• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 19, 2015

Tenebrous

inFamous didn't stop PS4 version of Watchdogs.

Nothing stopped Watch_Dogs, which is a shame, haha.

It may only be a difference of a few percent - Hell, it may not be over 1% at all, but I do think Forza played a part in the sales difference. If Forza didn't exist, I'd still expect a lot more sales on PS4, but that's just the story of the generation.

I'm sensing a trend here..

Was the MKX sales differential as large?

I wouldn't be surprised if the PS4 cleaned up house with The Witcher 3.

The install base is pretty large now and hungry for big title software.
Doesn't the PS4 customer base have a greater affinity for RPG's too?

Yes

The PS4 version was the big winner with a 61% share compared to 38% on Xbox One and 1% on PC

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1032286&highlight=pal

Conduit

Banned
Racing sims aren't Niche.

Sales for racing sims are in decline for several years now.

Xbox historically is the platform where Wrpgs sell more on, if this was a Jrpg I'd get this post.(Especially in UK)

Historically? Time has changed now. Don't be surprised if the The Witcher 3 sold more on PS4 in UK and in US ( it is said that there is more preorders for PS4 ). DA : I sold more on PS4 WW, IIRC

Which is BS we have no data for, and 360 sales seem to indicate it's not by much if anything.

IIRC, i think there was a pool before.

Anyway Forza still having very good legs compared to the alternate bundled racer that was pushed "heavily' that is no longer on the chart is surprising considering the deals I hear about for DC>].

Maybe deals are gone. When there was a bundles, DC was in top 40.

Chobel

I expect all FPS games to sell way more in PS4 this year, 2:1 at least. I mean XB1 has Halo 5 this year, right?

Sales for racing sims are in decline for several years now.

Historically? Time has changed now. Don't be surprised if the The Witcher 3 sold more on PS4 in UK and in US ( it is said that there is more preorders for PS4 ). DA : I sold more on PS4 WW, IIRC

IIRC, i think there was a pool before.

Maybe deals are gone. When there was a bundles, DC was in top 40.

1. Doesn't mean they are Niche.

2. How many Wrpgs have released so far across X1 and PS4? Not many.

3. 360 sales last holiday show there's quite a bit there.

4. Last I heard there were still bundles unless they stopped?

Come on, let's not pretend Halo has the draw it once did so we can feign shock when most other FPS games outsell Halo on X1 by a healthy margin.

All Halo has to do is open at 3+ million to be in line with the other games. If Halo MCC is over 1 million, maybe at 2 for all we know, I think Halo 5 will easily make that. Especially in the first 2 months.

Stanng243

Do we know the split n DA:I for PS4/Xbox one? I'm curious to see if there is any indication on which system RPGs sell better. Especially since Microsoft had the marketing deal for DA:I.

EDIT: The debut week in PAL charts, it sold more on PS4.

gtj1092

Come on, let's not pretend Halo has the draw it once did so we can feign shock when most other FPS games outsell Halo on X1 by a healthy margin.

I think the joke went past you. The point is that since when does having a big game mean the sales of other games in a similar genre suffer. Usually if a console has a big game say FPS(Halo) then other FPSes(COD) sale well there. Like the console that gets FF will sell RPGs. A console with Mario will sell platformers. But it seems now when a Ps4 games greatly outsells a X1 game its all about well X1 has KI or F5. When it should be the opposite.

I think the joke went past you. The point is that since when does having a big game mean the sales of other games in a similar genre suffer. Usually if a console has a big game say FPS(Halo) then other FPSes(COD) sale well there. Like the console that gets FF will sell RPGs. A console with Mario will sell platformers. But it seems now when a Ps4 games greatly outsells a X1 game its all about well X1 has KI or F5. When it should be the opposite.
Yep. I've seen Nintendo criticized for not creating an audience for FPS/TPS by not developing a blockbuster first party game in those genres. First party games cultivate an audience that then want more games in the genre to play.

At least I always assumed that was the common line of thinking.

Steroyd

Yep. I've seen Nintendo criticized for not creating an audience for FPS/TPS by not developing a blockbuster first party game in those genres. First party games cultivate an audience that then want more games in the genre to play.

At least I always assumed that was the common line of thinking.

That was my line of thinking, Xbox was labelled a "shooterbox" not because it had Halo and all else kneeled before it but because shooting games sold really well on the system and seen as the defacto console for shooters because of Halo's popularity, similar thing with the "dudebro 360" and COD.

Kyougar

Microsoft Chad is banned :/ he was such a good comedian :[

Witcher will sell more on PS4 on Consoles, its an RPG. If i were pessimistic I would at maximum say the are fairly even or at most 1 to 3 % higher on Xbox. but i dont see it.

