• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 40, 2015

Alo0oy

Banned
Actually a lot of the games aimed at children have done slightly better on the XO than PS4, I think probably due to a brand loyalty hold over from those children's first console's being the 360, meaning when this gen rolled around they simply wanted a new Xbox regardless of any other factors.

"Kids games" isn't really a genre, they sell differently depending on the type of game it is, Lego seems to appeal to PS kids while Skylanders appeals more to XB kids, don't ask me why because I haven't played either. A blanket "kids games" doesn't really tell you anything.

The Wii U is where they consistently do better regardless of genre.

"Kids games" isn't really a genre, they sell differently depending on the type of game it is, Lego seems to appeal to PS kids while Skylanders appeals more to XB kids, don't ask me why because I haven't played either. A blanket "kids games" doesn't really tell you anything.

The Wii U is where they consistently do better regardless of genre.

Lego often actually seems to either sell slightly better on XO, or closer than it should with the install base gap, as does Minecraft quite often, and the strangely popular with the youth farming simulator.

So not necessarily games aimed specifically at children, just a pattern I've noticed with games that for whatever reason appeal to them.

Of course this is wholey off my memory, and could just be down to the weeks with outliers in noal sales trends. Please be my guest to correct me if so. I'm really just spitballing here.

Of course not all sales are bundles, but it does follow a similar pattern of bundled games so far like Driveclub. There's nothing to back up reasons for anything selling or even how much, just looking at bundled games that perform similar.

Forza has a LE bundle which I suspect given its premium pricing isn't pushing it that much outside of possibly of week 1.

It has no other bundles and as far as I can see retailers aren't doing it much either. It's a good hold and doing what forza usually does by sticking around.

Alo0oy

Banned
Lego often actually seems to either sell slightly better on XO, or closer than it should with the install base gap, as does Minecraft quite often, and the strangely popular with the youth farming simulator.

So not necessarily games aimed specifically at children, just a pattern I've noticed with games that for whatever reason appeal to them.

Of course this is wholey off my memory, and could just be down to the weeks with outliers in noal sales trends. Please be my guest to correct me if so. I'm really just spitballing here.

You're remembering wrong, Lego The Hobbit:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=801621

Jurassic World:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1068380

The Lego movie game:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=770357

Lego Batman:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=934363

Hasney

Forza has a LE bundle which I suspect given its premium pricing isn't pushing it that much outside of possibly of week 1.

It has no other bundles and as far as I can see retailers aren't doing it much either. It's a good hold and doing what forza usually does by sticking around.

It's being thrown in with FIFA 16 bundles at Tesco, Argos and Game.

Hasney

I was surprised by how many times I saw the Uncharted Collection advertised over the weekend, especially during the football. Bundles should give it some holiday legs too.

Alo0oy

Banned
I was surprised by how many times I saw the Uncharted Collection advertised over the weekend, especially during the football. Bundles should give it some holiday legs too.

It will probably Sony's best selling exclusive this year, and second or third overall pending Tomb Raider.

Bruno MB

The Last Of Us Remastered sold around 70,000 units in its debut, I wonder if Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection will be in the same ballpark, or even higher.

Anyway, we most likely won't know how it will do unless it debuts on top of Fifa 16.

The Last Of Us Remastered sold around 70,000 units in its debut, I wonder if Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection will be in the same ballpark, or even higher.

Anyway, we most likely won't know how it will do unless it debuts on top of Fifa 16.

Given the difference in ps4 install base between then and now I'd have expected it to go higher? Uncharted is big for them, there is a good advertising campaign going on (saw a few ads over the weekend on tv at least) and its part of the £299 ps4 promotion I think it'll do better

Ryng_tolu

Banned
[WEEK 39] ITALY

Top 10 console
01. FIFA 16 (EA Sports, PS4)
02. FIFA 16 (EA Sports, PS3)
03. FIFA 16 (EA Sports, Xbox 360)
04. FIFA 16 (EA Sports, Xbox One)
05. FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition (EA Sports, PS4)
06. Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 D1 (Konami, PS3)
07. FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition (EA Sports, PS3)
08. Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 D1 (Konami, PS4)
09. Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 (Konami, Xbox One)
10. Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 D1 (Konami, Xbox 360)

Top 10 PC
01. FIFA 16 (EA Sports)
02. Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 D1 (Konami)
03. The Sims 4 (EA)
04. The Sims 4 Limited Edition (EA)
05. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
06. Football Manager 2015 (SEGA)
07. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Activision)
08. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Konami)
09. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (Blizzard)
10. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)

Hasney

Given the difference in ps4 install base between then and now I'd have expected it to go higher? Uncharted is big for them, there is a good advertising campaign going on (saw a few ads over the weekend on tv at least) and its part of the £299 ps4 promotion I think it'll do better

Yeah, the pre-order for the console with Uncharted is £300 already and that's at the ever-expensive Game. They should do well.

Kysen

Italy week 39

Top 10 console
07. FIFA 15 Deluxe Edition (EA Sports, PS3)

Too funny, almost hive mind like.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Too funny, almost hive mind like.

