• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paradise Lost: First Contact - KS - 2D Alien game - PC/Mac/Linux (PS3/4/Vita, WiiU)

kuppy

How so? I only see it on the $180 tier.
Scroll down in the description there is the point Add-ons
f7b39a2d836584bc03d585a704aaa2cf_large.gif

You can add to your pledge extra rewards, but don't change your tier! Just increase the amount of your pledge and we'll send you a survey. You have to add $10 extra for shipping outside US to the last three physical rewards (just once if you purchase more than one):

• Add $5: digital OST
  • Add $10: new skin with a special ability
  • Add $12: copy of the game for Win / Mac / Linux + Steam
  • Add $15: copy of the game for console
  • Add $30: the awesome PLFC T-shirt
  • Add $40: art soft book
  • Add $50: extended physical guide

OUYA version for me.

Although for some reason that one doesn't get a mention by the OP.
Oh yeah, it was added later (Update #15), missed adding it, will do so now, thanks.

I just backed this at the console tier - hope it hits 200k, because I'd love it on the Vita. That gameplay trailer with the music is amazing. Makes the game look so good.

Mr. Pixel tie

Neo Member
Hi everyone! Thanks to all our wonderfull backers, we reached the Secret Chapter stretch goal!!!
Where did W come from? And for what reason is it on earth? Can't wait to tell you more about this.

And we just published another gameplay video! Here you can have a sneak peek at the different ways of facing a situation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P1v1lNcuhQ

Hope you like it!

ultrazilla

Really sucks that they won't port the game to Wii U because of IMHO a really high goal stretch for it at $250,000. Especially when indie developers have access to tons of tools from Nintendo that are either free or alot cheaper than a quarter of a million dollars. Oh well.

Really sucks that they won't port the game to Wii U because of IMHO a really high goal stretch for it at $250,000. Especially when indie developers have access to tons of tools from Nintendo that are either free or alot cheaper than a quarter of a million dollars. Oh well.
Wiiu is part of the $70K initial goal. The 250k is for a day and date release with the PC version.

kuppy

I'm very happy for them, they did a great campaign and just have this fantastic piece of game.

Paradise Lost is more than funded! Thanks to all of you!
961392cfacb06840103a01b450b9d517_large.jpg

This is the end of the road! Paradise Lost has reached the 207% of its goal raising $144,960 thanks to our fantastic 5,953 backers (plus another 58 from Humble Bundle) , so you people have our most sincere gratitude for joining us in this exciting campaign. And yes! What you see in the image is what we're going to do with your money!!!! (it's a joke, please don't take it seriously).

We will continue getting funds to reach more financing through our Paypal site, so if you missed the KS campaign, you want to purchase the humble packs or simply prefer the Paypal option is up to you. All the funding reached until December 31 will be added to our current amount. Who knows, maybe we can hit more stretch goals!!! ;)

Graphic improvements? YOU BET YOUR ASS IT WILL BE!!!

Don't worry about it! We almost reached the necessary quantity to make this possible to polish little more the animations and add new effects to our current graphics!!! if you want more info about the things we want to do (if everything goes right) check out this [NeoGAF Thread]. Some of you asked us worried about the change of the overall appearance but don't panic, everything will be perfectly pixelated just as it is.

We'll have more info coming on next updates, but for now it's time to have a little break (not so much as the characters), set things up and start this amazing adventure. Thank you for the bottom of our hearts for make Paradise Lost a reality!

I think it's bullshit these people are dividing their time instead of focusing entirely on shipping, but I guess that's been their problem all along. This was going to be the Alien Metal Gear I never knew I wanted! :(

I personally think it's bullshit they're funding another separate product despite openly acknowledging their failure.

For reference from their October update:
Taking a look back at last year from the perspective of development, we didn’t stop fantasizing about how things would have been if we had made different choices. 2014 was going to be a major step for us. Our project obtained financing and we were able to devote to full time development and bring PLFC to life. We engaged in a work schedule that filled us and we loved it. Working on what you really like is a luxury, but nobody tells you about the sacrifices you must do to fulfill your dreams.

Communication problems and the lack of a common goal led us to rethink the initial formation of the team and so we lost a friend, colleague and partner. It was a blow, but the worst part was having to let go all the game’s code: A year of development to the trash. All our hopes were suddenly gone and having to watch how an important part of your project dissapears was pretty fucked up. We had to rise above that and continue making the game. We made a promise to all of you, and that’s not gonna change.
With the things learned and the hard work made by our programmer Carlos we were able to improve a lot of features, like AI and certains aspects of gameplay. We even managed to add stuff that we thought impossible like pixel art rotation, which became a featured asset on the Unity store.

This doesn’t mean that everything is done and lot of stuff is yet to be made, plus working so long in a game that had an initial forecast of a single year burned out both Sigrid and I. The frustration of starting all over again is something that is there, like a thorn.

Summer arrived and we felt that more than a good rest we needed an outlet for our creativity, avoiding to get stuck and stay fresh with new concepts, so we started to create GOTY from time to time outside work hours. After a while we realized that this pastime could become something more, so we decided to polish it. The game seemed fun to play and we decided to give it a chance on Kickstarter.

Why now? Because this project is a way to reflect our current experience as game developers and also address from a positive perspective the problems that happen frequently in game development, specially if you are an independent dev. We felt the need to see if we are still sharp with original concepts.

If the project has any success, we’ll promise all of you that it won’t have a negative impact regarding Paradise Lost. As far as GOTY goes, it’s an already-made project. Even with all the setbacks that have happened so far, we’ve given you constant info and material to back our words, and we’ll continue to do so month after month. PLFC is our beloved child and we are working hard on it to give you a playable sneak peak ASAP.
Release date and gameplay material

So far we were contrary to give you a certain release, because we know what is going to happen… give you a date and then have to delay the project, like most of Kickstarters out there. Our first priority is to finish the level editor and send to backers a preview build as soon as possible. From that point will be able to establish a realistic timetable, but expect a year from now.

Well, with all things said we present to you our new project:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this game, but it's clearly had a lot of problems for some time now. Who knows if it'll ever get finished, but I hope it does as I think the concept is great.

Instro

I think it's bullshit these people are dividing their time instead of focusing entirely on shipping, but I guess that's been their problem all along. This was going to be the Alien Metal Gear I never knew I wanted! :(

I personally think it's bullshit they're funding another separate product despite openly acknowledging their failure.

For reference from their October update:

Well, at least it's a table top thing and not another video game lol.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this game, but it's clearly had a lot of problems for some time now. Who knows if it'll ever get finished, but I hope it does as I think the concept is great.
It really is, it's near genius level. Escape, infiltrate, stealth goo gameplay, upgrade... And the art style is delicious.

Too fucking bad they are beyond incompetent... It just hurts. :(

Well, at least it's a table top thing and not another video game lol.
The time though.

Top Bottom