Do we know the split n DA:I for PS4/Xbox one? I'm curious to see if there is any indication on which system RPGs sell better. Especially since Microsoft had the marketing deal for DA:I.

EDIT: The debut week in PAL charts, it sold more on PS4.

Hard to tell without digital sales, concidering EA access members got early access to it and 10% off digitally.

bombshell

Hard to tell without digital sales, concidering EA access members got early access to it and 10% off digitally.

I know it's not the same game, but the impact of EA Access to the sales of the XB1 version of BF:Hardline has been negligible looking at bfhstats.com.

Paganmoon

Can't see them making up the difference in digital though:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140174014&postcount=12 said:
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/far_cr...es_so_far.html

Dragon Age : Inq

PS 4: 43%
X1: 30%
X360 : 12%
PS 3: 6%
PC: 9%

I know it's not the same game, but the impact of EA Access to the sales of the XB1 version of BF:Hardline has been negligible looking at bfhstats.com.

It's alot closer than the BF4 split at the same time. Remember there is about 10million extra PS4's in the world too.
BF4 is the superior game though and that is available on Access.

EDIT : Most of my friends list has gone digital this generation. It's got to be a pretty huge chunk of users over all?

Kayant

DD sales as a counter argument is a bit silly as there also unknown sales from the PS store.

It's alot closer than the BF4 split at the same time. Remember there is about 10million extra PS4's in the world too.

EDIT : Most of my friends list has gone digital this generation. It's got to be a pretty huge chunk of users over all?

Lool

DD sales as a counter argument is a bit silly as there also unknown sales from the PS store.

Lool

Not at all, there was no 10% off deal on PS4. I ain't saying it sold more by any means. But I think the gap is alot slimmer than PAL charts suggest.
Also with EA Access you are downloading the whole game, so it is already on the system.

I really think it's time for MS/Sony to start releasing digital sales data.

Steroyd

Always assume digital sales account for 10% of the overall sales.

They'll shout about it when they have figures worth shouting about, hell look at the difference from when Sony talked about "playstation family" to dropping PS4 sales figures and MS went the exact opposite.

Doesn't mention anything about the peak in 24h. Without it, we can't actually know the split.

Your are right. I guess I am overestimating digital sales. Maybe my friends list has catched on to digital more because NZ retail prices compared to US Xbox Marketplace are a pretty massive difference.

That doesn't show peak times, you know just like BF:H numbers right now are 4:1 in favour of PS4 because US is sleeping. May is also far from BF4 launch.

I know that it wasn't 2:1 around release, because I actually followed those numbers at the site.

Cool, i'll take ya word on it. Dunno why I thought BF4 on PS4 killed XB1 sales. I should get some sleep.

FATALITY

Banned
(Not including Project Cars)
Number of known sims on PS4: None.
Number of known sims on Xbox One: Forza 5, with Forza 6 landing this year. Known quantity, high quality series.

I'm not saying it's the main factor, but it definitely is a factor.

lol is this a meme or what?

"Pcars sold more on ps4 because xbox owners are playing a 2 two year old game or waiting for a game that most of the people dont know is coming"

lol is this a meme or what?

"Pcars sold more on ps4 because xbox owners are playing a 2 two year old game or waiting for a game that most of the people dont know is coming"

No it's pretty logical. The thirst has been real on Playstation for a proper racer.

no its not. its bullshit

Well concidering the Playstation faithful in europe love Gran Turismo, a Gran Turismo like on the PS4 was always going to do gangbusters.
So far there have only been 3 racing games, all arcade style.

EDIT: I could see it staying quite high on PS4 in PAL charts for months to come.

bombshell

Cool, i'll take ya word on it. Dunno why I thought BF4 on PS4 killed XB1 sales. I should get some sleep.

I'd think it sold around 1.5:1, similar to how BF:H seems to have sold. That's why I brought up BF:H as an example of how I don't think EA Access has had a big impact on sales.

For a shooter that is sort of killing it, considering the Xbox fan base.

I'd think it sold around 1.5:1, similar to how BF:H seems to have sold. That's why I brought up BF:H as an example of how I don't think EA Access has had a big impact on sales.

For a shooter that is sort of killing it, considering the Xbox fan base.

Well not really, we know a decent chunk switched to PS4 this generation.

Not at all, there was no 10% off deal on PS4. I ain't saying it sold more by any means. But I think the gap is alot slimmer than PAL charts suggest.
Also with EA Access you are downloading the whole game, so it is already on the system.

To take advantage of that deal, people had to subscribe to EA Access and not only buy DA: I, but buy it digitally. Sorry but I think we're talking about a small subset of people here.

Top Bottom