LOL, wanna know what was the Italy sales one year ago?

WEEK 39 2014 italy

01. FIFA 15 (PS4, EA)
02. FIFA 15 (PS3, EA)
03. FIFA 15 (Xbox 360, EA)
04. FIFA 15 (Xbox One, EA)
05. FIFA 15: Ultimate Team Edition (PS4, EA)
06. FIFA 15: Ultimate Team Edition (PS3, EA)
07. FIFA 15: Ultimate Team Edition (Xbox One, EA)
08. FIFA 15: Ultimate Team Edition (Xbox 360, EA)
09. FIFA 15 (Wii, EA)
10. FIFA 15 (PS Vita, EA)

At least this time is not FIFA only... lmao. xD

Alo0oy

Banned

I think the combination of 4 years since the last Uncharted + bundle + three games instead of one + Q4 launch would make it sell significantly better.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
LOL, wanna know what was the Italy sales one year ago?

WEEK 39 2014 italy

01. FIFA 15 (PS4, EA)
02. FIFA 15 (PS3, EA)
03. FIFA 15 (Xbox 360, EA)
04. FIFA 15 (Xbox One, EA)
05. FIFA 15: Ultimate Team Edition (PS4, EA)
06. FIFA 15: Ultimate Team Edition (PS3, EA)
07. FIFA 15: Ultimate Team Edition (Xbox One, EA)
08. FIFA 15: Ultimate Team Edition (Xbox 360, EA)
09. FIFA 15 (Wii, EA)
10. FIFA 15 (PS Vita, EA)

At least this time is not FIFA only... lmao. xD

Incredible!

[WEEK 39] ITALY

Top 10 console
07. FIFA 15 Deluxe Edition (EA Sports, PS3)

LOL. Football! All the football!! xD

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Am i the only damn italian who don't like football!? D:

150720_822019461177247_3187750877114651372_n.jpg

I wasn't expecting much from it: the main series is way less popular in the West, this is the weakest PAL market for Nintendo, the game is a spinoff, it requires you to purchase NFC accessory cards separately to be fully enjoyed, and so on...I didn't expect it to chart this high in the UK chart. I'm expecting it to chart in the France top 5, on the other hand, let's see if this will happen or not

AC:NL's last shipment figure was 9.17m worldwide. Assuming the game sold aroud 5m in Japan, 4.17m in the West is not way less.

Bruno MB

(90%)

[Week 42, 2009] UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 84,354 / NEW

[Week 44, 2011] UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 115,565 / NEW

Chris1

Time to axe that 360 MS, Britain isn't dropping it like america, keep it alive everywhere else but the UK.

Lego Jurassic World's best selling platform was the 360 in its debut NPD too, Dimensions probably will be as well.... So I wouldn't say America dropped the 360 either. Just seems like kids are hanging onto their 360 while the older people have moved on.

Lego Jurassic World's best selling platform was the 360 in its debut NPD too, Dimensions probably will be as well.... So I wouldn't say America dropped the 360 either. Just seems like kids are hanging onto their 360 while the older people have moved on.

You're example doesn't prove anything, the UK charts seem to fromwhat I'm seeing have 360 games topping charts much more often, and it seems the 360 is still taking XO sales, while the 360 is merely just there in America.

I could be wrong but I don't think the 360 is as dead there as in America. (relative to population of course)

Chris1

You're example doesn't prove anything, the UK charts seem to fromwhat I'm seeing have 360 games topping charts much more often, and it seems the 360 is still taking XO sales, while the 360 is merely just there in America.

I could be wrong but I don't think the 360 is as dead there as in America. (relative to population of course)
Yeah it's definitely more alive in UK, but I wouldn't say it's dead (at least not dead enough to axe it) in America.

Minecraft most months, Lego Jurassic debut month, CoD AW debut month were all best selling on 360 as per NPD. I think calling for an axe in America when it's still the platform of choice for a large portion of gamers and is outselling both next gen consoles on some of the biggest games is a bit premature.

Also something to take into consideration is NPD doesn't list individual platforms, only the order it sold in which doesn't really say much. Talking from my ass here with nothing to back it up, but I think if NPD was to rank by individual platforms and list the top 40 the 360 would look more alive than it currently does in America.

Mory Dunz

Wii U Skylanders came in 2nd of the 5 platforms (behind 360), but came in dead last for Lego. Is it usually weaker on Lego, or did that whole Bowser DK thing just push the skylanders numbers.

noobie

Banned
(90%)

[Week 42, 2009] UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 84,354 / NEW

[Week 44, 2011] UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 115,565 / NEW
So 50k FW for Uncharted Collection will be a good result?

Do we have results from earlier collection like Gears of War Collection and Last of Us remaster? and God Of War Collection on PS3 along with the original games first week..

Guymelef

‘Lego Dimensions’ debut sees it comfortably surpass week 1 sales of both ‘Disney Infinity 3.0’ & ‘Skylanders Superchargers’

It's funny to see how Warner Spain has not released the game here...

Top Bottom