• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paradise Lost - alt-history post-WW2 indie game coming to PS5, Series X, and PC

Described as a story-driven adventure game, Paradise Lost is set in a world where World War 2 never ended, and Nazis unleashed nuclear bombs on the world to turn it into a post-apocalyptic wasteland. The game is set in post-apocalyptic Poland. The protagonist, a grief-stricken 12 year-old boy, chances upon a mysterious Nazi bunker and must uncover its secrets and its history.

Over on is official website, the game promises player choices, a branching story, zero fail states, and more. You can also check out its cinematic announce trailer below.

Paradise Lost is being built on Unreal Engine 4, and will be releasing for PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC later this year.

Official Website

paradise_lost_screenshot_09.jpg

paradise_lost_screenshot_03.jpg

------------------------

Edit:

Gameplay Trailer

Last edited:

Publisher All In! Games and developer PolyAmorous have released a new trailer for first-person perspective story-driven adventure game Paradise Lost, which follows a 12-year-old kid who discovers a mysterious Nazi bunker while roaming a post-nuclear Polish wasteland. It will launch for PC via Steam in 2020.

Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:

World War II Never Ended
After 20 years of war, the Nazis carried out a nuclear attack, which changed the face of the occupied Poland forever. Can a new world be born in the ashes of the old one?
The Last Story on Earth
Take on the role of a 12-year-old kid who finds a mysterious Nazi bunker while roaming a post-nuclear wasteland. Will he find what he seeks there? Will he cope with the loss he has suffered?
The Mystery of the Bunker
Explore a vast underground world in which unusual, advanced technology mixes with Slavic folklore and myths. Are you ready to learn what fate its inhabitants met?
Every Story is Different
Discover the past, shape the present. Decisions you make while learning the history of the bunker will affect what you will see on your journey.

Last edited:

Quantum253

I love Alt-History games and time travel/time manipulation mechanics. This Looks pretty good. Of course, I was really excited when I watched Darkest of Days game trailer too:

I'm not sure about what other's thoughts are, but I didn't find it very enjoyable. I will keep an eye on the title.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Interesting setting - hopefully an Eastern European developer will be freer to make interesting narrative choices.

Also makes me wonder why we never got a remaster of Resistance: Fall of Man.

So sick and tired of WW2. Most boring setting ever in existence of video games. Where the fuck are my prehistoric games at with dinosaurs or ancient civilizations? Nowhere.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
If they haven't made a game about Milton's poem, they are doing it wrong. Paradise Lost is about the fall of Satan. Where is that game?

Furlong

Banned
I hope the baby dies in the opening cut scene, I wouldn't want to play a game where you have to carry a screaming infant around everywhere.

Great Hair

Banned
A 6 foot tall 12y old boy .. ; must be a tall 12 old boy, that for unknown reasons likes to sneak inside underground natsee military compounds. What a shitty premise. Let me guess, another wank-press-WASD-pick-up-documents-move-slowly-"game"?

STEAM + PC + NO NAME STUDIO = JUNK
9X78kQm.png

Top Bottom