• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 08, 2009

It's ruling the amazon charts for weeks now, which makes its absence in the overall charts even more puzzling. I don't think there are supply issues, though.

*boom*

Week 9

- 1 KILLZONE 2 PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
- 2 HALO WARS XB360 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
3 3 WII FIT WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
2 4 STREET FIGHTER IV XB360 CAPCOM CAPCOM
7 5 PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE CURIOUS VILLAGE DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
1 6 STREET FIGHTER IV PS3 CAPCOM CAPCOM
5 7 MARIO KART WII WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
6 8 WII PLAY WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
10 9 SEGA MEGA DRIVE ULTIMATE COLLECTION PS3 SEGA SEGA
4 10 WARHAMMER 40,000: DAWN OF WAR II PC THQ THQ
11 11 SEGA MEGA DRIVE ULTIMATE COLLECTION XB360 SEGA SEGA
13 12 MY FITNESS COACH WII GAMES FOR EVERYONE UBISOFT
- 13 SILENT HILL: HOMECOMING XB360 KONAMI KONAMI
17 14 DR KAWASHIMA'S BRAIN TRAINING DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
12 15 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR XB360 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
9 16 THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: OVERKILL WII SEGA SEGA
- 17 SILENT HILL: HOMECOMING PS3 KONAMI KONAMI
16 18 GRAND THEFT AUTO IV XB360 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
15 19 MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES WII SEGA SEGA
8 20 RACE PRO XB360 ATARI ATARI
34 21 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 PC SEGA SEGA
19 22 FIFA 09 XB360 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
- 23 CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE XB360 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
32 24 PUZZLER COLLECTION DS GAMES FOR EVERYONE UBISOFT
33 25 FIFA 09 PS3 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
21 26 BEN 10: ALIEN FORCE PS2 D3P D3P
23 27 BEN 10: ALIEN FORCE WII D3P D3P
25 28 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR PS3 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
35 29 50 CENT: BLOOD ON THE SAND XB360 THQ THQ
27 30 LITTLEBIGPLANET PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
22 31 MARIO KART DS DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
28 32 DISNEY'S BOLT DS DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS
14 33 F.E.A.R 2: PROJECT ORIGIN XB360 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
26 34 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
31 35 BEN 10: ALIEN FORCE DS D3P D3P
24 36 CARNIVAL: FUNFAIR GAMES WII 2KPLAY TAKE 2
37 37 HALO 3 XB360 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
- 38 MORE BRAIN TRAINING FROM DR KAWASHIMA DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
36 39 CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE PS3 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
30 40 ANIMAL CROSSING: LET'S GO TO THE CITY WII NINTENDO NINTENDO

Dascu

Drop for HotDOverkill in combined chart, but it's holding on to its position in the Wii only chart. Nice work, Sega.

Oh, and Dead Rising Wii enters the Wii only chart at number 13. Hmm.

Raist

Banned
harSon said:
Wish I could afford Killzone 2 :(

Surprised Halo Wars is so high

27% of consumers had no idea it is an RTS.

yes I just pulled this number out of my ass

LBP is still there. HANG ON BUDDY

harSon

Banned
Didn't notice the Street Fighter 4 sales, it'd be interesting to see which version has the overall better numbers at this point.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
sionyboy said:
9 16 THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: OVERKILL WII SEGA SEGA

So so so happy to see Overkill performing relatively well. Chalk it up as another 'message to third parties'.

Good job Killzone 2 - maybe Sony notice that some strong advertising at launch has translated into some strong sales - I never saw any R2 ads at the time and bizarrely have started seeing some in the past couple of weeks. Obviously, word of mouth will have helped as well - I've been enjoying the game (only through act / chapter 2 so far).

Anyone from euroGAF clan want to fire me an invite (PSN: lochnesssnowman). Thanks :)

Loudninja

Neo-Sheperd said:
Oh ok. That's a not good but it aint bad either. I figured it would appeal to a lot more people in the UK than here in NA but guess I was wrong.

What do you mean that's not good?

I know it's just the weekend, but we can conclude that neither Killzone nor Halo Wars sold over 100k at launch as they weren't in February's ELSPA awards right?

FrankT

Sho_Nuff82 said:
I know it's just the weekend, but we can conclude that neither Killzone nor Halo Wars sold over 100k at launch as they weren't in February's ELSPA awards right?

Would seem to be the case. Or well maybe not then.

Spiegel

Sho_Nuff82 said:

I think they count February as January 26-February 22 and not the calendar month

Spiegel said:
I think they count February as January 26-February 22 and not the calendar month

Thanks for clearing that up, the OP stated "The end of February" so I figured it went through Saturday at least.

From ChartTrack:
Sony is in the Zone

Capcom’s ‘Street Fighter IV’ is knocked out after round 1, only lasting one week at the top of the All Formats Chart – this week’s brand new No1 is Sony’s ‘Killzone 2’ on PS3. ‘Killzone 2’ becomes the 4th fastest selling Sony published title ever in the UK (2nd fastest on PS3 behind ‘GT5 Prologue’).

