• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Partial) Future List of 360 BC Games

I posted this in the BC thread, but it's moving so fast that I figured I would just make my own thread about it. I watched the video again, pausing every few seconds so that I could write down the names of all the games that were scrolling behind Phill and the engineer he handed things off to. I assume this is a partial list of games they are currently working on making BC, and I apologize for not recognizing everything. This is what I found:

Alan Wake
Assassin's Creed
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Bayonetta
Bioshock
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway(?)
Call of Juarez
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood(?)
Cars 2
Child of Eden
Civilization Revolution
Clash of Heroes HD
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dead Space
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
Far Cry: Blood Dragon
Forza 2
Forza 4
Forza Horizon
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Halo 3
Halo CE: Anniversary Edition
Halo Reach
Mass Effect
Ninja Gaiden 3
Pacman Championship Edition DX
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
Rayman Legends
Rayman Origins
Risen 3
Sacred 2
Saint's Row: The Third
Shadow Complex
Shadowrun
Sonic Adventure 2
Soul Caliber V
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Toy Story 3
Vanquish

Hopefully, this makes some of the naysayers understand that more games are coming than the few released today.

Edit: Also, if anyone else would like to watch the BC segment of the stream again and see if you could catch any titles I couldn't, I would be glad to add them to this list.

Credit to GameSpot for the video.

Edit 2: Thanks to JMDSO for making the list pretty and putting it in alphabetical order.

Edit 3: I watched it AGAIN and noticed Call of Juarez and Halo Reach this time.

R6V games and Fallout 3 were already confirmed by other mentions. Other stuff isn't necessarily confirmed but it would be nice, especially the Forzas.

Tabris

XBOX ONE BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY - FAQ

Q: How do I play an Xbox 360 game on my Xbox One?

A: You must own a supported Xbox 360 title. (For a list of supported titles, see below) If you have a supported digital version of the game, you can install the game from the “Ready to Install” section of My games & apps. If you have a disk version of the game, you can simply insert the disk into your Xbox One console.

Q: Where is Borderlands? You showed it, but I don’t see it in Preview.

A: We are continuing to finalize all the necessary packaging and validation work with our partners to bring your favorite games to the program as soon as possible. While not part of the Preview launch, stay tuned to find out when Borderlands will be available through Xbox One Backward Compatibility.

Q: What about my other Xbox 360 games?

A: We are continuing to add more titles. Not all titles will be supported but check back and see if your titles have been added to the list. Or go to Xbox Feedback to suggest your favorites.

Q: Do I need to also own an Xbox 360 Console to play these games?

A: No, you do not need to own an Xbox 360 console.

Q: Can I buy these games from the Xbox One store?

A: If you want to purchase these games, you can buy them digitally from the store on your Xbox 360 console, on xbox.com (search for titles in Xbox 360 games) or from your local retailer.

Q: How do I get to the Xbox 360 Guide on my Xbox One?

A: While playing your Xbox 360 game on Xbox One, you can access the Xbox 360 Guide by pressing the Menu and View buttons on your Xbox One controller at the same time. (Note: some games have additional functionality when pressing either the Menu or the View button individually. Be mindful there may be unexpected behavior if you press one button prior to the other. Check the Game Specific Issues in the Known Issues for workarounds in specific titles.)

Q: Can I continue a game that I started on my Xbox 360?

A: If you have saved your games to the cloud from an Xbox 360, you will be able to continue that game on the Xbox One. Some titles do not support cloud storage. In those cases, game saves will not be recovered on the Xbox One. Please refer to the list below to see which titles do not support cloud storage. For help on saving your games to the cloud from your Xbox 360 console, check the following articles:

Setting up cloud storage on 360: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-3...oud-save-games

Troubleshooting: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-3...e-troubleshoot

FAQ: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-3...-the-cloud-faq

Q: I saved my game on Xbox One but don’t see the saved game on my Xbox 360. What happened to my game?

A: Xbox 360 game saves are uploaded after you quit the game on Xbox One. You must quit it from Home or launch another non-backward compatible game in order for the save to be uploaded. If you turn off your console, it will be uploaded when you turn it back on.

Q: Can I play multiplayer with friends who are playing the game on Xbox 360 or Xbox One?

A: Yes! For games that have multiplayer, you will be able to play with others who own the title on Xbox 360. For Xbox One users, only members of the Public Preview audience who own the game will be able to play with you during this beta.

Q: Will I need to earn my game achievements again on the Xbox One?

A: No, if you originally earned the game achievement on the Xbox 360 you will not get duplicate achievements nor lose your previous achievements.

Known issues:

Game Saves

Save your Xbox 360 games on Xbox One often! If you leave the game (i.e. launch a full screen app or another game) you could potentially lose any unsaved progress.

Creating Parties and Chatting

When engaging with Xbox 360 users or other users of Xbox One playing Xbox 360 games, use the Party and Chat functions on the Xbox 360 Guide (press Menu and View buttons to bring up the menu and select Party or Chat).

Navigation with multiple controllers

If there is more than one controller connected to your Xbox One, only one controller can be used for navigating the Xbox 360 Guide.

Home Screen Tile performance

Playing an Xbox 360 game inside the large tile of the Xbox One Home screen can cause audio and visual performance degradation. Play games in full screen mode to avoid this.

