• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 23, 2015

Tbh I'm more talking about the "made up estimates" for France 2nd week and other data to somehow prove that Splatoon has sold more than 500k.

There is no doubt that Splatoon will sell more than 500k easily, but we can't just say it has already.

Unless it's bombed in America it almost certainly has sold over 500k already, it's pretty illogical to think otherwise

ZhugeEX

Banned
Unless it's bombed in America it almost certainly has sold over 500k already, it's pretty illogical to think otherwise

Surely it's illogical to think that it must have sold 500k without there being evidence to support that more than 500k has been sold.

Again, I'm not saying that it hasn't.

Just that we can only use the numbers we have, not made up ones.

Xbone players don't want corridor racers with bland presentation.

ifcK2tshub3ma.gif

Because it's cheaper than a banana and you can play your Vita-only games on a TV.

I don't particularly want to play Vita-only games on my TV though. Steins;Gate had a PS3 version so I thought why not, let's play this type of game on a home console for a change and see it at 1080p. That's cheaper than buying a PSTV just so I can play the Vita version on the big screen. Not to mention it would look worse given the resolution.

Prelude.

I don't particularly want to play Vita-only games on my TV though. Steins;Gate had a PS3 version so I thought why not, let's play this type of game on a home console for a change and see it at 1080p. That's cheaper than buying a PSTV just so I can play the Vita version on the big screen. Not to mention it would look worse given the resolution.
Apparently they re-used the "translated CG" from the pc version (576p) in the console release so you can tell us how they look upscaled to 1080p in the S;G OT when you get your copy.

Fantastic result for Splatoon, far better than I'd hoped.

Like I've said before, this is what happens when Nintendo actually try and be competitive. Release their own unique spin on the kind of games people want, advertise it like crazy, and not surprisingly, it'll sell!

Also, brilliant to see Steins Gate chart! And in the top 20!

Yup, that's why those "Nintendo can't compete", "They'll never get core gamers back" and "Their only chance to stay relevant is doing something different" shouts are apologist/defeatist bullshit. Once they're determinated to get back on track and grab the market, they'll have no problem, as, despite the controversy surrounding their lastest systems, they still hold major appeal on the eyes of the gaming world.

So, how much do you think a decent decrease from 1st week to 2nd week normally is?

I didn't comment on whether the decrease was decent or not, just that Week 2 is too early to bring up 'legs' of a title. The basis of the original comment was that it has developed nice legs so far, but if nice legs is a 50% drop week over week, the game will sputter out before it reaches 50k.

Wiggy

Haven't checked in a while so I was surprised at how high the price of a new Wii U is still in the UK. Splatoon Bundle £247 on Amazon - not too far off ps4/xb1. I cant imagine much of Splatoon bump at that price, shame these chart wont tell us.

gtj1092

Yup, that's why those "Nintendo can't compete", "They'll never get core gamers back" and "Their only chance to stay relevant is doing something different" shouts are apologist/defeatist bullshit. Once they're determinated to get back on track and grab the market, they'll have no problem, as, despite the controversy surrounding their lastest systems, they still hold major appeal on the eyes of the gaming world.

Yay Nintendo. Nintendo only sales bad because they want to and as soon as they want to be number 1 again they will be. Nintendo are the best.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I didn't comment on whether the decrease was decent or not, just that Week 2 is too early to bring up 'legs' of a title. The basis of the original comment was that it has developed nice legs so far, but if nice legs is a 50% drop week over week, the game will sputter out before it reaches 50k.

Your logic is flawed by the same thing that you argue about. You apply the 2nd week decrease to calculate the trend in order to argue against using the 2nd week sales/position as an indication for the game's legs.

What you fail to observe is that actually a 50% drop in the second week it's in itself a decent indication, as usually the second week drop is rather around 75% percent. Still to be confirmed by the next weeks' sales, of course.

Taking the second week drop and applying it to the following weeks doesn't make sense in any case though.

Steroyd

What!? This is pretty much the status quo.

Splatoon, a Nintendo title selling well on a Nintendo platform is the prime symptom to the problem Nintendo has had for decades, Nintendo needs non-Nintendo games to do as well as Nintendo does on the system before we can start talking about grabbing markets.

Surely it's illogical to think that it must have sold 500k without there being evidence to support that more than 500k has been sold.

Again, I'm not saying that it hasn't.

