• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pacific Rim Uprising - Trailer 1

JdFoX187

Banned
Really not sure what to make of it. So various countries are now using their jaegers to fight wars? Seems weird, since everyone abandoned the project and the ones at the Shatterdome were the last. And now the kaiju can meld? Interesting.

Khezu

Is that the weirdo from Jupiters Ascending?

Anyway, that seemed kinda goofy, especially the ending.

xq6c.png

sfedai0

Banned
Hmm, dont know if I like throwing in a human enemy faction. Also not feeling the brighter color pallet. Makes the CGI more apparent.

Choomp

Banned
Oh my god I totally forgot about the Charlie Day comic relief dynamic in this movie, that ruled. Excited for this.

This is one absolutely badass trailer, and looks like about as perfect a way as you could hope to see the series evolve.

I think I just watched the whole movie

While simultaneously, not really being certain what's going on. Pretty vague with the worldbuilding for this one.

I do appreciate this actually having fights take place in the day though. Show Power Rangers how you do a giant robot battle.

PSqueak

Banned
that's a lot of jeagers in the final shot, hopefully all of them get more than 5 minutes of action before getting trashed.

Really not sure what to make of it. So various countries are now using their jaegers to fight wars? Seems weird, since everyone abandoned the project and the ones at the Shatterdome were the last. And now the kaiju can meld? Interesting.

I mean, just cause the program shut down doesn't mean countries would stop creating Jaegers for war with each other after the Kaiju threat was thought to be gone. It seems like humans kept improving them for war with one another (thus the new ones not needing to drift, though appears Gyspy still needs to?). Then Kaiju comes back and everyone goes "Here we go again!".

My prediction from the trailer at least.

Top Bottom