• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon: Shinbi Announce Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNsG6Ij2aqs

Epic have gone too far.

She looks absolutely fabulous

Download the song here https://soundcloud.com/omedamusic You know you want to.

Shinbi overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=112&v=svmbE2burgw
Character page: https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/new-hero-reveal-shinbi

attachment.php

chefbags

Well I guess it's time for me to start this game again lol.

Also haven't been caught up on the updates but did the game play get a lot faster? The main reason I stopped playing is cause it was slow af moving around.

Well I guess it's time for me to start this game again lol.

Also haven't been caught up on the updates but did the game play get a lot faster? The main reason I stopped playing is cause it was slow af moving around.

The monolith update compressed the map(at least to me) so engagements are faster to get into. They removed the run/walk mechanic as well, so everyone is quicker. Things have sped up.

Be still my beating heart!

EDIT: Seriously, though. Is this game any good? Bear in mind I've never played a MOBA before (I've always thought the community was too toxic to bother with).

Yeah, Dva x Gal Gadot or something...

The game is decent but the cast is bland, boring, unispired, just an accumulation of cliche...

LordCiego

Wow didnt expect that but its nice. Just speaking from ignorance, is she based in any real person? Just asking because of the song.

Anyway the less dudebro heroes the games has the better, because from my little knowledge of this game it has a generic dudebro design aesthetic.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wow didnt expect that but its nice. Just speaking from ignorance, is she based in any real person? Just asking because of the song.

Anyway the less dudebro heroes the games has the better, because from my little knowledge of this game it has a generic dudebro design aesthetic.

The way I once described the game's hero set to charlequin was that it's like they took all the most generic game characters from 1997-2006 Western games and rendered them in a loving, incredibly detailed 2017 fashion.

That said, they've been expanding a bit lately.

Here's the full list: https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/heroes

Whompa02

Clicked a few character highlight videos and boy they are pretty obviously chasing the Overwatch dream so hard.

A lot of these are obvious uninspired attempts to mirror characters from OW.

jediyoshi

Clicked a few character highlight videos and boy they are pretty obviously chasing the Overwatch dream so hard.

Each character is an obvious uninspired attempt to mirror characters from OW.

Now are they more or less inspired than when Overwatch was cribbing from not only designs but actual, completely prototypical MOBA hero abilities? Tell me more about all these creature characters in Overwatch.

Tyaren

A lot of these are obvious uninspired attempts to mirror characters from OW.

Both games were in development at the same time and Paragon actually came out a few months prior to Overwatch. Overwatch also didn't invent K-Pop and fanservice as far as I know.

OMG! They added another melee fighter. I'm so shocked!

She looks cool, but why not make her a ranged character?

Next ranged hero is in April, then more and more after that. Epic actually apologised for the amount of melee heroes in a row, they mentioned the development pipeline as the reason. I have no idea what that means.

Korigama

I had pretty much written this game off after being under the same impression from the very little I knew of it, so I was quite surprised by this. I suppose I'll be looking into it a bit more.

Usobuko

Banned
It's not cohesive design, seems out of place.

You could do waifu better, Epic. Was kpop really necessary? Subtlety is key.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Next ranged hero is in April, then more and more after that. Epic actually apologised for the amount of melee heroes in a row, they mentioned the development pipeline as the reason. I have no idea what that means.

Basically, to launch heroes every three weeks, they started them 6-9 months ago, and can't change the order of heroes already X% done without missing their schedule.

This also happened with Heroes of the Storm recently and six Warcraft Assassins in a row.

Overwatch is a game changer, expect to see more waifu in western games, lol

Paragon has gone full waifu for his last characters... and they aren't even that original...

V7XQ75N.png

Note how 4 (here, 5th is Shinbi just announced) on the 7 last characters are smoking hot girls...

And how they are all Melee characters...

So you got the vampire in red latex yes she's a bad Bloodrayne rip off
You got Bellica, Lara Croft in a mass effect armor
The blonde angel with a demon side
The killer frost smoking hot ice woman
and now the kpop singer...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is there any chance this ends up coming to XB1? Stuff like this makes me interested but none of my friends have PS4

Their reply to "Why not on Xbox One?" sounded like it was going to come sometime after the official launch. The game is technically still in beta/early access.

Whompa02

Both games were in development at the same time and Paragon actually came out a few months prior to Overwatch. Overwatch also didn't invent K-Pop and fanservice as far as I know.

Not saying they invented anything considering a lot of their designs are definitely inspired from other designs as well. I'm saying Overwatch gained a more universal appeal and resonated with players much more, and now Paragon, while being in development at the same time, is CURRENTLY definitely chasing the Overwatch dream.

Top Bottom