Just that we can only use the numbers we have, not made up ones.

We can use the numbers we have to make guesstimates at the ones we don't, we are all basically arm chair data analysts in here and that's kinda what data analysts do

geordiemp

There are 2 WiiU titles in the whole UK top 40. That's pretty normal.

WiiU is almost same price as a Ps4 / Xb1 in UK. Most stores don't sell or stock it. I have never actually seen one in a shop.

I want what you are smoking.

LOCK

...It's week two and experienced a 50% drop, if the 'legs' keep going like that, it'll cross the finish line south of 50k. I don't think that fits the criteria of 'nice legs'
Because I've been a participant of sales-age for like 15 years now. I know that when a game has a smaller than average second week drop it will have decent legs compared to its opening. I'm not stating that the game will become a phenom or anything.

I think Splatoon has the potential to be this years Tomodachi Collection. It has a nice opening in Italy as well.

Is anybody doing a comparison of Witcher 2 vs Witcher 3?

Bruno MB

FScg6.png

Spain:
May 2015 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 THE WITCHER III: WILD HUNT (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
02 (02) PS4 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (NE) PS4 PROJECT CARS - LIMITED EDITION (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
04 (__) 3DS TOMODACHI LIFE (NINTENDO)
05 (06) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
06 (09) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
07 (__) PS4 MINECRAFT - PLAYSTATION 4 EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
08 (NE) PS4 PROJECT CARS (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
09 (__) PS3 MINECRAFT - PLAYSTATION 3 EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
10 (07) 3DS INAZUMA ELEVEN GO CHRONO STONES: WILDFIRE (NINTENDO)

What!? This is pretty much the status quo.

Splatoon, a Nintendo title selling well on a Nintendo platform is the prime symptom to the problem Nintendo has had for decades, Nintendo needs non-Nintendo games to do as well as Nintendo does on the system before we can start talking about grabbing markets.

Yes, they need 3rd-parties as well, but going after new audiences and genres themselves helps too, like they're doing with Splatoon right now. They got a TPS, something they didn't, and should keep expanding their audience as much as they can and not remain restricted to a selected IP's and genres (most specifically Mario) like they were these last years.

There are 2 WiiU titles in the whole UK top 40. That's pretty normal.

WiiU is almost same price as a Ps4 / Xb1 in UK. Most stores don't sell or stock it. I have never actually seen one in a shop.

I want what you are smoking.

So? They can't pursue new audiences and invest into new genres because they're underperforming in UK? Please...

Bruno MB

yW8JH.png

Germany:
Week 23, 2015 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (01) PS4 THE WITCHER 3 - WILDE JAGD (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
02 (02) WIU SPLATOON (NINTENDO)
03 (08) PS4 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (03) PC THE WITCHER 3 - WILDE JAGD (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
05 (05) PS4 PROJECT CARS (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
06 (07) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
07 (06) PS4 DRIVECLUB (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
08 (16) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
09 (09) PC GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
10 (04) XBO THE WITCHER 3 - WILDE JAGD (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
11 (14) PS3 MINECRAFT - PLAYSTATION 3 EDITION (AK TRONIC)
12 (12) PS4 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
13 (NE) PC HEROES OF THE STORM - STARTERPAKET (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
14 (10) PS3 LANDWIRTSCHAFTS-SIMULATOR 15 (ASTRAGON)
15 (13) PS4 LANDWIRTSCHAFTS-SIMULATOR 15 (ASTRAGON)
16 (17) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
17 (20) 3DS POKÉMON: OMEGA RUBIN (NINTENDO)
18 (18) 3DS PUZZLE & DRAGONS Z + PUZZLE & DRAGONS: SUPER MARIO BROS. EDITION (NINTENDO)
19 (27) 3DS ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF (NINTENDO)
20 (15) PS4 WOLFENSTEIN: THE OLD BLOOD (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
21 (23) 3DS POKÉMON: ALPHA SAPHIR (NINTENDO)
22 (19) PS4 FAR CRY 4 - LIMITED EDITION (UBISOFT)
23 (26) 3DS TOMODACHI LIFE (NINTENDO)
24 (25) PC DIE SIMS 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
25 (30) PS4 ASSASSIN'S CREED: UNITY (UBISOFT)
26 (22) PC LANDWIRTSCHAFTS-SIMULATOR 15 (ASTRAGON)
27 (11) PS4 MINECRAFT - PS4 EDITION (AK TRONIC)
28 (40) PS3 FAR CRY 4 - LIMITED EDITION (UBISOFT)
29 (32) 3DS SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR NINTENDO 3DS (NINTENDO)
30 (24) PS4 BATTLEFIELD: HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
31 (29) WIU KIRBY UND DER REGENBOGEN-PINSEL (NINTENDO)
32 (34) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
33 (37) 3DS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D (NINTENDO)
34 (31) WIU MARIO PARTY 10 (NINTENDO)
35 (36) PS4 THE CREW (UBISOFT)
36 (28) 360 LANDWIRTSCHAFTS-SIMULATOR 15 (ASTRAGON)
37 (21) PS4 FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD REMASTER - LIMITED EDITION (KOCH MEDIA)
38 (35) PC DIE SIMS 4: AN DIE ARBEIT (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
39 (47) PS3 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
40 (45) 360 MINECRAFT - XBOX 360 EDITION (AK TRONIC)
41 (39) PS3 WATCH DOGS - BONUS EDITION (UBISOFT)
42 (49) 360 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
43 (43) 3DS MARIO KART 7 (NINTENDO)
44 (38) PS4 BLOODBORNE (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
45 (41) PC CITIES: SKYLINES (KOCH MEDIA)
46 (33) PC WOLFENSTEIN: THE OLD BLOOD (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
47 (42) PC EURO TRUCK SIMULATOR 2: SCANDINAVIA (RONDOMEDIA)
48 (__) PS3 ASSASSIN'S CREED: ROGUE (UBISOFT)
49 (51) 3DS MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE (NINTENDO)
50 (46) WIU SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR WII U (NINTENDO)

