• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Papers, Please" could be coming to PS4 or/and PS Vita

maltrain

Well, I read A LOT of great things about "Papers, Please" and I thinks it's a great choice for a platform like PlayStation 4 or PlayStation Vita (of course, for Xbox One too).

So I asked to Shahid if there is a chance of porting the game and he, very fast, answer "yes" so... crossing fingers?

2976.jpg

https://twitter.com/MaLTRaiN/status/410903172652081152

PBY

Banned
Hope it comes to PS4.

Im in the mode that I'll buy anything new on the store. Blind bought Escape Plan because, basically, it was there.

Dang0

One of the few games I actually tried to get running on my crappy computer (and failed). I'll be over the moon if this can come to consoles.

It would work great with the Vita's touch screen, not sure if I could be anywhere near as fast with a controller though.

I said the same thing playing Hotline Miami first on the PC, but they made it work (and well, imo).

The more solid indie games that get exposure to a non-PC playing audience, the better. Bring it on.

McDougles

Grimløck;93387631 said:
So you're saying there's a chance?

I could definitely see it on the Vita, but that's just knowing how SonIndie works. The control scheme would be the #1 issue in my mind.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I can see a Vita version working because of the touchscreen, but how on earth would you even play this with a ds4?

btkadams

the or/and in the title hurts my brain. there is only and/or!

i'd love to play this game on vita or ps4. make it happen, shahid!
What is a "jaggie"? I speak spanish...
i think he is referring to the noise in the picture caused by jpeg compression. it's really not that bad ha.

popo

Vita might be okay but I don't think I would want to play with ds4.

Even a ten year old PC should be able to run it and you can buy it on sales for pennies. I don't see the demand.

I think Shahid is a bit of a fan of Papers, Please so I could see this happening.

I can see a Vita version working because of the touchscreen, but how on earth would you even play this with a ds4?
Dat touchpad. Would probably still be super awkward to use, though.

nampad

VITA BABY, yes yes yes :)
Been holding out on this in the hope of a Vita port. Would have thought that Shahid was already working on it though.

-MD-

I tried it the other day for an hour but I was just proof reading ID cards. Is that the entire game?

Clicking food/heat and proof reading? I only made it to day 5.

I don't see how a game like this can work with a controller. Vita I can see because you just use your fingers as a replacement for the mouse, but not on controllers.

Just use R2 and L2 to cycle between the selected document (sticks to move them around once selected), R1 and L1 to flip pages and the buttons for the actions.

Wouldn't be better than mouse obviously, but even without the touchpad I think it would work just fine. If anything I think the problem is the reading, not the control aspect.

In general though, it really is an amazing game to play. I wouldn't say it is enjoyable, but that is the whole point.

As someone who beat the game on PC I can't imagine this controlling very well on PS4. Vita would probably be okay but not ideal.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Excellent. My Macbook Air starts to get too noisy and hot at the simplest of games, so it will be nice to play these formerly PC only Indies.

Top Bottom