kathian

Banned

Sony need to either make their online service free or make major improvements. I think Sony fought the 'better Xbox Online' for a while but we just aren't seeing that unfold.

In the end a strong online service and strong marketing and support will put MS in a position to start building on its user base.

I do not actually believe Patcher here though; it's his classic X + Y = Z in terms of the game offers and usual demand but we won't know till Thursday if the sales were enticing. I don't think there's loads of analysis outside of that.

prwxv3

The trend of trying to make subjective opinions like lineup qualiy objective has gotten really annoying on GAF recently.

Eggbok

I'd say November has a 50/50 chance to go either way hardware wise. MS has the MCC and Sony has a possible GTAV bundle (with a possible 2 week early access). Will be a showdown for sure!!

If it does happen I think it proves one thing. No one actually wants White consoles outside of a few crazy people.

Making the Destiny bundle the white bundle was a huge mistake.

I don't care for sales much but I don't think there's any way PS4 comes in 2nd. Work warehouse for a major retailer and the Destiny PS4 bundle flew off our shelves.

We have been selling more Xbox One's as well, nice little time for people to pick up systems with Madden/NHL/Fifa/Destiny launching within a short time from each other. I think all of those games sold more on PS4 though right?

Both should have some very nice numbers regardless, but yeah, can't side with Pachter on this one

Well I highly doubt this will actually turn out as pachter has predicted one thing that no one is really talking about is combined with all the crazy deals and the destiny launch FH2 launched in September as well to make things interesting.

If it does happen I think it proves one thing. No one actually wants White consoles outside of a few crazy people.

I think you'll be genuinely surprised by the Destiny bundle uptake then. Retailer impressions have it doing quite well

And at the same time worldwide gap just would continue to widen. I am not sure why there would be panic at Sony if Xbone somehow marginally wins holiday season in US when overall PS4 has PS2 like domination elsewhere. Personally I don't see Xbone even winning holiday season in US. Can't remember any console selling less than competition for 3/4 of the year and then winning holiday season.

It says in the OP, lol. Madden bundle at $400 and the other bundle with any game free for $400.

I think those were both short promotions though.

Damn it, I swear I read that too but my brain didn't process it.

Yeah, that free game for $400 was a goo deal. I guess we'll see. I assume he's already heard the numbers and this isn't really a prediction as much as it is him sharing inside information.

Welfare

And at the same time worldwide gap just would continue to widen. I am not sure why there would be panic at Sony if Xbone somehow marginally wins holiday season in US when overall PS4 has PS2 like domination elsewhere. Personally I don't see Xbone even winning holiday season in US. Can't remember any console selling less than competition for 3/4 of the year and then winning holiday season.
I think the Original Xbox outsold the PS2 during November and December of 2004.

Kyoufu

Yeah, I agree. Wii would've actually been successful if it wasn't white. Nintendo goofed.

Top Bottom