Top 50

PS4 - 15
3DS - 9
PC - 9
PS3 - 9
WIU - 4
360 - 3
XBO - 1

Steroyd

Yes, they need 3rd-parties as well, but going after new audiences and genres themselves helps too, like they're doing with Splatoon right now. They got a TPS, something they didn't, and should keep expanding their audience as much as they can and not remain restricted to a selected IP's and genres (most specifically Mario) like they were these last years.

If 3rd parties can't capitalise on Nintendo's expansion into the TPS genre, then all that's going to happen is that people are going to wait till Splatoon 2, and we'll be back at square one adding Splatoon into that list of "select IP's"

Moonstone

heard the same thing about France, didn't pan out

and at the very least that's not the case with launch-aligned sales, lack of Wii U updates since last August makes this impossible to answer right now though

It's 8 weeks until Gamescom - this is usually the time when we might get some numbers.

DrWong

So now that the leggy Splatoon drop off as been confirmed everywhere minus America (but it should be the same), the only question is if it will ship its first million worldwide this month. I think it will.

And wow at P-Cars US/FR comparison.

Nice to see Inazuma Eleven selling well in Spain. Now that Summer is coming and academic year is almost over, it should gain some traction.

That's a good drop for second week. So France is now at around 37k, quite similar to UK.

I imagine Germany will be around that too, these three markets are similar in size. Then add Italy, Spain and the other smaller markets and the sales are comfortably above 100k in EU, likely around 150k or so I'd wager.

Bruno MB

Mh9KZ.png

Sweden
Week 23, 2015 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (01) PS4 THE WITCHER III: WILD HUNT (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
02 (03) WIU SPLATOON (NINTENDO)
03 (10) PC THE SIMS 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (09) PC GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
05 (04) PC THE WITCHER III: WILD HUNT (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
06 (06) PS4 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
07 (07) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
08 (05) XBO THE WITCHER III: WILD HUNT (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
09 (15) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
10 (14) 360 MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
11 (18) 360 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
12 (17) PS4 BLOODBORNE (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
13 (16) PS4 BATTLEFIELD: HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
14 (12) PS3 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
15 (19) PC THE SIMS 4: GET TO WORK (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
16 (11) PS4 MORTAL KOMBAT X (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
17 (02) PS4 PROJECT CARS (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
18 (__) PS4 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
19 (__) PS4 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
20 (NE) PC HEROES OF THE STORM (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

WquyV.png

Finland:
Week 23, 2015 - All Formats (Units)

