• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile Beta Thread: There Is No Sanctuary in Wraeclast

TGMIII

Launching the Path of Exile client causes my computer to have a Blue Screen of Death. How do I solve this?

There was an issue a while ago where out of date sound drivers were causing BSOD. Could also try updating any Visual C++ packages you have on your PC or if that doesn't work you should have dump logs found under C:/windows/minidump. Rar them and PM them to me and I'll have a closer look at what could be causing the crash.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
??
Sweep at my test char with 15% Attack Speed Passive = 0,86secs per Attack
Without the passive = 0,99secs/attack

Mace with 1,35attacks/sec = 0,86secs per ATtack
Mace with 1,20attacks/sec = 0,96secs per Attack

was it not that way. Before the patches sweep was not affected by attack speed and now it is affected?
What the heck! Maybe it was some other skill or something... now I'm confused.

syko de4d

Shouldn't it be effected by weapon speed?

Like what they did to ground slam?

sweep on my beta realm char is affected by attack speed and weapon speed. No idea if anything is different on Alpha.

I believe there is not one weapon attack skill anymore which is unaffected by these two, or?

Leather and Steel apparently only does the armor now for iron reflexes so I was wrong. I'm pretty sure it did both a while ago.

armor has diminishing returns the higher you go. Also the more damage something does, the worse armor is. In late game, stuff is going to be 2-3 shotting you anyways unless you have tons of health + armor. I would rather have health than armor.

Even in closed beta you can die to stuff when using 100% armor buffed granite flask.

You are going to have mana issues on Marauder unless you go blood magic. If not you are going to need more mana pots. In Open Beta they took out phase run so you need 1 extra pot for the speed. Add a granite flask and that leaves you like 1 pot for mana.

Problem with blood magic is that you can't use the % auras which are good for low mana characters such as yourself.

KKRT00

Leather and Steel apparently only does the armor now for iron reflexes so I was wrong. I'm pretty sure it did both a while ago.

armor has diminishing returns the higher you go. Also the more damage something does, the worse armor is. In late game, stuff is going to be 2-3 shotting you anyways unless you have tons of health + armor. I would rather have health than armor.

Even in closed beta you can die to stuff when using 100% armor buffed granite flask.

You are going to have mana issues on Marauder unless you go blood magic. If not you are going to need more mana pots. In Open Beta they took out phase run so you need 1 extra pot for the speed. Add a granite flask and that leaves you like 1 pot for mana.

Problem with blood magic is that you can't use the % auras which are good for low mana characters such as yourself.
You can always use blood magic support gem for the most expensive skills :)

There was an issue a while ago where out of date sound drivers were causing BSOD. Could also try updating any Visual C++ packages you have on your PC or if that doesn't work you should have dump logs found under C:/windows/minidump. Rar them and PM them to me and I'll have a closer look at what could be causing the crash.
Updating my sound card driver solved the problem.

Volodja

So close, yet so far.
I was gonna resist until the 23 butnow I have a beta, 250 chocolate coins and a Kiwi sitting in my micotransactions tab.

Oh well, I've made worse videogaming decisions in my life.

Baffey

Neo Member
Awesome OT. I was waiting for one of these. To show my appreciation here is a beta key. ENJOY.

FRWJ8-S62NH-SPFT9-7M2P8

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Very kind of Baffey! Congrats to ReverseFate :3

Macmanus

I really really really want this game to succeed. I think Chris Wilson and his team are phenomenal developers.

With that said, I don't really give a rats ass about cosmetic upgrades to my things via micro-transactions. In what ways can I financially support this product after release?

valeo

some are not that rare some are super ultra rare

And Uniques really are Unique, many of them can do things rare(yellow) items can´t do

There are even Unique End Game Maps ;)

This sold me.

That's all I wanted from D3 - unique items that were actually imaginative and interesting.

Plus, helps that these guys are Kiwis - want to support them. (i'm from Wellington :))

I really really really want this game to succeed. I think Chris Wilson and his team are phenomenal developers.

With that said, I don't really give a rats ass about cosmetic upgrades to my things via micro-transactions. In what ways can I financially support this product after release?

So far I think it's just stash tabs, character slots, and cosmetic stuff that's been announced.
=(

I think they also said some competitions and level race types of things could be pay to enter. That seems kind of awesome in a way.

I'm sure they'll come out with other things--I'm actually intrigued in the alternate spell effects, but I already have $50 invested that I'll need to spend somehow.

Baffey

Neo Member

They will have open beta supporter packs. Chris also mentioned that characters will be able to create their own leagues for a fee, and they could customize that league however they want.

Justin

Just destroyed cruel Vaal with my summoner. He was dead before he had the chance to submerge the second time. Looks like summoner will be my first OB build!

Yoshichan

Today was the first time I woke up, and realized that I had been dreaming about this game for (what felt to be) 8 hours non-stop. The amount of ideas I have for builds right now is insane... I'll write them all down at work.

SparkTR

If I pay $10 can I start playing now (in the closed beta), or is the only option to wait for open beta at this stage? I really want to play it.

Card Boy

Banned
If I pay $10 can I start playing now (in the closed beta), or is the only option to wait for open beta at this stage? I really want to play it.

You can pay 10 and play right now but your character will be wiped at open beta.

Just pay $15 for the $5 extra credit, soundtrack and forum title.

Pay $25. Do it for the kiwi!
content-kiwipack.png

Top Bottom