• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palestinians: No Place for Gays

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdforge

Banned
So he did a great job and his reward is a "Fuck you for not being ideologically pure"

No he did a great job and was paid and tipped for the service he provided.

But I don’t wish to continue to support his business knowing of his dislike for gay people. But for his sake, hopefully he can attract plenty of other homophobic customers and remain in business.

Last edited:

Spheyr

Banned
No he did a great job and was paid and tipped for the service he provided.

But I don’t wish to continue to support his business knowing of his dislike for gay. But for his sake, hopefully he can attract plenty of other homophobic customers and remain in business.
Why does his opinion on anything, literally anything at all, outweigh the fact that he does great haircuts?

Are you going for a haircut or a circlejerk?

Cato

Banned
So he did a great job and his reward is a "Fuck you for not being ideologically pure"

Well, that is how it is supposed to work. If the market does not appreciate his service then they go somewhere else and he goes bankrupt.

The only alternative would be for the state to FORCE the customer and the barber to commence their transaction. That would be tyranny and not unlike the state FORCING a baker and a customer to buy a cake in a transaction that neither of them want.

Last edited:

Spheyr

Banned
Well, that is how it is supposed to work. If the market does not appreciate his service then they go somewhere else and he goes bankrupt.

The only alternative would be for the state to FORCE the customer and the barber to commence their transaction. That would be tyranny.
But his service is great. He said he got a great haircut.

The rest of your post is so stupid I'm not even going to address it.

jdforge

Banned
Why does his opinion on anything, literally anything at all, outweigh the fact that he does great haircuts?

That’s borderline offensive mate. Keep your arguments in check or I’ll just not bother discussing this with you further.

I explained that as soon as the barber made it known to me that he was lonely in my city and wasn’t making friends, and turned down the friendship of a person simply because that person was gay - I decided that this barber whether or not he can cut hair well or otherwise was not for me.

The barber gets to decide who he can be friends with based on his like or dislike of a persons sexual preference - so I too by the same prinicple also get to decide who I want to pay to cut my hair based on if that person is a homophobe.

Last edited:

Relativ9

Yeah the thing with deciding who to side with, in the the Isreal vs Palastine conflict has always seemed really simple to me. On 5 different occasions, Isreal has offered a two-state solution, in one offer they even proposed giving Palestine the majority of the landmass, but the Palestinians didn't accept it because they wanted all of it. I mean sure Isreal is committing human rights atrocities and playing by the Ender's Game rules of warfare, but their end goal is not to exterminate the Palestinian population. Can't say the same about the other side (generalizing to make a point, I know not every Palestinian want to "push the Zionists into the sea").

Bryank75

Banned
Yeah that's really what I'm saying. /s

Of course not. Don't be purposely thick. Also why is it Islam's fault when a maniac has a rampage but all other religions are off the hook when someone from their sect does something under their fealty to God (Manifest Destiny, nearly all wars, etc etc). You seriously think nearly 2 billion people operate as such? My own Muslim family has even touched a fly their whole life.

Also to note, you sound like every other immigrant hater that has ever lived and will ever live. You're are biased and frankly, judge based on race, making you a racist.
I really don’t , my last neighbor was Iranian and I have a friends from Syria and other parts of the Middle East. The problem is mass immigration helps nobody in the long run. It’s only suitable for small amounts of people who are willing to do things legally and integrate into the place they want to live. Integrate does not mean take over.... and there is a lot of evidence to show this is the mindset of a sizable group of Muslims now living in the west.

Also Islam is not a race... so accusing me of racism is illogical. There is a Swedish guy living near me who is Muslim too.

Helping people have better lives in their own country is a far better approach, unfortunately Hillary and the last government spent a lot of their time destabilizing the Middle East further.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
This is so asinine it hurts my brain. What's up with 'western culture'? You mean how an entire race of people were decimated from a continent, initiating 2 world wars, imperialization of the known world, and to top it off, responsible for dropping two atom bombs on a society? Those are just highlights. Oh but God no, Muslims cannot be integrated. So short sighted.

What are you talking about here? Western civilization has been the shining star of humanity since the fucking Greeks. It hasn't always been perfect, but no other culture has pushed humanity towards freedom and equality like western civilization has.

