• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pandora's Tower releasing on Wii U eShop in NA tomorrow.

Sterok

Was worried it wouldn't come to America due to Xseed publishing it. Happy to see I'll have a chance to try it out.

Hero

I really had a lot of fun with this game. It's basically a PS2 Castlevania game. Definitely a solid B type game

SuomiDude

The game is much better with Wiimote and nunchuck, but if you don't have that, the game still somewhat works with the inferior control method. But this game really benefits from having pointer controls.

The game is pretty good, but the time limit can become quite exhausting, meaning you have to play the same towers over and over without having the freedom of exploring at your own pace.

See I want to buy this game but being that Nintendo Network isn't like steam and saves games to an account I don't know if I should since I like to sell my platforms to fund news ones (sell Wii U a few weeks before I buy the NX).

TheMoon

See I want to buy this game but being that Nintendo Network isn't like steam and saves games to an account I don't know if I should since I like to sell my platforms to fund news ones (sell Wii U a few weeks before I buy the NX).

Jesus, this again. All purchases are tied to your NNID. All of them.

brinstar

We don't even know what the NX is or if it has backwards compatibility or what. If you're buying digital titles under the impression they'll be supported on future platforms you may as well stop now because that's never guaranteed.

Kouriozan

Yummy, that delicious, delicious heart.

Nice, might bite.

elena.jpg

Kodaman

OK nice. Played like 2 hours on the wii and stopped. Might finish it on the gamepad.

I guess we have to deal with no first week discount. Better than nothing I guess.

Cleve

Glad to see the gamepad will work for this, still I can't help but feel nintendo could really be cranking these out at a better pace given how Wii bc works.

This is a first party release that XSEED published, just like The Last Story, Cubivore, Polarium Advance, etc.

It's not really a first party game though is it. Ganbarion aren't in any way affiliated with Nintendo, they just published it in some regions.
Bayonetta 1 didn't become a first party Nintendo game just because Nintendo chose to publish the Wii U version of it.

TheMoon

It's not really a first party game though is it. Ganbarion aren't in any way affiliated with Nintendo, they just published it in some regions.
Bayonetta 1 didn't become a first party Nintendo game just because Nintendo chose to publish the Wii U version of it.

Pandora's Tower is a first party release since Nintendo not just published but also funded and co-developed it via their typical Nintendo SPD cooperation. Just like they do with MonolithSoft or Retro Studios or Next Level Games or Intelligent Systems, the former two of which they do own and the latter of which they don't own.

Pejo

I'll buy it, it was the only one of the Operation Rainfall games I didn't end up getting. Won't be able to play it for a while yet though.

I'm playing this right now actually. Play with the wiimote and nunchuk, guys.

I think Nintendo does own the IP, at least partially. Same with The Last Story. It's not as clear-cut as Xenoblade, but I think they do have some ownership.

Briarios

I thought I remembered this having a mediocre reception when it was released. A lot of love in this thread, though. I may have to pick it up.

Scrawnton

I never played this on Wii. It's the only major Wii game I never played. Definitely gonna pick this up and play it on the gamepad.

Ridley327

Pandora's Tower is a first party release since Nintendo not just published but also funded and co-developed it via their typical Nintendo SPD cooperation. Just like they do with MonolithSoft or Retro Studios or Next Level Games or Intelligent Systems, the former two of which they do own and the latter of which they don't own.

Not to mention that Nintendo is already one of Ganbarion's most frequent clients, and they recently helped to co-develop Wii Fit U.

Tanston

I love metroidvanias but dislike motion controls and wii pointers. What's the verdict for me jump in or save the cash?

BTA

Oh, that's good news. I'm still fairly on in my Wii copy (I played a few hours in when I got it years ago and decided to finish it a few months back, so I restarted and... am still only that far again due to other things getting in the way) and will be playing through that this week, but I really like what I've played of it so far so I'm happy people can get it more easily now.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I own this game physically and I think it's stupid they didn't do a $9.99 sale. We pay a good portion of money on games and this series especially. Anyone who wanted it or knew about it about it, bought it. I'm not trying to be cheap. I buy a lot of games on their VC (for the lack of what they actually put on there) and I've bought some games again for my Wii U. I think Nintendo should at least try to think of our pocket books. Sure I'd like to have this digitally, but I already own it. I guess I'm not making a whole lot of sense and I can just use my physical disc. I would have liked to had played this this way. Heck I rebought Metroid Trilogy and Mario Galaxy 2 and I still own the Trilogy. If Nintendo would have made this $9.99 then I would have considered buying it. Nope, they went a head with the full $19.99.

Top Bottom