• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

paper Mario port to DS in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunahan

Banned
I was pretty excited until I heard the word "port."

I just rebought this game on the virtual console like 4 months ago. Too soon to replay it.

Should be good for peeps who never got around to it, though.

Kinda disapointing considering how little Nintendo seems to be contributing from a first party perspective to the DS these days, though. I hope this isn't the start of a trend where they just start rolling out the N64 games.

Oh well.

HWTA

WHAT
WHAT

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

PLEASE BE TRUE HOLY FUCKING SHIT

OH MY GOOOD ALL OVERM Y FUCKING MONITOR HOLY FUCKING SHIT YES

BEST. MARIO RPG. EVER.

I seriously replayed this like 7 times, I've always wanted a portable version, holy fucking shit. YES.

DAY .5

I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't ported more N64 games onto DS. Super Mario 64 DS at DS' launch gave me the impression that they would.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
jj984jj said:
grandjedi6 said:
grandjedi6 said:
...........port??
grandjedi6 said:
foto_riohaina.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jonnyram said:
Well, at least it's guaranteed not to suck then.
That's the only one I haven't played yet too, so WIN!
Me either, started with GCN PM, but it's just $10 on VC.

ethelred

grandjedi6 said:
Yeah wait a minute, How does Nintendo expect anyone to by this port with the game on VC for only $10?

I own the game in cart form, and I own it on the Virtual Console already. I really have absolutely no desire to buy this game a third time, so if it really is just a port, I'm out.

That's really disappointing and lazy of Intelligent Systems, assuming this info is accurate.

ethelred said:
I own the game in cart form, and I own it on the Virtual Console already. I really have absolutely no desire to buy this game a third time, so if it really is just a port, I'm out.

I am so IN, and out, and IN, and OUT, AND IN

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
ethelred said:

That's really disappointing and lazy of Intelligent Systems, assuming this info is accurate.

There has to be something more to this. Nintendo seriously can't think they can get away with just a simple port?

Ashhong

i dont get it, why do you guys not like that its a port? are you afraid that the game will be ruined? i would think it would be a pretty simple game to port...

huh?

i don't buy it. the DS is a little past the "hay lets see what N64 titles we can port for quick moneyz" stage.

btw... mario and luigi DS = paper mario DS

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Ashhong said:
i dont get it, why do you guys not like that its a port? are you afraid that the game will be ruined? i would think it would be a pretty simple game to port...

It's not that, I think we would all prefer an original Paper Mario game on DS instead though.

Jiggy

Baffling. Fire Emblem 1 (or 3) made sense to remake because it's much older and could use a re-release. Kirby Super Star is only a few years older than Paper Mario, but unlike PM it's not openly available on VC for a cheaper price.

Perhaps most importantly, between those three games and the inevitable Pokemon third version, it seems like Nintendo's going really remake-happy on DS. Apparently they weren't exaggerating about moving their resources away from development on this great system. :/

painey

remember when Paper Mario was one of those outstandingly unique games.. before it got added to nintendos "re-hash for every new console" list .. *sigh*

I'm glad it's not an original game, PM2 and SPM were BULLSHIT.

They clearly can't make a better PM so it's good they decided to go the port route. :) :) :) :)

Jiggy37 said:
Baffling. Fire Emblem 1 (or 3) made sense to remake because it's much older and could use a re-release. Kirby Super Star is only a few years older than Paper Mario, but unlike PM it's not openly available on VC for a cheaper price.

Perhaps most importantly, between those three games and the inevitable Pokemon third version, it seems like Nintendo's going really remake-happy on DS. Apparently they weren't exaggerating about moving their resources away from development on this great system. :/
What more remakes are coming for DS?

Linkup

What a late April fools

Site's in korean, so i'm guessing corocoro Comics is korean and this is just for the korean market! Saved us.

Linkup said:
What a late April fools

Site's in korean, so i'm guessing corocoro Comics is korean and this is just for the korean market! Saved us.

corocoro is Japanese and if this was an april fools than it would say "Announced in Jump!" or "Announced in Famitsu".

this is real. this is damn real.

this is real.

please be fucking real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom