• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris' first naked restaurant to close

cryptoadam

Banned
Paris' first naked restaurant to close

The first nudist restaurant in Paris is set to close after just over year of serving classic French dishes to diners in the buff.

O'Naturel, in the French capital's 12th district, will close on February 16, according to a Facebook post from the owners.

Twins Mike and Stéphane Saada told the AFP news agency that they were having to close for financial reasons.

In another Facebook post, they called on customers to take advantage of the remaining time.

"Don't hesitate to book now to enjoy a last naked dinner in Paris," it read. "It's now or never."

After opening in November 2017 to great fanfare, the restaurant received rave reviews from customers on Facebook, with an average score of 4.8 out of 5.

Many customers praised both the food and the unique experience after enjoying a naked meal, shielded from passersby by a thick white curtain.

"Great restaurant, futuristic in the audacity of its naturism," wrote Florian Dupuis last August, "promoting the beautiful values of naturism, tolerance and non judgment, living together, all together, as we are, and in osmosis with nature, all natural."

Diners at O'Naturel remove their clothes in a cloakroom, where they also leave their mobile phones for privacy reasons, according to AFP.

And while those eating may be naked, the owners are fully clothed as they serve the food.
"Our role is to put people at ease," said Stéphane in an interview with AFP when the restaurant opened.

"As soon as customers enter the dining room, we accompany them to their table and we reassure them that it's not like the whole room is looking at them."

NSFW if you click on the article link FYI.

Ya eating naked is not fun or something I would want to do. Seeing other people eating naked is even farther on my to do list. Seeing older fat people naked is at the bottom of the list.

I don't even like to eat without a shirt off, forget in the buff. The market has spoke and we like to eat with our clothes ON.

Last edited:

Thurible

Why would you want to eat naked? Kind of reminds me of a restaurant I saw on the show "Its always sunny in philadelphia" where the main characters went to a weird place that served food off the naked bodies of women (I'm sure its a real thing, I don't want to look it up though).

cryptoadam

Banned
Why would you want to eat naked? Kind of reminds me of a restaurant I saw on the show "Its always sunny in philadelphia" where the main characters went to a weird place that served food off the naked bodies of women (I'm sure its a real thing, I don't want to look it up though).

It is a real thing, but thats different. Eating food of a naked chick is kinda a fun novelty and the thrill is seeing the girl naked at the end. But YOU are clothed, and usually the girls is attractive (essentially a stripper).

Eating with no clothes on is not fun. Crumbs fall, sauces can splash. And then I don't need to see some guys dong or ass while I am eating, nor some old ladys bush either.

It is a real thing, but thats different. Eating food of a naked chick is kinda a fun novelty and the thrill is seeing the girl naked at the end. But YOU are clothed, and usually the girls is attractive (essentially a stripper).

Eating with no clothes on is not fun. Crumbs fall, sauces can splash. And then I don't need to see some guys dong or ass while I am eating, nor some old ladys bush either.

Yeah I try to be pretty open minded but trying to get into a nice club sandwich in a room filled with random ass naked strangers is out of my league

The whole point of clothes is so I can have something to cover my belly when i stuff myself and drink tons of beer. Here I would just eat an appetizer and keep my back straight.

lil puff

Imagine having the hot soup spilled on you LOL
At least they don't have to pay dry cleaning.

I certainly hope they are using fresh linens on the seats for each guest.
They also may have had to pay someone as a bathroom attendant.
Who wants to walk into a public restroom barefoot and naked? ewgh

Could you imagine being a waiter/waitress there?
"ahem... salad maam?"
"I'll have the sausage and meatballs"

They must be laughin their ass off in the kitchen.

I eat at a naked restaurant all the time. It's extremely freeing, and it saves on laundry when you drop food in your lap. But man, Taco Bell gets so upset about it, but I'm all like, "if I can go through the drive thru naked, why can't I eat in the dining area naked?" They don't have an answer for that, so the let me eat. But I have to eat fast before the police show up.

Airbus Jr

Banned
This is the weirdest news I read today

Thanks but I'll never visit this restaurant and I'm keeping my dignity intact

If I wanted to eat something from this restaurant so bad I'll just order, take it home and pretend i don't see anything suspicious in this place

Last edited:

Thurible

I kind of get the artistic expression (not really), but why?

Why would anyone want to see naked people while eating? Why expose yourself to spills and the elements as you yourself said? Couldn't you just do that at home?

And with the naked lady table thing, WHY? Isn't that extremely unsanitary? What about the woman? She has to stay still the entire time? Isn't it weird? She is literally a table? Do people really arouse themselves by eating off of other people?

I don't get it, man.

cryptoadam

Banned

Why would anyone want to see naked people while eating? Why expose yourself to spills and the elements as you yourself said? Couldn't you just do that at home?

And with the naked lady table thing, WHY? Isn't that extremely unsanitary? What about the woman? She has to stay still the entire time? Isn't it weird? She is literally a table? Do people really arouse themselves by eating off of other people?

I don't get it, man.

I think you missed my edit, I mean to say clothes off. I don't want to eat naked.

The thing with eating off a naked girl is yup its arousing. Its like going to a strip club or something. Thats the point of it. Also some people have a fetish of eating food off their lovers. Its a common parody in a lot of comedy movies. Me personally I don't want to eat off naked people or eat naked or see other people eating naked.

Rotti

Nudists beach i get it, you are in the ocean, go to swim, good sun, but going to a restaurant and getting naked and just eat is kinda weird.

There is nothing appealing about eating naked in a room full of people. Now eating naked alone, I’m good with that.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
One of the few exceptions

TV actress who hosts nude dinner parties

That’s hot. Nude restaurant, not so much.

Is Howard Stern still doing his thing? If so, how has he not been raked over the coals yet by the SJW puritans? Did he vote for Hillary? Did they turn a blind eye?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Do people really arouse themselves by eating off of other people?

M0bjEm8.gif

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

I don't get it, man.

When you eventually have sex you'll learn that different, unusual and sometimes delightful things will turn you on. And some of them will be fucking weird.

cryptoadam

Banned
You promised NSFW. You promised!!!!!!!!!

But anyway, those pics make it pretty obvious why they are closing.

Well I consider that one shot of a dudes ass that CNN decided to put on their website as NSFW LOL. Last thing I think many people need their boss to see is male butt cheeks LOL.

After the shock value wore off, everyone realizes that eating naked is pretty crappy.

This is really true

Nope, there are definitely exceptions.

I wonder why the majority of nudists tend to be unattractive though? Maybe it's because they feel like they have nothing to lose and if you're beautiful then your naked body is a more valuable commodity that maybe you'd be more hesitant to parade around in public for free?

At any rate, I can share some examples but what exactly are the policies on linking to NSFW content? Just giving a heads up?

Last edited:

Dark Star

i'd be embarrassed to walk on a nude beach, but i wouldn't mind at least visiting one in shorts, which is actually a very common thing in some countries...

but a nude restaurant? how odd and particular... never for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom