• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Social Parler Becomes #1 App Download on the iOS & Android App Stores

-Arcadia-

Branded for life by her misdeeds
Aug 20, 2019
Support sane sites to discuss, that don’t throw their partisan biases into simple upkeep (removing spam, racism, etc.)

Gaf is another one of those, and I am thankful for it every day.

It’s ridiculous to the extent that Facebook, Twitter, etc., are paper Tigers. We give them that power. The second we take it away, these unelected, irrelevant hacks will fade into obscurity and nothingness.

YCoCg

Apr 25, 2020
What does that prove? I see nothing there that's any different from the thousands of posts posted by Democrats on Twitter. You really don't want to go there.
Go where? I assumed your post was about people going to Parler to find things to use against people, and that's already happened.

🤣🤣 Not reading posts "properly". What is the proper way to read a Y YCoCg Y YCoCg post?

Do you specialize in avoiding questions?
Dude you seem to constantly think I'm "triggered" or "angry" or "sad" or whatever mood you want to project onto me if it helps your weird argument of painting me as the enemy on this board, I know TaySan is gone but you can fuck off if you think I'm being the next lefty punching bag for you because you lack reading comprehension, even when I'm being friendly to you you still react badly, why is that?

So basically the same thing people post about Trump on Twitter, but somehow Y YCoCg Y YCoCg is magically blind to that.

Angry and blind. Hmm sad
Such as this post! Read above to what I said, where have I excused any threats on Twitter? Why are you making stuff up? Are you afraid of me or something? It's nearly as if you go out of your way to misread what I say so you can justify being a dick? Get help man. I'm not your enemy.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Oct 12, 2012
Go where? I assumed your post was about people going to Parler to find things to use against people, and that's already happened.

We've just had 5 years of the most disgusting posts on Twitter from Dems and mass censoring of the Republicans. I'm sorry, but you are in no position to post a Parler post up to show Republicans have posted terrible things there. I condemn that post as I would anything the Dems posted on Twitter. That wasn't the point I was making. Twitter will not like the fact Parler just got a big boost and will start smearing them.

• Fire

YCoCg

Apr 25, 2020
I'm sorry, but you are in no position to post a Parler post up to show Republicans have posted terrible things there.
That wasn't my intention, I was pointing out that people are already using Parler posts to shame people.

That wasn't the point I was making. Twitter will not like the fact Parler just got a big boost and will start smearing them.
In which case, my mistake, I misread that posts and I'll admit that.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Dude you seem to constantly think I'm "triggered" or "angry" or "sad" or whatever mood you want to project onto me if it helps your weird argument of painting me as the enemy on this board, I know TaySan is gone but you can fuck off if you think I'm being the next lefty punching bag for you because you lack reading comprehension, even when I'm being friendly to you you still react badly, why is that?
you act like a dick to me in every interaction we have, but now you want to pretend we are friendly? Okay dude, I don't know what fantasy is playing in your head, it's not real

And if you think this is mean, holy shit 😂🙄

Such as this post! Read above to what I said, where have I excused any threats on Twitter? Why are you making stuff up? Are you afraid of me or something? It's nearly as if you go out of your way to misread what I say so you can justify being a dick? Get help man. I'm not your enemy.
You came into this thread attacking Parker, or did you forget that?

Parler already had its boost in the UK earlier this year when Katie Hopkins wan banned on Twitter and most of the flag nonces followed her to there, crying that they'll never come back to Twitter, ...and they all came back to Twitter in the end to constantly shout about how they hate Twitter.

Right, you came here to shit on Parler and it's users, and you want to cry because....what exactly?

Last edited:
  • Fire

YCoCg

Apr 25, 2020
And if you think this is mean, holy shit
I don't think you're mean, I just think you're a dick, but thought I'll try being nice to you, and you're still a dick.

You came into this thread attacking Parker, or did you forget that?
And again, READING COMPREHENSION, where am I defending threats and violence on Twitter?

Right, you came here to shit on Parler and it's users, and you want to cry because....what exactly?
I made a joke about Parler users because we've already seen what happened in the UK to it, aint no one crying here but there's certainly someone acting like a triggered bitch because he doesn't like me.

• Thoughtful

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
I don't think you're mean, I just think you're a dick, but thought I'll try being nice to you, and you're still a dick.

And again, READING COMPREHENSION, where am I defending threats and violence on Twitter?

I made a joke about Parler users because we've already seen what happened in the UK to it, aint no one crying here but there's certainly someone acting like a triggered bitch because he doesn't like me.
1. You have never been "nice" to me, so you can cut the crap
2. I never said you did. I said you attacked Parler. Maybe you should be nicer and actually read my posts
3. So as I said, you cAme into this thread to shit on Parler and now you're crying because....people pointed Parler and Twitter have similar posts?

• Thoughtful

YCoCg

Apr 25, 2020
1. You have never been "nice" to me, so you can cut the crap
I was being genuine when I asked you in the other thread what your plan would be and if you was being serious about acting the exact same way as the people you've been criticising, and you kept responding as if you were being attacked. I genuinely wanted to know your outlook but instead you kept trying to insult me and call me "triggered", etc but at the very least you admitted that you're going to be wasting YOUR time fighting people on Twitter and shouting at Joe Biden, so hey, who looks sad here?

