• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter-"PS3/PC Black Ops Players are cry babies"

He's right, gamers are crybabies, but not in this instance. In this instance he comes off as a complete idiot. Shame on me for expecting an online game to actually be able to be played online.

RedStep

Square Triangle said:
He never fails

Without taking a side on the debate itself, do you not understand what quotation marks are and how they work?

This entire thread is based on a statement he never made.

Roche

disappeared said:
See also: Bethesda and Obsidian fans.

Part of the appeal of Bethesda and Obsidian games is fixing them up yourself post-release, thriving mod community and all that good stuff.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Just play Crysis 2, its COD without the bugs

4InBF.jpg

VAIL

Playing the Wii version (minority I know) I've come across the nicest people quite a contrast from playing COD in general on all other platforms...

theBishop

Banned
Baller said:
What the fuck is this guy's problem?

He's a stock analyst paid to give a pro-business perspective. That's his role.

The fuckup is the games press (GameTrailers in particular), and message board posters giving him a regular platform. And if you're Geoff Keighley looking at the SalesAge obsession, it makes a lot of sense to bring a business perspective into the mix.

We've asked for it, and this is what it looks like. Of course he's going to say 3DS should be more expensive. His constituency is institutional investors buying Nintendo stock.

ksan

The guy surely comes off as having some sort of complex and that causes the statement to be even more ironic.

Seventy5

I own it on PS3 and 360, and PS3 only owners should be fucking pissed about the online issues. I haven't played it online on PS3 in at least a month because it's constantly dropping me out of games for no apparent reason. It is definitely not the same experience on PS3, and a game that sells this many copies shouldn't have problems that say Killzone 2, with a fraction of the userbase (and revenue for the publisher) doesn't have.

Wthermans

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
In what universe can you do this?
ITT: A video game analyst shows that he knows nothing of how the retail environment of the industry works.

Tell me again GAF, why do people care what this twat thinks?

RedStep said:
Without taking a side on the debate itself, do you not understand what quotation marks are and how they work?

This entire thread is based on a statement he never made.
Apparently not. Anyway the ship has already sailed.

MightyKAC

hamchan said:
CoD could really use a beta, don't know why Activision refuse to do it.

Why would they do that when they know full well that people would buy this game by the tens of millions no matter how many bugs it's pack with on release.

Activision knows it's consumers won't hold them accountable because Activision knows its consumers.

Dorrin

There are bugs and then there are BUGS. I'm not sure how buggy Black Ops was on PS3/PC so I can't comment on those.

I do know that Fallout New Vegas has extremely buggy and I'm not talking about the occassional lockup or mob stuck in the ground but game breaking save destroying bugs that would ruin 25 -50 hours of playtime. The fact that it took them two months to finally get a fix out was ridiculous it was simply shipped too soon to make the holiday window and then effort went into the DLC launch and they rolled that patch in with that.

The only worse game about having bug support fixes would have to be Dragon Age Origins, a game save corrupting bug by selling X number of items to the same vendor as well as a more minor dexterity rogue bug. That shit took an amazing 8 months to patch! Yes 8 months.

Gamers deserve better.

xemumanic

Say what you want about Patcher, but he's right........ just for the wrong reason. All the hacks and shit going on that's been reported on all the blogs are just stupid bloggers repeating shit off of each other.........about MW2 on the PS3! MW2 on PS3 was comprised LONG ago, because the saves weren't encrypted. It's got nothing to do with the recent PS3 hacks.

When it comes to Black Ops, I can't really say I've seen any issues (although, I play on the 360, not on the PC/PS3), but if the PC users say so, and nothing is done, they're gonna move on. Yet, I haven't heard of any issues with the game on any platform. I gotta admit, this sounds like a bunch of whining about nothing.

hamchan

Neuromancer said:
For the record he doesn't call all PS3/PC players cry babies, he is specifically calling out Gamer's Voice.
I think this needs requoting. Even though Pachter is still wrong I think it makes what he's saying less inflammatory. I guess you could say the quote in the title isn't really a proper quote >_>

Mael

LiquidMetal14 said:
Did in insult you in the way the user I quoted did him? Sure cry baby sounds bad but not as bad as your typical gamer reaction here. Gives the "gamer" a bad name. He may thing the same, but he doesn't say it out loud. You guys take him too serious, sometimes.

I'm not taking him seriously at all,
I learned a long time ago that he's not worth the time actually.
Heck seriously this guy is a joke in all respects, I fail to see why he should be worthy of any respect considering his statements.
I mean even if you look at his views from an investor's point of viewn I'd be absolutely pissed off having ever to listen to that guy considering how many opportunity I'd have missed because of him.
From the point of view of a gamer, he just appear to be a corporate shills with good connection to the media.
=> Either way I still fail to see why I should garner some respect for the guy more than from any usual troll we can get at any board you find on the web.

