• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 16, 2013

Is it just me or these sales are...... terrible? =/

I don't get how 6.3> sales are considered good for a 3DS exclusive SRPG, which has gotten heaps of critical praise and strong word of mouth.

UK is a market where 3DS has struggled more than in other countries, so it comes as a surprise that a niche game out of the blue manages to chart that high.

I gather it's a kind of game that for some reasons appeals particularly to British market apparently, whereas other big 3DS games have perhaps underperformed when compared to mainland Europe.

Cross-posting; just to give an idea of the numbers these titles are pulling: based on Bioshock Infinite's numbers, position 20 on the chart (Defiance PS3) must be less than 2.13K.

Fire Emblem's maximum is ~14K.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Well no, it was advertised quite a fair chunk, is in a hardware bundle, and comes at a time when there is essentially only one Nintendo console on the market and both this and LM2 are the two highest profile Nintendo releases in a fair while. You could probably round up at least 15,000 "I buy all things Nintendo" people in the UK alone. Theyre a good fanbase to have around!

Well, you can't find what's not released yet XD

Gah! Forgot it had been delayed a week! Seems like the guy in store didn't realise either as I asked him if they had it and he told me that they hadn't received any copies as nobody had pre-ordered it.

liger05

Was INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US being delayed on the Wii U reported at all last week. I dont remember reading anything to say this was the case. When games are delayed isnt this standard procedure?

If these sales for FE are good then i am happy :D

I was just worried that they looked so weak. We haven't gotten a decent FE for a long time and when we do get it, i was afraid of lower sales.

I don't have a 3DS yet but with games like FE and Bravely Default, i surely look forward to owning one.

Here's hoping that Bravely Default gives far stronger sales figure.

Yep sales had to be low if Injustice made it to no.1. Good result for FE on the chart, but sales wise the same can't be said.

Lego City still in the charts on Value which is nice, though again, sales won't be good.

Serenity

Still trying to understand why Luigi is being looked at like some up start new I.p. and not the co-star to one of the most popular series of all time. Why the surprise that it is selling well?

Well no, it was advertised quite a fair chunk, is in a hardware bundle, and comes at a time when there is essentially only one Nintendo console on the market and both this and LM2 are the two highest profile Nintendo releases in a fair while. You could probably round up at least 15,000 "I buy all things Nintendo" people in the UK alone. Theyre a good fanbase to have around!

Uh huh...

javac

yeah there was, pretty surprising

What channels do you guys watch? I never see anything. I'm guessing stuff like Sky 1? I remember seeing Skyward sword ads on there when it came out and Resident Evil 6 ads months in advance. My little brother watches stuff like Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network 24/7 and I always see Luigi's Mansion ads but nothing else. But I'm guessing Fire Emblem is outside of Cartoon Networks jurisdiction :p

Fire Emblem hasn't been in stock anywhere I live, and I've been looking for it. Must have sold well.

I'm surprised that Injustice is top of the list, I hadn't even heard of it until last week and I haven't seen any adverts.

What channels do you guys watch? I never see anything. I'm guessing stuff like Sky 1? I remember seeing Skyward sword ads on there when it came out and Resident Evil 6 ads months in advance. My little brother watches stuff like Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network 24/7 and I always see Luigi's Mansion ads but nothing else. But I'm guessing Fire Emblem is outside of Cartoon Networks jurisdiction :p

think i saw it yesterday on channel 4

That crow...its digestion must be causing so much pain.

Despite the fact that I dont think 15k max is particularly impressive although not terrible either, it reeks of hypocrisy to try and pretend like oh those Nintendo fans will gobble up anything.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Despite the fact that I dont think 15k max is particularly impressive although not terrible either, it reeks of hypocrisy to try and pretend like oh those Nintendo fans will gobble up anything.

Yeah, that's what I think too.

gtj1092

Have you ever participated in a NDirect thread or Nintendo E3 press conference thread? You would think nintendo cured cancer after every reveal.

SmokyDave

I feel like I've totally missed the bus on Injustice. I just don't have any interest in the title at all, and yet there it is, atop the charts.

Poor LEGO City. Shame on any Wii-U owners that haven't bought it.

I feel like I've totally missed the bus on Injustice. I just don't have any interest in the title at all, and yet there it is, atop the charts.

dont feel too sorry for lego city, did pretty well considering the installed base, will probably bubble along til xmas and finish up vaguely respectable

Mr_B_Fett

It's on my shame backlog. Might be a while before I get round to it.

Moonstone

multiplayer.it said:
Top 10 PC
01. SimCity Limited Edition (EA)
02. World of Warcraft pre paid card (Blizzard)
03. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm (Blizzard)
04. FIFA 13 (EA)
05. Farming Simulator 2013 (Focus Home)

The Axis powers seem to be deep into that Farming Simulator shit. They should release it in Japan they love those quirky sims.

Sim City still on 1# (same as last week).

Daingurse

Fire Emblem at #3?

i8aRSowW2JbX.gif

What a franchise revival

Great games deserve it. As soon as I get my grip for my OG 3DS I'm buying it, can't wait any longer.

Weirdly, my local Asda doesn't stock any Nintendo published 3DS games newer than Leyton, and we know already that Wii U support is sporadic at best (mine has never, ever had anything to do with the system). Bust up between Nintendo & supplier? Spnic Racing is, as far as I can tell, the most recent game from any publisher.

mclem

I gather it's a kind of game that for some reasons appeals particularly to British market apparently, whereas other big 3DS games have perhaps underperformed when compared to mainland Europe.