• Thoughtful

Hesemonni

Banned
Feb 27, 2007
Finland
It's ironic conservatives have been ridiculing some groups about safe spaces and now they're fleeing to their own safe space head over heels.

• LOL

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Oct 12, 2012
It's ironic conservatives have been ridiculing some groups about safe spaces and now they're fleeing to their own safe space head over heels.

Some of you have got unbelievable takes. I think you'll find Republicans are finding other options because they're getting censored on Twitter and outright banned. You don't get to flip the script. If you were censored on here or banned, wouldn't you go elsewhere? This is playground thinking my man.

Last edited:

sobaka770

Jun 25, 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
Another right-wing segregated platform. So Twitter will be all left wing now? What a mess.

To be fair if only some politicians and Trump move there, it's not a big deal as most stuff will still happen on Twitter. It all depends on where the brands go.

• LOL

Cato

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another right-wing segregated platform. So Twitter will be all left wing now? What a mess.

To be fair if only some politicians and Trump move there, it's not a big deal as most stuff will still happen on Twitter. It all depends on where the brands go.

Yes evil republicans going to that other site where we can not censor you. How evil.

The brands go where the audience is. If Parler becomes big enough then the brands will go to BOTH twitter and parler to make sure they are visible to their customers.

• Thoughtful
Dec 15, 2011
The irony is sreeching "Don't like it - go somewhere else" and then making posts like yours.

Though not as ironic as REEEturners having already done that and then coming back to screech, only to get the boot.

Yeah yeah. I know. "It's OK when we do it!!!".

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Oct 12, 2012

You are quite welcome to join Parler you know. Of course it's going to be largely Republicans to begin with because they're about freedom of speech, but if any Democrats also like freedom of speech, they can air their thoughts there.

• Fire
W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
How long until Parler and MeWe become like the services they seek to replace?

The conservative "exodus" shouldn't be from Twitter to Parler and Facebook to MeWe, the exodus should be away from social media, period.

Conservatives gain nothing from engaging in social media debate, even on platforms that promise true freedom of speech.

showernota

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2020

"Everyone who has been censored and deplatformed from Twitter, et al, should never rejoin social media, and I hate anything that gives them the opportunity."

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Oct 12, 2012
That wasn't my intention, I was pointing out that people are already using Parler posts to shame people.

In which case, my mistake, I misread that posts and I'll admit that.

I forgot to reply yesterday. Respect for stepping back a little. I much appreciate it.

• Thoughtful

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Parler raped my dad and ran over my dog. Time to shut er down.

Its also creatrd by ze Joooooos to control the weather and banks.

• LOL

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
I was being genuine when I asked you in the other thread what your plan would be and if you was being serious about acting the exact same way as the people you've been criticising, and you kept responding as if you were being attacked. I genuinely wanted to know your outlook but instead you kept trying to insult me and call me "triggered", etc but at the very least you admitted that you're going to be wasting YOUR time fighting people on Twitter and shouting at Joe Biden, so hey, who looks sad here?
That's your definition of being nice? Asking a loaded question and being upset at the answer? Okay

Just to highlight again, wasn't my intention, my point was that people are already using posts on parler to "cancel" people.
Such bullshit 🤣

• Fire

YCoCg

Apr 25, 2020
Still crying over me O oagboghi2 ? And picking fights with other left leaning members, man you must be really bored and upset. At least there are decent members here who we can agree with despite having different views.

• Thoughtful

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Still crying over me O oagboghi2 ? And picking fights with other left leaning members, man you must be really bored and upset. At least there are decent members here who we can agree with despite having different views.
I'm responding to your posts. You have a weird definition of crying.

Is the part where you cry that I'm being mean to you?

YCoCg

Apr 25, 2020
I'm responding to your posts. You have a weird definition of crying.

Is the part where you cry that I'm being mean to you?
Please, you've been acting like a little bitch on here the past few days, by the way you'll need to change that lighbulb in the projector soon, you've worn it out.

• Thoughtful

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Whatever makes you feel better man. You do you.
Oh I will 🤣🤣

Please, you've been acting like a little bitch on here the past few days, by the way you'll need to change that lighbulb in the projector soon, you've worn it out.
Is this more of your "being nice"🤣

Worry about yourself. If you don't like my posts, please put me on ignore.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Dec 15, 2011

Impartial and neutral BBC covering it. Mentions of Qanon, safe-spaces and echo-chambers.

No mention of the Pew report that shows where the real echo-chamber is.

No need for such inconvenient facts when there are wells to be poisoned.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Is this mo

Impartial and neutral BBC covering it. Mentions of Qanon, safe-spaces and echo-chambers.

No mention of the Pew report that shows where the real echo-chamber is.

No need for such inconvenient facts when there are wells to be poisoned.
Government funded BBC.

Imagine literally being taxed for your state propaganda

Last edited: