• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 17, 2015

coastel

Another RTS coming to PS4:

Grand-Ages-Medieval-PS4-Amazon-Germany-280x348.jpg

I like to think Tropico's reception had a hand in it. :p

Never seen this before and now I really want it after seeing some images. One thing I do miss on consoles is RTS and I am hoping a few will come to console.

orochi91

Germany Hardware LTD through March 2015:

PS4: 1,600,000
XBO: 378,000

YTD:

PS4: 208,000
XBO: 47,000

Dying Light sells 80,000 in Poland.

hmm how come these hardware updates rarely ever include the Wii U

anyway

PS4: 240,000
XBO: 100,000

PS4: 1,142,000
XBO: 231,000

Outrageous.

Europe knows best :D

So France is actually a bigger market for the Xbox One than Germany is.

What's the France split looking like?

What's the France split looking like?

both countries through 2014

Germany
PS4: 1,392,000
XBO: 331,000
ratio: 4.21

France
PS4: 1,100,000 (-21.0% from Germany)
XBO: 416,000 (+25.7% from Germany)
ratio: 2.64 (looks like I was right about France being the most favorable Xbox market in continental Europe...though that's not saying much)

orochi91

At the end of 2014, PS4: 1.1m and Xbox One: 416k.

At the end of 2014 the install base for the Xbox One in France is 25% larger than Germany.

both countries through 2014

Germany
PS4: 1,392,000
XBO: 331,000
ratio: 4.21

France
PS4: 1,100,000 (-21.0% from Germany)
XBO: 416,000 (+25.7% from Germany)
ratio: 2.64 (looks like I was right about France being the most favorable Xbox market in continental Europe...though that's not saying much)

Interesting, did XB1 have explosive sales during holiday 2014, like in the US?

Either way, I expect the gap in France is much larger by now.

barit

Who the hell buys Vanilla Diablo 3 over Diablo 3:RoS in Germany? The game is still in the Top40 for PC lol

And Bloodborne has really strong legs. Amazing

Bl@de

Germany sure does love playstation.

Bought one two weeks ago (PS4, 2nd Controller, Bloodborne, 399€). Friend saw Bloodborne, bought one last week. Never even considered a Xbox. Even if you can get them for 299€ with a game everywhere (and often even cheaper).

Donos

Bought one two weeks ago (PS4, 2nd Controller, Bloodborne, 399€). Friend saw Bloodborne, bought one last week. Never even considered a Xbox. Even if you can get them for 299€ with a game everywhere (and often even cheaper).
The past 4 month had insane deals for xb1 in Germany but the chance is really gone here.

Xando

Germany Hardware LTD through March 2015:

PS4: 1,600,000
XBO: 378,000

YTD:

Dying Light sells 80,000 in Poland.

Shocking but this is what happens when you completely abandon marketing for your product. I'm still waiting for my friends to buy a XB but none of them seems to be interested even at 299€ + game.

BTW. If you speak german there is a good interview with the german playstation boss where he speaks about PC gamers transitioning to consoles (primarily PS4) and the gap against competitors.
edit: interesting enough he hints at a price cut for christmas.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Didn't we get similar stats up to March last year? In the cse, what were the numbers back then?

panda-zebra

Anyone have any idea how much the install bases in tier 1 europe is inflated by exports to tier 2 europe? Is there anything to suggest France might have been a heavier exporter over Germany, that's the angle I'm thinking about.

Xando

Anyone have any idea how much the install bases in tier 1 europe is inflated by exports to tier 2 europe? Is there anything to suggest France might have been a heavier exporter over Germany, that's the angle I'm thinking about.

If i remember right most consoles came from germany or the UK.

What's the general price difference between PS4 and the Bone in Germany? I noticed recently at a store that in Finland the Bone is already 70 euro cheaper at 329. I mean it's almost at the mass market 299 price and nobody seems to care.
XB1 is usually 299€ - 350€, i have seen one for 269€ once but i guess that was a one time offer. PS4 is usually 350€ - 449€ (With games) depending on the offer.

Achire

What's the general price difference between PS4 and the Bone in Germany? I noticed recently at a store that in Finland the Bone is already 70 euro cheaper at 329. I mean it's almost at the mass market 299 price and nobody seems to care.

Oldsql

Here in Berlin it´s quite difficult to keep an overview of the Xbone price due to the amount of bundles. The cheapest I´ve seen was the Sunset Overdrive one for 349 Euro. PS4 still goes for 399 without any special offers..

Another thing is that the Xbox area in the big electronic stores get smaller and smaller in comparison to the Playstation. Some stores aren´t even selling the Xbox here

Xando

Pretty good site to see the XB1 & PS4 prices in online stores.

DieH@rd

Banned
Let us not forget that Scandinavian TierX retailers imported a lot Xbone of consoles from Germany before MS decided they are worthy of receiving official support. So these German sales are not even showcasing true state of Xbone gaming in Germany.

edit - XBone sales arrived in Scandinavia in September of 2014, almost year after launch in US/Tier1 EU countries
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=888281

Let us not forget that Scandinavian TierX retailers imported a lot Xbone of consoles from Germany before MS decided they are worthy of receiving official support. So these German sales are not even showcasing true state of Xbone gaming in Germany.

Yup, I think we're starting to see that effect in these numbers...

YTD:

Top Bottom