• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile Beta Thread: There Is No Sanctuary in Wraeclast

i miss a red, fire like, weapon effect :/

3 of the 5 are green :O

I was thinking the same thing. But Azure and Lavender look damn nice.

Is this just a sampling or will this be all they have the first time out? I'm sure a lot more will come later, but the fact that Acid and the other green one look so much alike is crazy.

Definitely going to be playing a templar, but I never got into the closed beta for long enough to be able to do any serious buildcrafting.

Anyone have any interesting builds they'd like to share?

syko de4d

I hope we will get shoes special effects. Would love to leave a trail of fire, ice, acid etc. behind me :lol

edit
and i hope extra gore will be day one :/

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
are we gonna be able to buy points separate or do you have to buy the bronze packs and above ?

syko de4d

are we gonna be able to buy points separate or do you have to buy the bronze packs and above ?

the bronze, silver etc. packs will be gone in 4 hours (2hours before the OB starts).

After that you can buy different sizes of Point packages, the more you buy at once the less you pay per point in average.

Judging by their youtube channel it seems like they're showing off the purchase items every two hours(besides the pets). So maybe we will see some of the weapon animations in a little more than an hour?

So based on the patch notes you can have a skin change and a particle effect change for each equippable item? If so, that's sweet.

I was hoping they have the skill effects. I want the bloody ground slam one.

I'm pretty sure those and more are coming with the patch. I hope that's not the entire list, because that's not enough. I want to make my character unique.

syko de4d

I was hoping they have the skill effects. I want the bloody ground slam one.

this + extra gore would be great, blood everywhere xD

edit:

around 775870 registered accounts on pathofexile.com
Lets look how many new Accounts are in the next 6 hours ;D

edit2: 2min later

200 more in 2min :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can't sleep for shit... :(

Weapon effects look amazing!

I'm gonna be in the GAF Mumble server btw.

chi.eoreality.net

I'm gonna be there from launch till Sunday, 24/5 pretty much. I'll be in the Diablo 3 channel (lol).

JWong

Banned
Man, I need more information on Zealot's Oath.

Does regen calculate using Life percentage or ES percentage?
Does Life on Hit and Life Leech apply to ES instead of Life?

I need the OB Skilltree to play around with.

Tallyho

Neo Member
I'm away from my computer as I'd otherwise provide a link to a build. But I wanted to get thoughts on a tanky Templar build focused on lightning equipped with mace/shield. I planned to go up in witch tree area for crit/mace/lightning points and marauder area for life regen/life HP or leech/ shield points.

Is this a hypothetical survivable build with decent dps? I will probably be solo a good chunk of the time except for when a buddy is online.

Thanks!

JWong

Banned
no idea, hope life. Could be nice for full life build.

life on hit and life leech should nor work. There is a seperate other Keynode for Life Leech ES.

I hope Life too. My build idea kinda works around it like that, but I can deal with the other way around.

And then the Life on Hit and Life Leech gems would help me regen Life. I was thinking exactly what you were thinking since it made sense. Just making sure since Life Leech just increases Life Regen for a brief moment like flasks.

Quick question about this game. 2 friends and I are hoping to play together. I plan on going Witch, one is going Shadow, and another is going the warrior guy (blanking on his name). How much overlap and loot competition will there be between the Shadow and I (the Witch)? Will we be competing for skill gems and gear, or is the Shadow far enough from the Witch that we won't have to worry about arguing for gear?

Is this a hypothetical survivable build with decent dps? I will probably be solo a good chunk of the time except for when a buddy is online.

Thanks!

If you build it right, almost anything is hypothetically viable. A shield will give you a lot of extra defense, which is quite important in this game.

JWong

Banned
Quick question about this game. 2 friends and I are hoping to play together. I plan on going Witch, one is going Shadow, and another is going the warrior guy (blanking on his name). How much overlap and loot competition will there be between the Shadow and I (the Witch)? Will we be competing for skill gems and gear, or is the Shadow far enough from the Witch that we won't have to worry about arguing for gear?

Gear needs will depend on your build rather than the class. Witch and Shadow will have overlap if they both go spellcaster.

Magic Gear or higher and currency will have your name on it for a few moments if it drops for you. Since you guys are friends, I'm sure you can use that to give precedence to who it dropped for.

Skill gems won't matter as much and it might even be better in a group because you can help each other get good gems from quest rewards. Each class gets different rewards from quests.

I'm about to install the launcher, can't wait to play it later!

Kinda scared of the skill web but should be a good time regardless, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Burt

I think waiting for them to update the passive tree on their website is harder for me than waiting for the game to launch.

JWong

Banned
I think waiting for them to update the passive tree on their website is harder for me than waiting for the game to launch.

The skill tree calc is tied to the game servers. That's what I heard from them anyway.

It won't update until the game updates.

The way the passive tree on the website works is that it is updated to be the exact same as the tree in-game, so there won't be a website passive tree update until the game updates.

xclaw

I think I'll be buying a Basilisk first thing today when the store is open.

Odd request but I wonder if they'll make available or sell the ability to zoom and maneuver around the camera view like you see in some of their videos. I'm always wanting to zoom in to inspect characters.

Baffey

Neo Member
I think I'll be buying a Basilisk first thing today when the store is open.

Odd request but I wonder if they'll make available or sell the ability to zoom and maneuver around the camera view like you see in some of their videos. I'm always wanting to zoom in to inspect characters.

You can scroll to zoom in I believe.

Perkel

Banned
In 4 hour i will finally be able to play Diablo 3. Those years of waiting ! Tears in my eyes.

btw. I am waiting for my eye picking raven.

Zanosuke

How does patching work? The reason I'm asking is because I'm going away from 19 pm to 22 pm tonight. If I set a timer to run Path of Exile.exe at 20.30 pm, will the client start updating or do I have to click an accept button first?

Skab

How does patching work? The reason I'm asking is because I'm going away from 19 pm to 22 pm tonight. If I set a timer to run Path of Exile.exe at 20.30 pm, will the client start updating or do I have to click an accept button first?

As long as the patch is out, it will patch when you launch the game. So that should work.

I'm very much looking forward to this. Haven't played the game since last May but spend like 10 days playtime up to then. The servers will probably be hammered.

Perkel

Banned
In 4 hours I won't be able to play as I am assuming the servers will be getting hit HARD. Still, looking forward to it though.

They said they will do queue list so some people will need to wait for their playtime :D They said that when you log in after patch you will be on list. The faster you update the faster you will be on list.

and:

When the countdown hits two hours to go, we are closing sales of the Closed Beta kiwi packs. That leaves 2.5 hours from the time I'm writing this if you still want to upgrade! We've just crossed 250 Diamond packs purchased, which is an awesome milestone to hit before entering Open Beta. If you're new to Path of Exile and are confused about what's in the Closed Beta supporter packs, this video may be useful.

250 unique items from diamond supporters. That is awesome.

Arksy

I'm so impressed with this game I'm upgrading my support to either diamond or gold. Haven't decided yet. Currently in talks with GGG.

He does enough for the game with the publicity, praise and attention. He's already earned them thousands of dollars.

Yeah, with how much the Dev's talk with him and all I'm sure they are aware of it as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to help design a unique himself without being a diamond supporter.

Top Bottom