DryvBy

LiquidMetal14 said:
Ok, care to give gamers a respectful view? I expect more thoughtful discussion than FU. Unless you fall under the cry baby tag line and are offended?

Well, you could start by reading the OP's post, then that results in the F and U. Jump out of the tool bag for a while and enjoy the fresh air.

I understand the dude isn't supposed to give a fuck about gamers but come on, hand-waving bullshit like this in any capacity gives me little reason to respect his opinion.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
The game is still playable, now people need to complain about fucking New Vegas.
Never in my life have I played a game so daaaaamn buggy.

Fallout 3 <3

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
I NEED SCISSORS said:
You can't even fucking do that for the PC version because it uses Steam. And if you do sell it on with the code already used, you are accused of piracy.

What do you mean? Why would you want to sell something you've purchased after you're done with it? I mean, there's an extremely large segment of people willing to surrender any consumer rights, you can thank them for their continued support of getting bent over.

Afrikan

Neuromancer said:
For the record he doesn't call all PS3/PC players cry babies, he is specifically calling out Gamer's Voice.

well, doesn't Gamer's Voice represent gamers? maybe some PS3/PC BLOPS gamers who are fed up.....to call Gamer's Voice "Cry Babies" for what they are doing at this time, is basically calling who ever they are representing cry babies as well.

Gamer's Voice maybe not be representing you and I, but apperently they are representing some form of gamers.

Although Patcher wasn't being direct, he should still watch his words.

hamchan said:
I think this needs requoting. Even though Pachter is still wrong I think it makes what he's saying less inflammatory. I guess you could say the quote in the title isn't really a proper quote >_>
It isn't a "quote" at all in that case. Thread title and OP should be edited.

Gamer Voice's attempted lawsuit/sanction against Activision is without merit.

Vinci

Danish
Isn't Pachter in favor of going DD-only in the future for publishers? I can't recall for sure, but if so the comment about returning a POS software is a touch ironic.

MightyKAC said:
Why would they do that when they know full well that people would buy this game by the tens of millions no matter how many bugs it's pack with on release.

Activision knows it's consumers won't hold them accountable because Activision knows its consumers.

Ask Bungie.

Dyno

No lie, I have COD MW2 and BO in my backpack. I'm turning them in for trade today and then and I'm off the franchise. I'll keep COD2 & COD4 for nostalgia's sake, to remember when COD was done right.

EDIT: I'm back and got $45 bucks in trade against Dead Space 2! Not bad! Now that I'm out of Activision for good I can read these threads with amusement rather than with the resentment of a battered spouse.

Bit of a misleading headline you got there...

I can see why the word crybaby isn't included in your quotes.

He's not on our "side", but lets at least not misrepresent him.

Curufinwe

Air Zombie Meat said:
Using the metacritic score and number of sales as a defense annoyed me. Like that has anything to do with the issue.

He's also inflating the score 2 points for the PS3 version and 9 points for the PC version.

Delightful Oonsk said:
"If people don't like it, they can take it back to retail for a refund."

Flat out wrong when addressing PC complaints...

It's wrong for the PS3 version as well, unless you bought it used.

Madman

xemumanic said:
Say what you want about Patcher, but he's right........ just for the wrong reason. All the hacks and shit going on that's been reported on all the blogs are just stupid bloggers repeating shit off of each other.........about MW2 on the PS3! MW2 on PS3 was comprised LONG ago, because the saves weren't encrypted. It's got nothing to do with the recent PS3 hacks.

When it comes to Black Ops, I can't really say I've seen any issues (although, I play on the 360, not on the PC/PS3), but if the PC users say so, and nothing is done, they're gonna move on. Yet, I haven't heard of any issues with the game on any platform. I gotta admit, this sounds like a bunch of whining about nothing.
Iraqinformationminister.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You guys shouldn't feel so bad. Afterall, with him you are fellow crybabies.

Emitan

So the biggest entertainment release in the history of mankind coming from one of the largest and richest companies in the gaming industry isn't expected to be polished? This is not just a buggy game. For weeks it did. Not. Run. on many PCs. This is not Super Meat Boy which was made by a two man team (only one of which was a programmer), this is the largest commercial release of the year. When looking at it from that perspective the PS3 and PC versions were a fucking disaster. Not holding Activision accountable allows for more lazy development. If you're going to charge a freaking premium on your game it had better be worth another 10 dollars.

If you're not outraged at this you're more dangerous to the health of the industry than the pirates by tenfold.

Darklord

Banned
Can I please get paid to be wrong most of the time and troll gamers like Patcher does?

Umm...LA Noir won't break 1 million. Wii 2 won't be seen until 2020. PS3 is more powerful than the best PC's...wait, he already said that one.

Averon

So gamers are crybabies for wanting a game they paid for with there money to function as advertised? Would Pachter call a car owner a baby if his newly bought car only starts half the time? I think not.

When did standards drop so far?

Top Bottom