The second game killed the franchise. The first one was very successful, but the second ... yeash.
Quality wise, the first three songs in the game are among the best in the entire series canon (come at me), but it falls to shit after that.
They should do this:
- Create a new game set in the Parappa world that is a band/group/diva simulator
- You create characters, make songs, record your vocals, and share it
- The game itself has RPG and Simulator-esque elements, causing a risk vs reward with your choices
- The goal is start out small (garage band) and make it big (headline for Parappa/MilkCan)
- You can put on concerts, make music vids, and cribs style videos - all tongue in cheek
- It's free to play, Vita/PS3/PS4, only pay for costumes and effect equipment
- Call it BeatTown
No offense but this is the exact opposite of what I want. I hope this isn't what we get. Also, if they called it "BeatTown" and not the extremely obivous "PaRappaTown" I'd cry.
I want a game very similar to PaRappa 1/2 & Lammy. I want a wacky story, I want pure rhythm action gameplay. That's all I ask for. I've been wanting this for 10 years. I'd pay hundreds of dollars for a new game in the series (even though I assume most people think it's something that's only worth $10 on PSN or something, ugh). I'd buy a new console for it. I'd do whatever I had to.