Why do you think so many people risk their life to come here for a better life, yourself included?

Last edited:

Dunki

Yeah that's really what I'm saying. /s

Of course not. Don't be purposely thick. Also why is it Islam's fault when a maniac has a rampage but all other religions are off the hook when someone from their sect does something under their fealty to God (Manifest Destiny, nearly all wars, etc etc). You seriously think nearly 2 billion people operate as such? My own Muslim family has even touched a fly their whole life.

Also to note, you sound like every other immigrant hater that has ever lived and will ever live. You're are biased and frankly, judge based on race, making you a racist.
Maybe it is also the fact that Mohammed in real life was also a warmonger who eradicated cities. So when you try to teach from a person who also had a very very dark side you can not expect people to be openly friendly when the radical Islam tries to go back to these kind of days.

All they want Jerusalem for is to end the World. this is their prophecy. how about Muslims in general start to fight back and take the ISLAM back Instead we have a vast majority of Muslims advocating for the sharia as law of the land, that homosexuality, sex before marriage etc is forbidden and needs to be punished with the Death (Sharia) and so on. Islam currently is on the level Christianity was in the middle ages.

cryptoadam

Banned
How does this justify what Israel is doing to Palestinians?
"Oh, they are barbarians, so it should be ok to consider Palestine to be part of Israel and 'colonize' West Bank with settlements", hm?

How does what Palestinans have been doing to Israel be justified. I don't think my article justifies anything.

But it shines a light onto things like Queers for Palestine or how the dyke march kicks out someone for having a rainbow star of david flag.

You have LGTBQ groups that ostresize anyone who is even neutral on the issue or slightly pro-israel (not pro-bibi/settlments either) while meanwhile 3% of the Israel population comes out at a gay pride parade and OTOH Palestinians are freaking out over a joke kiss.

I bet you won't hear the media, or LGTBQ groups talk much about either events. And if someone had an Israeli flag at one of those events they would probably be asked to leave, while Palestinians flags would be proudly flown.

cryptoadam

Banned
If some of you read the article:

"Meanwhile, the Palestinian Authority has launched an investigation of its own into the television show, also deeming it "harmful to our people and their values."

So ya its not just religious Hamas.

I agree that relegion plays a role, but the supposed secular PA was even offended by this and says a joke gay kiss is harmful to their people and values.

The secular moderate and the relegious Hamas both are anti-gay. And this was mainly spurred on by the population that was so offended by this clip that THEY went to complain to Hamas/PA about it. So its actually a ground up movement rather than coming from the top which makes it even scarier if you think about it.

It would be like if the USA population forced Trump to open an investigation and say Will and Grace is against American values.

BANGS

Banned
That’s borderline offensive mate. Keep your arguments in check or I’ll just not bother discussing this with you further.

I explained that as soon as the barber made it known to me that he was lonely in my city and wasn’t making friends, and turned down the friendship of a person simply because that person was gay - I decided that this barber whether or not he can cut hair well or otherwise was not for me.

The barber gets to decide who he can be friends with based on his like or dislike of a persons sexual preference - so I too by the same prinicple also get to decide who I want to pay to cut my hair based on if that person is a homophobe.
So... you're a homophobaphobe?

Spheyr

Banned

You're not going to the barber to make friends and be social. He's making a social choice to not be friends with gays. If you're not there to be his friend, you're there to be his business client, what does it matter what his social views are?

rokkerkory

It's his money and his hair. Why do you care how he spends his money. It's not like he is hurting anyone.

rokkerkory

What would your opinion be of someone who refused to spend their money at say a shop owned by *insert minority group here*?
He's hurting the barber, and culture in general. We need to stop being such a bunch of virtue signaling pricks...

At the end of the day it's his money and his hair. He should decide where he spends his money. Do you guys refute that? Should we tell you how and where to spend your money?

Gander

Banned
I guess what we are getting is the LGBTQ want the rights of a race. Are they a race of people all their own? Two Asian people make another Asian person when they reproduce. Two gay people make?

Spheyr

Banned
At the end of the day it's his money and his hair. He should decide where he spends his money. Do you guys refute that? Should we tell you how and where to spend your money?
Of course it's his right, just as it's my right to tell him he's stupid for caring what someone who provides good service thinks about something that has nothing to do with the service being provided.

