• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 17, 2012

Uncharted 3 out-legging new Super Mario and Mario Kart games, Call of Duty, Battlefield and Skyrim. Welp. GT5 still top 20 two years later. Sony has no big franchises! Where is Gears 3 btw? :)

Petrichor

Uncharted 3 out-legging new Super Mario and Mario Kart games, Call of Duty, Battlefield and Skyrim. Welp. GT5 still top 20 two years later. Sony has no big franchises! Where is Gears 3 btw? :)

People bought Gears 3 when it launched at full price, rather than waiting for a drastic price drop, a la Uncharted 3.

Uncharted does do better in Europe than Gears though generally (save maybe the UK),

tzare

I bought Me3 yesterday for 22 pounds at amazon uk. How is the game so cheap when only launched 2 months ago and still on top 5?

Hammer24

Banned
I bought Me3 yesterday for 22 pounds at amazon uk. How is the game so cheap when only launched 2 months ago and still on top 5?

Chart position has had no meaning the last couple of months, as the actual sales numbers have been abysmal all around.

Moonstone

How's the Vita launch compared to 3DS / usual german hardware launches?

I don't think we got numbers, usually this happens only when they are pretty good and there is a press release. According to gamesindustry.biz Nintendo shipped less than 100k for the launch and AFAIR they didn't sell out. So probably the same or even less, I guess.

But germany isn't known for early adopters, usually all hardware launches have pretty low numbers. 80k seems pretty good for the vita.

noobie said:
Any promotional stuff or price reduction by Microsoft on XBOX 360 for such a large increase

I don't really know. There were some promotional sales in Jjnuary (360 250GB for 149.- €) but that was just a short promotional sale. Although this might indicate that the 360 was overshipped here. Others may have had similar good deals in the following months.

Especially the fact that the Xbox guy explicitly states that the recent growth is not because of price reductions indicates that this was the case, otherwise he wouldn't have had to mention it. ;)

But I don't really know.

Jokeropia

I guess you didn't see the Week 18 chart, but yes bundled games generally have good legs in Chart-Track. Not that Uncharted or GT aren't big franchises in the UK.

Top Bottom