• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pacific Rim Uprising - Trailer 1

raven777

It doesn't look as bad as I feared.
Good to see fights taking place in the day, even if that makes the movie look more obvious CG looking than the first one.

The Jaeger on Jaeger fights interest me as Universal bought a domain called Pacific Rim Insurrection a few weeks ago. Animated spin-off series to Netlfix inbound?

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
U1qNA4e.gif

taOadh7.gif

AWj0gpG.gif

New kids in charge now

The Kree

Banned
I hope they keep the cutting between cockpit interiors and exteriors during the fight scenes to a minimum this time around. That shit was annoying in the first movie. It's like, OK, I get it, the robot moves mimic the pilots. Stop cutting away in the middle of awesome shit.

Great trailer loved the theme guitar rift in the middle. Everything is so damn colorful and the jagers look great not even a question DAY 1.

Alx

Kaijus are a force of nature like a hurricane. Category power levels are apt.

They already had power levels in the original. The last one they fought was their first Cat5 kaiju IIRC, while the two in Hong Kong were both Cat4.

Still in. The action seems more weapon-based than "punching kaijus in the face", not sure how it will turn out but we'll see.
Also I expect those robots to Voltron together for the finale. ^^

I thought of that but how would that actually work? The Kaiju melding together clearly catches them off guard, for the Jaegers to merge they'd need to have that function already programmed into them, be built for the purpose of connecting. So unless they secretly expected that the need to Constructacon themselves would arise in the future, they'd need to build brand new Jaegers for that to work.

Thinking about it I'm actually gonna be kind of pissed if they just suddenly have the ability to connect without any build up or prior explanation, that's a huge logic gap.

ED Cantu

Even though the art direction is IMO much worse compared to the first one's, I think the trailer looked all right so I'll still watch this one hoping the story and action is good.

Fuck yeah. I dont think PR ever looked very realistic but the night time helped at least. I mean its giant robots that shit will never look real.

Mahonay

Banned
Even though the art direction is IMO much worse compared to the first one's, I think the trailer looked all right so I'll still watch this one hoping the story and action is good.
Yeah, judging by this first trailer, I don't like the overall style as much as the first movie

I was really excited, now I'm apprehensive.

Looks like a coming of age film now, where good guys will fight bad guys, then bad guys will team up to take out the Kaiju.

Seems to be more happy and chirpy then the first

Looks like the Saturday morning cartoon to the original's late night monster movie. Or the Son of Godzilla to the original's Godzilla, if you will.

Kalentan

It looks better than I expected but still worse than the original. I hope it surprises me but I don't like the removal of the gritt. Too clean.

a916

Super early but now I have a fear that they are going to Kingsmen 2 this movie. Everything seems cranked up to the 100s

Top Bottom