I don't avoid going into stores just because they employ rainbow haired freaks who probably post to Tumblr all day about how much they hate Trump if the store sells something I want at a good price.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/12496/palestinians-gays

Interesting contrast here. No article to link but Israel just had its pride festival with something like 250 000 people attending (the country only has 8 million people, that is like 9 Million Americans). While Palestinians cant even accept a candid camera gay joke.

Leftist won't care though, they have no problem "intersecting" with dictators/islamist and other gay bashers.
Israeli is obviously a more progressive society than Palestine.

That doesn't excuse their slaughter of Palestinians.

rokkerkory

Of course it's his right, just as it's my right to tell him he's stupid for caring what someone who provides good service thinks about something that has nothing to do with the service being provided.

I don't avoid going into stores just because they employ rainbow haired freaks who probably post to Tumblr all day about how much they hate Trump if the store sells something I want at a good price.

Wow man haha you sound like an angry guy.

jdforge

Banned
He's hurting the barber, and culture in general. We need to stop being such a bunch of virtue signaling pricks...

I’m hurting no-one. By not spending my money with that barber in the future what I am doing is taking a stand against someone who is openly homophobic, a bigot and thought it appropriate to discuss his dislike of homosexuals with paying clients. I could have easily been a gay man in for a haircut having to listen to that - no thanks.

I don’t think anyone should bank roll that kind of person who speaks poorly of anyone purely based on their sexual orientation. Refusing to be friends with someone just because they are gay is not ok.

Refusing to go to that barber in the future because he is a homophobic bigot is absolutely ok.

Don't act like you care about LGBTQ rights.

And the easiest response to the rest of this thread: just wait another 30 years. This has nothing to do with religion. It's about social progression. America just only recently started accepting gays in the last 40 years. Don't turn around and act all high and mighty as if America + Christianity had been accepting of differing sexualities throughout history. This is like gloating about being in 1st place.

In 30 years I can guarantee you we won’t have a silent generation of useless elders. We’re going to go out kicking and screaming for the sake of our children’s children. The utopia you’re hoping for is going to be a shithole and it’ll be sooner than 30 years from now. Reality TV turned reality.

Last edited:

llien

I bet you won't hear the media, or LGTBQ groups talk much about either events.
True, but mostly because what's already known is not news.

You have LGTBQ groups that ostresize anyone who is even neutral on the issue or slightly pro-israel (not pro-bibi/settlments either) while meanwhile 3% of the Israel population comes out at a gay pride parade and OTOH Palestinians are freaking out over a joke kiss.
But not mixing two different issues into one, makes their position more, not less, respectable.

luigimario

Banned
Go try to hold a Pride event there and you'll see why.

Yeah like Russia, like Christian Africa and the Chrisitan South America and the Christian Middle East and Asia. All this thread is for is to some how justify the killing of countless palestinians by the Isreali forces cos "Isreal allows gay pride marches". But if you actually look at the polling of the ultra orthodox jewish community in Isreal, they are against it too. This is no excuse for the violence done by Isreal in the past few weeks and the gleeful joy in which IDF soldiers kill unarmed civilians and children. Nice try though.

Dunki

Don't act like you care about LGBTQ rights.

And the easiest response to the rest of this thread: just wait another 30 years. This has nothing to do with religion. It's about social progression. America just only recently started accepting gays in the last 40 years. Don't turn around and act all high and mighty as if America + Christianity had been accepting of differing sexualities throughout history. This is like gloating about being in 1st place.
This is factually wrong. There was a lot of progression in the 60/70 in Isreal, Iran, Egypt etc. but it drastically went into the total opposite direction.

This was Iran 1970
shah-iran-tehran-students-copy.jpg

As one example. And it does not seem to change in a more progressive direction. the only country were I actually can see small changes is Saudi Arabia because of the new leader there.

This is no excuse for the violence done by Isreal in the past few weeks and the gleeful joy in which IDF soldiers kill unarmed civilians and children. Nice try though.