It is Sony’s first All Formats No1 for almost two years: their last All Formats No1 was at the end of April 2007 with ‘God of War 2’ on PS2. With sales down 49%, ‘Street Fighter IV’ has to make way for a second first party new entry, dropping from No1 to No3, behind Microsoft’s RTS ‘Halo Wars’ which enters at No2. It might not be anywhere near the heights of its exalted predecessor ‘Halo 3’ (selling 17.6% of Halo 3’s record breaking launch week figure), but for a console strategy game spin-off it’s top of its field, outselling the next fastest selling Xbox 360 RTS title ‘Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars’, by almost 3 to 1. Sales of ‘Wii Fit’ are down 11%, dropping from No2 to No4. In fact all the remaining Top 10 games lose sales apart from Nintendo’s ‘Professor Layton’ which jumps back into the Top 10 at No5, boosted by renewed stock. The All Formats Top 5 is dominated this week by single format exclusives from each first party publisher with only ‘Street Fighter IV’ available on more than one format (Xbox 360 and PS3). ‘Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection’ also on Xbox 360 and PS3 and also sporting a retro appeal moves up one place to No6, sales only down 4% on its launch week. Former All Formats No1 sparring partners ‘FIFA 09’ (-24%) from EA and Activision Blizzard’s ‘Call of Duty: World at War’ (-21%) are neck and neck at No’s 7 and 8 respectively, while last week’s high flier ‘Ben 10: Alien Force’ (-29%) from D3P falls 5 places to No9, ahead of ‘Mario Kart Wii’ (-22%) at No10. The only other new release to make the All Formats Top 40 is Konami’s ‘Silent Hill: Homecoming’ at No11, getting a march on Capcom’s famous survival horror blockbuster ‘Resident Evil 5’, due for release on March 13th.

Raist

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:

There's no way those games have sold less than 100k. They published the results today, but they surely stopped tracking sales during the last week of february.

Capcom’s ‘Street Fighter IV’ is knocked out after round 1, only lasting one week at the top of the All Formats Chart – this week’s brand new No1 is Sony’s ‘Killzone 2’ on PS3. ‘Killzone 2’ becomes the 4th fastest selling Sony published title ever in the UK (2nd fastest on PS3 behind ‘GT5 Prologue’).

It is Sony’s first All Formats No1 for almost two years: their last All Formats No1 was at the end of April 2007 with ‘God of War 2’ on PS2. With sales down 49%, ‘Street Fighter IV’ has to make way for a second first party new entry, dropping from No1 to No3, behind Microsoft’s RTS ‘Halo Wars’ which enters at No2. It might not be anywhere near the heights of its exalted predecessor ‘Halo 3’ (selling 17.6% of Halo 3’s record breaking launch week figure), but for a console strategy game spin-off it’s top of its field, outselling the next fastest selling Xbox 360 RTS title ‘Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars’, by almost 3 to 1. Sales of ‘Wii Fit’ are down 11%, dropping from No2 to No4. In fact all the remaining Top 10 games lose sales apart from Nintendo’s ‘Professor Layton’ which jumps back into the Top 10 at No5, boosted by renewed stock.

The All Formats Top 5 is dominated this week by single format exclusives from each first party publisher with only ‘Street Fighter IV’ available on more than one format (Xbox 360 and PS3). ‘Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection’ also on Xbox 360 and PS3 and also sporting a retro appeal moves up one place to No6, sales only down 4% on its launch week. Former All Formats No1 sparring partners ‘FIFA 09’ (-24%) from EA and Activision Blizzard’s ‘Call of Duty: World at War’ (-21%) are neck and neck at No’s 7 and 8 respectively, while last week’s high flier ‘Ben 10: Alien Force’ (-29%) from D3P falls 5 places to No9, ahead of ‘Mario Kart Wii’ (-22%) at No10. The only other new release to make the All Formats Top 40 is Konami’s ‘Silent Hill: Homecoming’ at No11, getting a march on Capcom’s famous survival horror blockbuster ‘Resident Evil 5’, due for release on March 13th.

I'm actually surprised KZ2 sold less than GT5P.

That's interesting. I would have thought it was on track to beat GT5:p, what with the bigger userbase and all. I guess the price helped GT5:p somewhat.

Raist

Banned
Psychotext said:
That's interesting. I would have thought it was on track to beat GT5:p, what with the bigger userbase and all. I guess the price helped GT5:p somewhat.

GT5P was also released one day earlier, but at the same time it was available on PSN. Hmm...

That said, the GT franchise has always been huge, so it may be normal.

Dascu

Tideas said:
#16 can be 10k units. thats well?
Better than Silent Hill Homecoming on the PS3 at least.

Besides, it's on the same position on the Wii chart as last week. That could mean its sales are relatively similar to its position last week, but it got bumped down because of the new releases.