Julian Gollop is British. I'm choosing to base my entire theory on the success of the title on that fact.

Mpl90

Germany top 10 (by Mediabiz)

01. Injustice: Gods Among Us - PS3 (NEW)
02. Fire Emblem: Awakening - 3DS (NEW)
03. SimCity - PC (1)
04. Luigi Mansion 2 - 3DS (2)
05. Injustice: Gods Among Us - Xbox 360 (NEW)
06. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm - PC (3)
07. BioShock: Infinite - PS3 (4)
08. BioShock: Infinite - PC (5)
09. FIFA 13 - PS3 (9)
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops II - PS3 ()

Sweden:
1) PlayStation Network Voucher 200 SEK (Card)
2) WoW Game Card 60 Days (Card)
3) Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
4) WoW Game Card 60 Days (Card)
5) FIFA 13 (PS3)
6) FIFA 13 (X360)
7) SimCity (PC)
8) Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii)
9) Live Points 2100 (Card)
10) Tomb Raider (PS3)
11) PlayStation Network Voucher 400 SEK (Card)
12) Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm (PC)
13) Bioshock Infinite (X360)
14) Bioshock Infinite (PS3)
15) Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3)
16) Injustice: Gods Among Us (X360)
17) Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)
18) NHL 13 (PS3)
19) Battlefield 4 Pre-order (Multi)
20) Tomb Raider (X360)

Norway:
1) Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)
2) PlayStation Network Voucher 200 NOK (Card)
3) Bioshock Infinite (PS3)
4) Bioshock Infinite (X360)
5) Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
6) FIFA 13 (PS3)
7) Tomb Raider (PS3)
8) Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)
9) SimCity (PC)
10) Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3)
11) Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3)
12) PlayStation Network Voucher 200 NOK (Card)
13) PlayStation Network Voucher 400 NOK (Card)
14) Battlefield 4 Pre-order (Multi)
15) Lice Card NOK 400 (Card)
16) Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii)
17) Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2 (PS3)
18) COD: Black Ops 2 (PS3)
19) Far Cry 3 (PS3)
20) New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)

Finland:
1) Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)
2) PlayStation Network Voucher 20 EUR (Card)
3) NHL 13 (PS3)
4) Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
5) PlayStation Network Voucher 50 EUR (Card)
6) Dance Dance Revolution: New Moves-Bundle (PS3)
7) COD: Black Ops 2 (PS3)
8) FIFA 13: Bonus Edition (PS3)
9) Bioshock Infinite (PS3)
10) SimCity (PC)
11) Tomb Raider (PS3)
12) GTA IV (PS3)
13) Bioshock Infinite (X360)
14) Battlefield 3 (PS3)
15) GranTurismo 5: Academy Edition (PS3)
16) Angry Birds Trilogy (PS3)
17) Alkupolku Josefina Englannin Kieli (DS)
18) FIFA 13 (PS3)
19) Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)
20) Live Points 2100P (Card)

Denmark:
1) PlayStation Network Voucher 200 KR (Card)
2) Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)
3) Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii)
4) FIFA 13 (PS3)
5) WoW Game Card 60 Days (Card)
6) SimCity (PC)
7) Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (PS3)
8) Just Dance 4 (Wii)
9) WoW Game Card 60 Days (Card)
10) Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)
11) Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3)
12) Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3)
13) The Sims 3: University Life (PC)
14) Tomb Raider (PS3)
15) Sniper Ghost Warrior - Limited Edition (PS3)
16) COD: Black Ops 2 (PS3)
17) Army Of Two: The Devil's Cartel (PS3)
18) Bioshock Infinite (PS3)
19) Farming Simulator 2013 (PC)
20) Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2 (PS3)

http://www.gfkhitlist.com/game.aspx

Mpl90

German preorder chart (only console)

1. ( 6 ) LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS, Nintendo)
2. ( 7 ) Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen (PS3, Capcom)
3. ( 3 ) Tales of Xillia (PS3, Namco Bandai)
4. (NEW) Soul Sacrifice (PS Vita, Sony)
5. ( 5 ) Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS, Nintendo)
6. ( 9 ) Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS, Nintendo)
7. (10 ) Grand Theft Auto V (PS3, Rockstar Games)
8. ( 8 ) Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3, Ubisoft)
9. (NEW) Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (3DS, Nintendo)
10.(NEW) The Last of Us (PS3, Sony)

jvm

Gamasutra.
I will get more detail later, but this week's MCV UK reports that UK software sales were the lowest on record this past week, measured by units. A fairly high ASP kept it from being that way on revenue.

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that we're about to enter the dry season. This is precisely what I was talking about, and this is hardly a propitious beginning.

The software market is basically about 10-15% behind where it was at the same point in 2012, measured in units and revenue. But we've burned through the best month of sales, and now there's a wasteland in front of us.

By the time we reach mid-summer, being behind by only 10-15% may seem like a beautiful fantasy.

Mario007

German preorder chart (only console)

1. ( 6 ) LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS, Nintendo)
2. ( 7 ) Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen (PS3, Capcom)
3. ( 3 ) Tales of Xillia (PS3, Namco Bandai)
4. (NEW) Soul Sacrifice (PS Vita, Sony)
5. ( 5 ) Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS, Nintendo)
6. ( 9 ) Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS, Nintendo)
7. (10 ) Grand Theft Auto V (PS3, Rockstar Games)
8. ( 8 ) Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3, Ubisoft)
9. (NEW) Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (3DS, Nintendo)
10.(NEW) The Last of Us (PS3, Sony)
First time Germany showing any sort of an interest in a Vita game? Then again with the performance of MH3 there just a couple of weeks ago this is understandable.

Top Bottom