In-game issues (for all games)

Rich presence says “Home” instead of something game specific.
The ESRB splash screen or disclaimer text does not show at the beginning of games.
After the Xbox 360 boot animation renders, the game sometimes takes a few seconds to load, just be patient.

Game Specific Issues

A Kingdom for Keflings: May not use correct avatar when playing offline.
Defense Grid: Pressing the View button will reset the level if pressed during gameplay. If you are trying to call up the Xbox 360 guide it is recommended that you first press and hold the Menu button then press View to avoid resetting the level.
Geometry Wars Evolved: It is possible to start a game before the Xbox Live sign-in completes, and when it does it will return you back to the game’s main menu.
Hexic: Corners of locked tiles in Survival mode are not rendering correctly.
Kameo: If you receive the error “problem with the disc you are using”, it is the game’s generic error, it is likely not an issue with the disc.
Mass Effect: Framerate degradations in 360 version may manifest slightly differently in Backward Compatibility version.
Perfect Dark Zero: Framerate degradations in 360 version may manifest slightly differently in the Backward Compatibility version.
Perfect Dark Zero: Ranked multi-player is not yet supported in Backward Compatibility.
Perfect Dark: Co-operative multi-player between 360 and Backward Compatibility is not yet supported.
Super Meat Boy: There is a pre-existing bug from Xbox 360 where controller input doesn’t behave correctly with controller 2.
Toy Soldiers: Online multi-player may sometimes get out of sync.
Toy Soldiers Cold War: Existing framerate degradations in 360 version may manifest slightly differently in Backward Compatibility version.
Zuma: There is a pre-existing bug from Xbox 360 where achievements that should be earned, are not always earned.
Zuma: Some users are not getting achievements. To make achievements work for a specific user (“User X”) you can perform the following workaround. This will require 2 user accounts (“User X” and “User Y”:
o Sign in “User X” and “User Y” into Xbox One.
o Choose “User Y” and start Zuma
o Proceed past the “Press A” to the main menu.
o Ensure that you have seen “User Y signed into Xbox LIVE” notification.
o Bring up the Xbox 360 Guide by pressing Menu and View buttons at the same time.
o Sign out “User Y”
o Sign in “User X”

Current Xbox 360 titles that are playable on Xbox One:

A Kingdom of Keflings
A World of Keflings
Alien Hominid HD
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
BattleBlock Theater
Defense Grid
Geometry Wars Evolved
Hexic HD
Jetpac Refuelled
Kameo
Mass Effect
N+
Perfect Dark
Perfect Dark Zero
Super Meat Boy*
Toy Soldiers: Cold War
Toy Soldiers
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
Zuma

*Cloud saved games are not supported for this title

Probably a moot question, but would or 360 game saves carry over? I'm going to assume no, but for some games I don't mind playing them again.

This. And no blue dragon sucks too.

I agree, but as I said before, please understand that this is not a complete list of the games they even showed on screen today, let alone the complete list of games to come this year or the "hundreds in the months to follow".

Now get that emulator running in Windows 10 and we are onto something. Make it official before some random hacker stumbles upon it while messing around with HyperV.

BibiMaghoo

I think oddly Saint's Row: The Third is the most notable thing on the list. It's current owner didn't get paid for the game upon release, and so has seemingly allowed this without reaping the original benefit from its sale.

Fair play to them.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Great feature for those who are looking to upgrade from the Xbox 360! And for those who already have an Xbox One but have missed some titles!

Occam

What about region locked games? What about niche titles? What about games by publishers who no longer exist?

Allowing publishers to decide if a game becomes playable is a bad idea.

I hope UMVC 3 makes it

Doubtful, as are MvC2, MvC:O, or really, any other Marvel game, as Disney took back the Marvel license from those who had it previously.

Forza 2 and 4 but no 3...wtf

As I previously stated, this is not a definitive list of games coming. This is simply what my eye caught and recognized. There were 10's of seconds where the list was scrolling and the camera feed was focused on the speaker, all the while, the roledex was still going. I didn't notice it loop until the very end of the video. Forza 3 may have been in there and I didn't catch it. Just because I didn't list it doesn't mean it wasn't there or isn't coming. It just means that I didn't see it.

Caja 117

Does it say anything about the games DLCs?, I have Dark Souls with AStoras and the only reason I havent sold my XBOX360,

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Alphabetical Order:

Alan Wake
Assassin's Creed
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Bayonetta
Bioshock
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway(?)
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood(?)
Cars 2
Child of Eden
Civilization Revolution
Clash of Heroes HD
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dead Space
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
Far Cry: Blood Dragon
Forza 2
Forza 4
Forza Horizon
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Halo 3
Halo CE: Anniversary Edition
Mass Effect
Ninja Gaiden 3
Pacman Championship Edition DX
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
Rayman Legends
Rayman Origins
Risen 3
Sacred 2
Saint's Row: The Third
Shadow Complex
Shadowrun
Sonic Adventure 2
Soul Caliber V
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Toy Story 3
Vanquish

Durante

The one thing that I'd really care about are the 360-exclusive JRPGs.

They are even mostly MS-published, they should get those to work :/

Top Bottom