• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 26, 2017

Kolibri

Seeing this chart as a 90's gamer...

0nt9odn.gif

Hasney

It fell eleven places this week. Relative to... what exactly?

It's still charting, so relative to an entire generation of Nintendo home console games.

Will be interesting to see if it bounces back when Switches are in stock again, or if that's just for the big names of Zelda and MK8.

It does well in Europe but a lot of it's position in the charts is bundles, it is very heavily bundled.

Is it? Compared to what?

So Forza Horizon 3 is shifting software sales and hardware numbers? Even better! And I think as far as Nintendo goes, compared to where they used to be, chatting is a success.

Takat

I think Arms is more of a digital game, so I can see it dropping in charts but selling well digitally. I would have loved to own it digitally, but I wanted some chuchkies from Nintendo world store... I wish I could d/l a physical game to my switch .

I'm looking at the actual sales number for Crash and I'm genuinely in disbelief, like is this an error.

Granted its £30 but even so for a June/July launch, that is a hell of a total.

It's already outsold MK8D and it should eclipse Zelda by next week. Insane....

noobie

Banned
I'm looking at the actual sales number for Crash and I'm genuinely in disbelief, like is this an error.

So can't you drop some more hints about the actual numbers?

Ashtar

What a tease, but with numbers these good I'm sure activision will be bragging about it soon
Too bad I'm working I'd dig back through old threads to see what some launch numbers are for comparison, every time I think to make a prediction I end up increasing it lol
My guess 150-180k in week 1
Edit I was just thinking about this and it outsold Zelda botw which sold 1:1 with switch + Wii U sells, additionally launched higher than Mario kart 8 deluxe which was below
Mk 7 but I can't get the numbers on that. so it's probably closer to 200k in week 1 which is insane
Edit 2 looked at the total units sold (311k) and given that and that the overall
Market was up probably more in the 200k range

dmr87

k55TfbE.gif

m.i.s.

Banned
The Crash Bandicoot series has been a commercial success. As of 2007, the series altogether has sold over 50 million units worldwide.[114] According to Gamasutra, the first Crash Bandicoot game has sold 6.8 million units as of November 2003,[115] making it the seventh best-selling PlayStation game of all time. Cortex Strikes Back sold 3.87 million units in the U.S.,[116] while Warped sold 3.76 million.[116] The last 2 games on the PlayStation console, Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash, sold 1.9 and 1.6 million units in the U.S. respectively.[116] 'Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, which has sold 1.95 million units in the U.S.[116]

The Crash Bandicoot series is one of the few Western video game series to find blockbuster success in Japan. Cortex Strikes Back and Warped sold 1.3 and 1.4 million units in the country respectively,[117] while the PlayStation 2 version of Wrath of Cortex sold 203 thousand units.[118]

Wiki

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

This is pretty crazy to hear.

Mikey Jr.

Lol, no way.

Drencrom

Crash Bandicoot.... outselling the competition (including Mario) in 2017...

pvXCtP5.gif

CTR or Crash 4 announcement incoming this PSX

B.O.O.M

woah 0_o

Zedark

Wait, you're looking at the actual numbers, not the statement in the OP you mean? If so, is it close to surpassing Horizon lifetime sales?

bombshell

Wow.

The funny (not funny) thing is the muted description from chart-track with absolutely no details about performance.

Wait, you're looking at the actual numbers, not the statement in the OP you mean? If so, is it close to surpassing Horizon lifetime sales?

Nah, it should not be close since GI.biz wrote that it narrowly beat Horizon first week.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...the-biggest-single-format-release-of-the-year

Kaako

Felium Defensor

That is pretty damn insane if true haha. And pretty awesome for this classic trilogy.

Hasney

That is pretty damn insane if true haha. And pretty awesome for this classic trilogy.

Not really. With the Switch and it's stock issues, most relatively popular PS4 games should beat them.

Take nothing away from Crash, but Switch games aren't a good comparison yet
and might never be in the UK, who knows!

Mory Dunz

It's more like that French are superfans of all japanese. France is also second biggest manga market in the world after Japan.

Nintendo makes Japanese games? ;)

Did anyone see this coming for Crash? Unreal....

Not really. With the Switch and it's stock issues, most relatively popular PS4 games should beat them.

Take nothing away from Crash, but Switch games aren't a good comparison yet
and might never be in the UK, who knows!

...really?
ok

NotLiquid

Not all too surprising that Crash is outperforming MK8D/Zelda in what's ostensibly Sony territory, but if the numbers are really as shockingly high as is being implied then that's fantastic. I have a lot of reservations about bits and bobs of earlier Crash games but as a massive fan of Crash 3, being one of the games I grew up with, I'm really excited that people still hold his heyday with high regard. I'm still not sure where the franchise can actually go from here - Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity were both the closest the series came to do either a proper sequel or a decent reinvention despite hardly leaving much of a legacy - but if there's potential yet I'm optimistic for the future.

noobie

Banned
What a tease, but with numbers these good I'm sure activision will be bragging about it soon
Too bad I'm working I'd dig back through old threads to see what some launch numbers are for comparison, every time I think to make a prediction I end up increasing it lol
My guess 150-180k in week 1
Edit I was just thinking about this and it outsold Zelda botw which sold 1:1 with switch + Wii U sells, additionally launched higher than Mario kart 8 deluxe which was below
Mk 7 but I can't get the numbers on that. so it's probably closer to 200k in week 1 which is insane
Edit 2 looked at the total units sold (311k) and given that and that the overall
Market was up probably more in the 200k range
If I remember correctly the first week sales of HZD was 120-130k and crash has narrowly beaten HZD. So I m not expecting it above 140k

Oh. That is surprising.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Dang Crash, why you so popular all of a sudden.

I felt like I was all alone in loving those games on this board.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...s-no-1-in-a-week-without-a-single-new-release

Crash Bandicoot N.sane Trilogy is still No.1 in the UK boxed charts despite a 78% fall in sales.

That drop is not unusual during a second week for a big core game release (it's similar to the drop in sales witnessed for Uncharted 4 last year, for instance), although it's a little unusual for a game that would typically be targeted at a kids or family audience. Of course, Crash will have had a strong appeal to nostalgic gamers brought up on these titles during the 1990s.

[...]

GTA V continues to maintain its position high in the charts, and is currently back at No.2 despite a 17% drop in sales. Overwatch, meanwhile, jumps three places to No.3 with a 17% increase in units sold. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare makes a belated return to the Top Ten for the first time in two months at No.8, which means there are three games in the Top Ten for Activision Blizzard.

[...]

Last week's other nostalgic release, Micro Machines: World Series, dropped 54% in sales and manages fifth place in the charts.

Meanwhile, some price activity from Square Enix has seen Hitman: The Complete First Season rise to No.16 with a 342% increase in sales, while Deus Ex: Mankind Divide makes No.27 with a 143% sales rise. The latter title is now available for under £10.

Top Bottom