The hundreds of cases where a seemingly unarmed Palestinian (including children) detonated a bomb hidden under their clothes are a pretty good excuse.

cryptoadam

Banned
True, but mostly because what's already known is not news.

But not mixing two different issues into one, makes their position more, not less, respectable.

Don't follow you? So its respectable that they support the side that is bigoted and homophopic while shunning the side that is accepting, which makes them respectable? It more makes them hypocrites IMO.

It would be like if BLM march rejected NAACP members because the KKK people at the march were offended.

llien

So its respectable that they support the side that is bigoted and homophopic while shunning the side that is accepting, which makes them respectable?

The same side can be both: homophobic and oppressed.
Going the "oh, they are homophobic, so let's stop admitting they are oppressed" route is rather immoral.

cryptoadam

Banned
The same side can be both: homophobic and oppressed.
Going the "oh, they are homophobic, so let's stop admitting they are oppressed" route is rather immoral.

Yes gays are oppressed by Hamas and the PA. So basically these groups that fight for Gay rights will side with the side that oppresses and opposes gay rights while shunning the side that is progressive and gives gays more rights and freedoms.

Shows the moral banckrupty of the left and intersectionality and its hypocrisy IMO. Just play the O card and no matter what horrible things you do you will be welcomed in with open arms.

luigimario

Banned
Don't follow you? So its respectable that they support the side that is bigoted and homophopic while shunning the side that is accepting, which makes them respectable? It more makes them hypocrites IMO.

It would be like if BLM march rejected NAACP members because the KKK people at the march were offended.

Hmmm, so you support the nation that has a bigotry against people of different skin colours instead? Look at the way african migrants and somali/sudanese jews are treated in Israel before you start talking about which people are bigoted. Plus you still get a shit tonne of homophobia in Israel. Plus the palestinians have been bombed, killed and tortured for decades now, in the thousands. They live in an open air prison. It's not surprising that you will find backwards views there. I mean America has only recently started to accept homosexuality. What is Israel's excuse? Its practically a first world country with third world views? Why is Israel so bigoted?

cryptoadam

Banned
Hmmm, so you support the nation that has a bigotry against people of different skin colours instead? Look at the way african migrants and somali/sudanese jews are treated in Israel before you start talking about which people are bigoted. Plus you still get a shit tonne of homophobia in Israel. Plus the palestinians have been bombed, killed and tortured for decades now, in the thousands. They live in an open air prison. It's not surprising that you will find backwards views there. I mean America has only recently started to accept homosexuality. What is Israel's excuse? Its practically a first world country with third world views? Why is Israel so bigoted?

So name me one perfect group of people in the world, if you don't think Palestinians are bigoted too then you are in for a surprise. How many Africans/blacks are there in Palestine ? I don't expect every Israeli to be a saint they are humans but overall their society is more progressive and accepting. Israel also brought 100000's of ehtopians at great expense to their country, half of the country is made up of Jews from Arab lands like you said. There views are hardly 3rd world, and you will find much more racism in countries like the USA and in Europe.

Israeli's have suffered for 70 years and fought mulitple wars as well. But nice way to excuse Palestinians bigotry towards gay's but at least you admit their views are backwards.

But its a nice deflection from the point. LGTBQ community would rather side with the group the oppress their freedoms and finds something as benging as a gay kiss offensive as opposed to those who champion gay rights and hold parades where 3% of their population shows up in support. Like I said its as if BLM would kick out the NAACP to placate the KKK.

And open air prison LOL. You mean because of Hamas and their thousands of rockets and tunnels? Or because of Abbas and his siege on Gaza which even today he REFUSES to lift? Or because of Egypt keepings its borders closed? Or did you mean in Lebanon?

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Le...decry-e-gates-at-ain-al-hilweh-entrances.ashx

Last edited:

Composer

This is factually wrong. There was a lot of progression in the 60/70 in Isreal, Iran, Egypt etc. but it drastically went into the total opposite direction.

This was Iran 1970
shah-iran-tehran-students-copy.jpg

As one example. And it does not seem to change in a more progressive direction. the only country were I actually can see small changes is Saudi Arabia because of the new leader there.
Thanks for making my point for me. According to what you just said it's clear the problems in the Middle East isn't religion, its sociopolitical.