Raist said:

Seriously? GT in Europe is the strongest IP of Sony by far, actually an IP like KZ selling more than GT despite being so higly hyped, would have been surprising.

Dascu said:
Better than Silent Hill Homecoming on the PS3 at least.

Besides, it's on the same position on the Wii chart as last week. That could mean its sales are relatively similar to its position last week, but it got bumped down because of the new releases.

SH was released on an awful timefrime in both consoles in Europe, I can't think of many other Wii titles released along with HOTD that could shadow him.

Jammy

Banned
Tideas said:

It's been out for three or four weeks, not to mention it's a lightgun game. Has any other game of its kind done that well besides RE:UC maybe?

thaOwner

Raist said:
There's no way those games have sold less than 100k. They published the results today, but they surely stopped tracking sales during the last week of february.

GT is an established franchise though. With KZ2, Killzone 2 will also have its own fanbase and will do better the next time around (KZ3?) me thinks.

FrankT

Feb and March NPD is going to be very interesting to see where both these titles come out at.

Raist said:

Slightly surprising although not all that much. Besides the brand factor GT5P was also a budget priced title as well IIRC.

GhaleonEB

‘Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection’ also on Xbox 360 and PS3 and also sporting a retro appeal moves up one place to No6, sales only down 4% on its launch week.‘Sega Mega
Hell yes. More collections like this, thanks.

harSon

Banned
womfalcs3 said:
How much did Halo 3 sell on launch week? 600,000 copies?

According to this thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195441&page=2), Halo 3 sold to 1 in 3 360 owners at that time which was 1.4 million. So roughly 466,666 people purchased Halo 3 in its first week which means Halo Wars sold roughly 80,000 in its first week of sales using the 17.6% of Halo 3 figure listed above?

Neo-Sheperd said:
That's a huge drop ? Only 1 title is between holmes.

It was number one last week

Jammy

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
SH was released on an awful timefrime in both consoles in Europe, I can't think of many other Wii titles released along with HOTD that could shadow him.

Considering how Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit have been the biggest titles released the past year and STILL top the charts everywhere, I'd say you're wrong. :)

deepbrown

It is Sony’s first All Formats No1 for almost two years: their last All Formats No1 was at the end of April 2007 with ‘God of War 2’ on PS2. With sales down 49%, ‘Street Fighter IV’ has to make way for a second first party new entry, dropping from No1 to No3, behind Microsoft’s RTS ‘Halo Wars’ which enters at No2. It might not be anywhere near the heights of its exalted predecessor ‘Halo 3’ (selling 17.6% of Halo 3’s record breaking launch week figure), but for a console strategy game spin-off it’s top of its field, outselling the next fastest selling Xbox 360 RTS title ‘Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars’, by almost 3 to 1. Sales of ‘Wii Fit’ are down 11%, dropping from No2 to No4. In fact all the remaining Top 10 games lose sales apart from Nintendo’s ‘Professor Layton’ which jumps back into the Top 10 at No5, boosted by renewed stock.

The All Formats Top 5 is dominated this week by single format exclusives from each first party publisher with only ‘Street Fighter IV’ available on more than one format (Xbox 360 and PS3). ‘Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection’ also on Xbox 360 and PS3 and also sporting a retro appeal moves up one place to No6, sales only down 4% on its launch week. Former All Formats No1 sparring partners ‘FIFA 09’ (-24%) from EA and Activision Blizzard’s ‘Call of Duty: World at War’ (-21%) are neck and neck at No’s 7 and 8 respectively, while last week’s high flier ‘Ben 10: Alien Force’ (-29%) from D3P falls 5 places to No9, ahead of ‘Mario Kart Wii’ (-22%) at No10. The only other new release to make the All Formats Top 40 is Konami’s ‘Silent Hill: Homecoming’ at No11, getting a march on Capcom’s famous survival horror blockbuster ‘Resident Evil 5’, due for release on March 13th.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=635&s=1111

If Halo Wars holds the same ratio to Halo 3's launch in the US, it'll be in the range of 560,000 units in the first 10 days, which is more or less what I expected.

It's the Final Fantasy Tactics of the Halo Universe.

spwolf

Sho_Nuff82 said:
If Halo Wars holds the same ratio to Halo 3's launch in the US, it'll be in the range of 560,000 units in the first 10 days, which is more or less what I expected.

It's the Final Fantasy Tactics of the Halo Universe.

they can milk that in many ways :D

Jammy said:
Considering how Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit have been the biggest titles released the past year and STILL top the charts everywhere, I'd say you're wrong. :)

The crowd that it's still buying Mario Kart and Wii fit, it's clearly not the same that the one that could be interested on HOTD (even given the renewal that niche genre had on Wii partly because of casual gamers interest).

markatisu

Tideas said:

Do you even know the past history of the HoTD series

Overkill is doing very well, last week its sales were up 30% over its launch, it retained its position in the Wii charts and only needs to remain in the Top 30 for 3 more weeks to have outlasted every other light gun game

So yes its doing well even if its 10k

Top Bottom