• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 11, 2014

Raist

Banned
Lower than Minecraft 360 Edition means

Titanfall PC < 7,300
Titanfall total < 121,667
Titanfall One < 114,367

wasn't 70% of Titanfall sales hardware bundles? so is that 79,800 Xbox one Titanfall console bundles sold? (rounding down to 114,000 for easier calculations)

Raist

Banned
wasn't 70% of Titanfall sales hardware bundles? so is that 79,800 Xbox one Titanfall console sold? (rounding down to 114,000 for easier calculations)

You're doing it wrong. Unless 0 standalone retail copies of TF were sold. Which is slightly unlikely.

Road

What do you mean, "packaged retail"?

From this quote

I'm not sure it differentiates retail version and bundled codes.

71hFl8fpYsL._SL400_.jpg

Looks like a package sold by retail to me...

Bruno MB

Titanfall XBone attach rate must be insane. Now the question is what happens next week, can InFamous or MGSV unseat it from #1?

Just for fun:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 110.000 first week (177.000 3 weeks)
inFamous 2 - (50.000 3 weeks)

hoyalawya

Wasn't Titanfall released last Friday in the UK? How significant is that? Does it mean that the numbers in the report are from preorder and 1 day of retail availability? If true then it is pretty impressive.

Loudninja

Sony UK said this about inFamous on March 7th.
The upcoming super hero title is Sony&#8217;s first big PlayStation 4 game of 2014, and the publisher is putting a lot of money behind promoting the game. Second Son will see a multi-million pound TV and video on demand campaign, as well as a month-long cinema push.

&#8220;We have high expectations for Infamous: Second Son and are excited by the level of pre-orders which are exceeding that of The Last of Us at this point in the run up to its launch,&#8221; said SCE UK product manager Josh Walker.

&#8220;We can already see it benefitting from the goodwill and of buzz surrounding the PlayStation 4 and expect Second Son to be the biggest game in the Infamous series to date.&#8221;
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/infamous-second-son-pre-orders-higher-than-last-of-us/0129226

Italy:
01. FIFA 14 (PS3, EA)
02. Thief (PS4, Square Enix)
03. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3, Activision)
04. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3, Rockstar)
05. FIFA 14 (PS4, EA)
06. Just Dance 2014 (WII, Ubisoft)
07. FIFA 14 (Xbox 360, EA)
08. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3, Ubisoft)
09. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360, Rockstar)
10. Inazuma Eleven 3: Ogre all'Attacco (3DS, Nintendo)

http://multiplayer.it/notizie/129578-fifa-14-classifiche-italiane-fifa-14-torna-in-testa.html

All games are typically released on Fridays in the UK? I don't know why people bring up the number of days thing... :/
XBO split should be 94.x% so

94 <= XBO < 95
6 <= PC < 5
?

94%, as a figure given to two significant figures, should be mathematically anything between 93.5% and 94.6% when expanded to three significant figures...

No doubt about it.

The big challenge for Second Son is not to outdo its predecessors, but to take the franchise into the next level and be seen as a peer equal to other successful Sony franchises like GoW/Uncharted, rather than being one of Sony's midcarder franchises.

That's extremely difficult to achieve.

The big challenge for Second Son is not to outdo its predecessors, but to take the franchise into the next level and be seen as a peer equal to other successful Sony franchises like GoW/Uncharted, rather than being one of Sony's midcarder franchises.

I think/hope it can be done. Uncharted was written off because of the first game, yet here we are.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!

Well I really hope it can.

UC and GOW might be to high to reach they both sell 5.5 to 6 million each and the user base is not there yet .
If Infamous SS can reach 3.5 to 4 million when all said and done that would be great for SP .

First PS4 exclusive since release, SS is going to be the best selling game next week as well as going on to become the best selling Infamous title in the series.

I think MGS5 will outsell Infamous on PS4 alone to be honest. Konami has not exactly been advertising the fact that it's 3 hours of content.

Miles X

Isn't US x5 the UK? (last gen and XB1 hardware so far seems to suggest that).

If so we could be looking at a first week of 625k+ in US. Wonder how shy it is of 1m WW.

Eoin

Isn't US x5 the UK? (last gen and XB1 hardware so far seems to suggest that).

If so we could be looking at a first week of 625k+ in US. Wonder how shy it is of 1m WW.
With digital sales, especially PC, i'd say it's comfortably over.

Just for fun:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 110.000 first week (177.000 3 weeks)
inFamous 2 - (50.000 3 weeks)

No fun allowed.

Also Titanfall XBO > TLOU

01 (NE) PS3 THE LAST OF US (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - Between 84.000 and 116.000.

Above uncharted series too

01 (NE) PS3 UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 116.000
01 (NE) PS3 UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 84.000

No fun allowed.

Also Titanfall XBO > TLOU

01 (NE) PS3 THE LAST OF US (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - Between 84.000 and 116.000.

TLoU didn't start off all that great, but it had long legs.

Besides, we're hearing Sony say that UK's inFamous preorders are surpassing TLoU, so the expectations now is that it outperforms TLoU at launch, but who knows if inFamous will get the same legs and word-of-mouth that TLoU got.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
TLoU didn't start off all that great, but it had long legs.

Besides, we're hearing Sony say that UK's inFamous preorders are surpassing TLoU, so the expectations now is that it outperforms TLoU at launch, but who knows if inFamous will get the same legs and word-of-mouth that TLoU got.

Wasn't TLOU the fastest selling new IP in Sonys history?

TF bundle and pricecut seems to be highly effective although I would love to know what numbers we're talking about. Percentage changes leave so much to be desired.

It's disappointing we don't get actual sales numbers hardware wise anywhere but US and Japan

Sir, this would mean Ps4 > ONE in the uk debut week of Tf, right?

Assuming it's a weekly increase that those percentages are based on, we really don't know

PS4 could've sold 15K last week, XB1 30K

Then we'd have 26K PS4 vs 59K XB1 sales this week

Or it could've been 30K PS4 sales last week and 15K XB1 sales

Then we'd get 52K PS4 sales this week and 29K XB1 sales this week

Percentages are super annoying

Assuming it's a weekly increase that those percentages are based on, we really don't know

PS4 could've sold 15K last week, XB1 30K

Then we'd have 26K PS4 vs 59K XB1 sales this week

Or it could've been 30K PS4 sales last week and 15K XB1 sales

Then we'd get 52K PS4 sales this week and 29K XB1 sales this week

Percentages are super annoying

Yes, some actual numbers would be nice. This cloak and dagger shit gets on my nerves.

Top Bottom