And further more to address what you were responding, social progress isn't always a straight linear line. It's got peaks and valleys like any thing that's occurring anthropologically. Yes it will get better. The same leaks and valleys have occurred in every society before and after today.

luigimario

Banned
So name me one perfect group of people in the world, if you don't think Palestinians are bigoted too then you are in for a surprise. How many Africans/blacks are there in Palestine ? I don't expect every Israeli to be a saint they are humans but overall their society is more progressive and accepting. Israel also brought 100000's of ehtopians at great expense to their country, half of the country is made up of Jews from Arab lands like you said. There views are hardly 3rd world, and you will find much more racism in countries like the USA and in Europe.

Israeli's have suffered for 70 years and fought mulitple wars as well. But nice way to excuse Palestinians bigotry towards gay's but at least you admit their views are backwards.

But its a nice deflection from the point. LGTBQ community would rather side with the group the oppress their freedoms and finds something as benging as a gay kiss offensive as opposed to those who champion gay rights and hold parades where 3% of their population shows up in support. Like I said its as if BLM would kick out the NAACP to placate the KKK.

And open air prison LOL. You mean because of Hamas and their thousands of rockets and tunnels? Or because of Abbas and his siege on Gaza which even today he REFUSES to lift? Or because of Egypt keepings its borders closed? Or did you mean in Lebanon?

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Le...decry-e-gates-at-ain-al-hilweh-entrances.ashx

Name me one perfect group of people? That's exactly my point. I'm not surprised Palestinians will have some views from the 1950s, since they have been bombed back to the stone age practically every year and their children killed with gleeful joy by IDF soldiers pretty much daily. If you were in the same situation, you would have backwards views too.

How many blacks/africans are there in palestine? Why would a refugee go to palestine? All they would get is their children murdered by isreali snipers, their homes bombed isreali bombs and then called terrorists post death by isreali shills....

llien

Yes gays are oppressed by Hamas and the PA. So basically these groups that fight for Gay rights will side with the side that oppresses and opposes gay rights...

Being colonized = being oppressed. You don't stop being colonized, when you start oppressing homosexual men.

cryptoadam

Banned
Name me one perfect group of people? That's exactly my point. I'm not surprised Palestinians will have some views from the 1950s, since they have been bombed back to the stone age practically every year and their children killed with gleeful joy by IDF soldiers pretty much daily. If you were in the same situation, you would have backwards views too.

How many blacks/africans are there in palestine? Why would a refugee go to palestine? All they would get is their children murdered by isreali snipers, their homes bombed isreali bombs and then called terrorists post death by isreali shills....

Jews suffered 100's of years of pogroms and oppression leading to the mass murder of 6 million of them so how many years of being backwards savages does that buy them?

cryptoadam

Banned
Being colonized = being oppressed. You don't stop being colonized, when you start oppressing homosexual men.

This doesn't help the argument, you just keep playing the victim card.

If you fight for gay rights why would you side with the side that oppresses and opposes gay rights?

Because inersectionality has bankrupted the left.

NickFire

LOL. I'm sorry, but the suggestion that people don't migrate to palestine because of Israeli snipers (or anything to do with Israel) is one of the most ridiculous arguments I have ever heard. In a debate over cash benefits being withdrawn in Disney and Vegas, I once read a Massachusetts legislator claim the state cannot stop giving cash welfare benefits because single mom's wouldn't be able to afford lipstick for job interviews. Claiming Israeli snipers keep migrants from moving to palestine somehow topped that.

luigimario

Banned
LOL. I'm sorry, but the suggestion that people don't migrate to palestine because of Israeli snipers (or anything to do with Israel) is one of the most ridiculous arguments I have ever heard. In a debate over cash benefits being withdrawn in Disney and Vegas, I once read a Massachusetts legislator claim the state cannot stop giving cash welfare benefits because single mom's wouldn't be able to afford lipstick for job interviews. Claiming Israeli snipers keep migrants from moving to palestine somehow topped that.

Erm.... if you read my post carefully, what I'm asking is what benefit would a refugee have to flee his war torn country to go to palestine? To get bombed by isreal or have his children killed by isreali snipers? How is that an improvement? I tried to make it as clear as possible this time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom