Part 2 of The Uncharted Demo seems to be Amazing!

Armadilo

Banned
Feb 19, 2015
From gamesradar
For reasons best known to Sony, the best thing at E3 was the longer version of its E3 Uncharted 4 demo that it didn't show at the conference. Behind closed doors, an extended version of the truck chase continued the sequence and raised the bar so high it might well break all other games.

What happens is impossible to describe without falling into hyperbole because holy Christ I nearly lost my shit, with gameplay that almost seemed to be mocking your ability to deal with it - piling sequence onto sequence, and building the pace and action up to to a level that's almost impossible to comprehend without seeing it. Nothing else out there can compete with what I saw: there's honestly a world before that demo and world after.

My Twitter Blew up with game journalist talking about it, Could possibly Rival the Uncharted 2 Cinematic showpiece

Discotheque

Banned
Oct 5, 2009
i got a fury road of videogames vibe from the first part of the demo. naughty dog straight showing everybody else how to do proper cinematic shooter gameplay.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Apr 25, 2009
Someone link to the Michael Huber (gametrailers) retelling of the demo.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Aug 24, 2010
If they manage to top the Train from UC2 and the Plane from UC3, my head will explode.

I'm actually gonna avoid this, wish I hadn't seen the UC3 footage.

Gurish

Aug 4, 2013
Could possibly rival it? Sounds to me like it smashed it into pieces!
The first part was already incredible enough, if it starts like this i can see the rest surpass the U2 quite easily.

ciddative

Nov 6, 2013
London
"Nothing else out there can compete with what I saw: there's honestly a world before that demo and world after"

Holy shit.

Hoje0308

Banned
Jun 22, 2013
The lessons learned from U3 probably have something to do with ND wanting to keep more of the game under wraps. I'd prefer it if I'm the one in control the first time I see the best this game has to offer.

Discotheque

Banned
Oct 5, 2009
i feel like the first part already topped the uncharted 2 showing, how is it even a question?

the amount of detail in the ensuing chaos of the firefights, and the improved animation. this is all integral to making some damn visceral action sequences. it's their most action-movie like game for sure.

5taquitos

Apr 8, 2014
Definitely going to avoid watching the full thing, don't want one of the best set-pieces spoiled without playing it myself.

Makoto Yuki

Banned
Dec 26, 2013
I love the fact that they gave Nate a rope, for whatever aesthetic and gameplay reasons: it's almost like they wanted to give him something akin to Indiana Jone's iconic whip.

LastNac

May 5, 2012
It really, really was. Things get pretty crazy after being dragged through the mud.

Probably the most impressive set piece of the series, and I don't think what was shown was even rometly close to being one of the game's signature moments.

Dictator93

Jun 29, 2011
I don't get the logic of game companies doing this. Why keep the best parts of the demo behind closed doors?
So the enthusiast complicit press feels special and hypes your games for you without having to prove anything.

All closed door demos usually leverage hype dynamics.

Interceptor

Banned
Nov 10, 2012
Interested in a video.

For reasons best known to Sony, the best thing at E3 was the longer version of its E3 Uncharted 4 demo that it didn't show at the conference. Behind closed doors, an extended version of the truck chase continued the sequence and raised the bar so high it might well break all other games.

What happens is impossible to describe without falling into hyperbole because holy Christ I nearly lost my shit, with gameplay that almost seemed to be mocking your ability to deal with it - piling sequence onto sequence, and building the pace and action up to to a level that's almost impossible to comprehend without seeing it. Nothing else out there can compete with what I saw: there's honestly a world before that demo and world after.
lolworthy games "journalism"

Schryver

Nov 14, 2013
Southern California
Glad to hear it's amazing. I definitely don't want to see it though and would prefer to play it and experience the glory for myself the first time. I'm guessing that's why they decided not to show it at the conference.

eFKac

Nov 13, 2014
Please keep it under wraps.

Everyone would be better if they experienced it for the first time when they play it.

LastNac

May 5, 2012
I'll say this, there is a vehicle sequence and it is kind of a mix between the spectacle of the convoy section in UC2 with the openness of the horseback sequence in UC3.

CrimsonSquall

Jul 29, 2013
Seems like literally everyone forgot about the Amy scandal with this game, and honestly I see why bc it looks phenomenal