01 (01) THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT (BANDAI NAMCO GAMES)
02 (02) FARMING SIMULATOR 2015 (FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE)
03 (04) MINECRAFT (MICROSOFT / SONY CEE)
04 (05) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
05 (06) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
06 (09) LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES (WARNER INTERACTIVE)
07 (08) NHL 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
08 (03) SPLATOON (NINTENDO)
09 (10) BATTLEFIELD: HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
10 (__) LITTLEBIGPLANET 3 (SONY CEE)

YHFbe.png

Norway:
Week 23, 2015 - All Formats (Units)

mf2Bby8.png

Australia:
Week 23, 2015 - Full Price Games (All Formats)

01 (01) THE WITCHER III: WILD HUNT (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
02 (03) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
06 (06) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
04 (04) BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
05 (05) NEED FOR SPEED: RIVALS (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
06 (02) SPLATOON (NINTENDO)
07 (07) THE ORDER: 1886 (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
08 (10) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
09 (__) FORZA HORIZON 2 (MICROSOFT)
10 (09) BLOODBORNE (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

L4iEuoa.png

New Zealand:
Week 23, 2015 - Full Price Games (All Formats)

01 (01) THE WITCHER III: WILD HUNT (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
02 (02) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
03 (03) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
04 (04) BLOODBORNE (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
05 (08) THE ORDER: 1886 (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
06 (06) THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
07 (05) CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
08 (__) ASSASSIN'S CREED: UNITY (UBISOFT)
09 (09) CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
10 (07) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

BmPRT.png

Greece:
April 2015 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PC GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
02 (01) PS3 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2015 (KONAMI)
03 (08) PS3 ΝΒΑ 2Κ15 (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
04 (02) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
05 (07) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
06 (06) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
07 (NE) PS4 MORTAL KOMBAT X - SPECIAL EDITION (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
08 (03) PS3 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
09 (04) PS4 BLOODBORNE (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
10 (__) PS4 ΝΒΑ 2Κ15 (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Week 23 for France is up:

01 (01) PS4 THE WITCHER III: WILD HUNT (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
02 (NE) WIU SPLATOON (NINTENDO)
03 (02) XBO THE WITCHER III: WILD HUNT (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
04 (--) THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE (TAMRIEL UNLIMITED)
05 (05) PS4 PROJECT CARS (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)

Also UK info:

SCROLLS STROLLS TO THE TOP

15/Jun/2015
Bethesda Softworks take top spot as ‘The Elder Scrolls Online’ becomes their first chart topping title since ‘Wolfenstein: The New Order’ just over a year ago.

Although the original PC version of the title launched in April last year, the new updated versions feature a subscription free model as well as several new updates. Having launched on Tuesday ‘The Elder Scrolls Online’ is the third title to break through the 100k sales mark in its first week in 2015, delivering a bigger week 1 then ‘Battlefield Hardline’ but still behind ‘The Witcher III: Wild Hunt’, which remains the biggest debut of the year so far.
Following on from the success of the movie which also released this week Warner Bros’ ‘Lego Jurassic World’ roars into the chart at No2. With ‘The Elder Scrolls Online’ taking No1 the consecutive five week run of Bandai Namco is ended as ‘The Witcher III: Wild Hunt’ (-48%) drops down to No3. Another title making the jump to Gen 8 consoles debuts at No4 with 505 Games’ ‘Payday 2: Crimewave Edition’ for Xbox One and PS4. The original ‘Payday 2’ topped the charts back in August 2013 and the Crimewave Edition adds improved visuals and new content to the title. ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ (-34%) is not far behind but makes way for the new titles dropping down to No5. ‘FIFA 15’ (-23%) is at No6 and remains comfortably ahead of a resurgent ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’ (+11%), which climbs to No7. Wii U exclusive ‘Splatoon’ (4,948 / -44%) is down to No8 in its third week on chart although is sure to see a boost with an official hardware bundle due to launch on the platform next week. ‘Battlefield Hardline’ ( -39%) is down four places to No9 and ‘Farming Simulator 15’ (-26%) rounds off the Top 10.

Individual chart is also updated: http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Bruno MB

Splatoon actual tracked sales.

[Week 22, 2015] Splatoon (Nintendo) - 17,671 / NEW
[Week 23, 2015] Splatoon (Nintendo) - 8,836 / 26,507 (-50%)
[Week 24, 2015] Splatoon (Nintendo) - 4,948 / 31,455 (-44%)

Top Bottom