• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile is coming to Playstation 4 [Update: Out March 26th]

OverIt

Well, the good news is that it is just because of certification delays, so sounds like it is finished at least.

? I am not sure when path of exile will be fully finished, they just keep adding more and more cool content. I hope there is a Switch version soon.

? I am not sure when path of exile will be fully finished, they just keep adding more and more cool content. I hope there is a Switch version soon.

Oh sure, I just meant that the port is done. It's going to be great for PS4 players to be able to play - I've put in a ton of time on PC and Xbox.

I would love a Switch version.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
as long as they get the controlls right they can delay it for a year i wouldn't care lol
Since it’s been out on Xbox forever I’m sure they have gotten the controls to what they think is acceptable for controller standards.

That was never the worry.

GenericUser

Out of frustation, I picked up the Diablo 3 super duper hyper extreme alpha 3 edition today. 18 bucks, fuck it. I was and I still am really looking forward to path of exile, but I need my hack and slash fix right now.

Duallusion

NOOOO. Goddamit. I didn't buy that Vikings hack&slasher that was just on sale because I didn't want an overkill this month and now this shitty news.

GenericUser

NOOOO. Goddamit. I didn't buy that Vikings hack&slasher that was just on sale because I didn't want an overkill this month and now this shitty news.
yep, same as me. Saw D3 eternal collection on sale a week ago and said to myself "nah, fuck it, I'll wait till PoE drops". A real bummer.

Duallusion

yep, same as me. Saw D3 eternal collection on sale a week ago and said to myself "nah, fuck it, I'll wait till PoE drops". A real bummer.

My only hope left is Warhammer Inquisitor Martyr getting a price cut this month to tide me over. Already played the shit out of D3 while one run through Van Helsing I + II and Titan Quest felt more then enough.

GenericUser

They delayed the PS4 version AGAIN, but thankfully only by a couple of weeks. New release date is march 2019:

Still salty tbh. I soooo wanted to play this game in december last year.

OverIt

They delayed the PS4 version AGAIN, but thankfully only by a couple of weeks. New release date is march 2019:

Probably for the best. The new season starts on March 8th on PC. May as well launch with the new season instead of making the older season and delaying the new season.

Kagey K

Banned
You could have been playing it since then. You made a conscious choice not to. You can’t be mad at anyone at that point, it’s all on you,

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
what if he only have ps4? why so mad bruh?
Im not mad at all. Just pointing out fallacies in the complaint.

. He as a consumer has the right to purchase any product he sees fit and no competing product can stop him.

If he only has a PS4 or chose to only buy the PS4 that’s on him. If a company puts out a game I feel as strongly as he did about it, I would purchase the product I need to play said game.

He chose not to, which means h either didn’t care as much as he pretended to (on the internet? Unlikely that would ever happen)

Or it was faux outrage, just to be outraged.

Otherwise I’m sure he would have found a way between 2013 and now to play his most beloved game.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2458598

We are excited to announce that Path of Exile and our latest expansion, Synthesis, will be coming to PlayStation 4 on March 26th PDT. Tell your friends! We'll have more information about what to expect from launch as we get closer to the date. In the meantime, we're so excited to be bringing Path of Exile to our already-growing PlayStation community!

Last edited:

ODESZA

This is good news. I love ARPGs on a console. I even played through Titan Quest on PS4 and enjoyed it (as buggy/laggy as it was).

Last edited:
For those who don't want to use a build guide, and get enjoyment from trying their own builds, can you just pay five or ten dollars for a complete character respec, or are you just screwed unless you start again using a guide? I especially don't like knowing about late-game builds or abilities, so I'd much rather do my own thing, if I'm able. Playing Diablo 3 and trying each new skill as they were unlocked was one of the best parts.

Last edited:

bati

For those who don't want to use a build guide, and get enjoyment from trying their own builds, can you just pay five or ten dollars for a complete character respec, or are you just screwed unless you start again using a guide? I especially don't like knowing about late-game builds or abilities, so I'd much rather do my own thing, if I'm able. Playing Diablo 3 and trying each new skill as they were unlocked was one of the best parts.

Lmao as someone with a couple thousands hours in PoE I laughed at this so hard my eyes started bleeding.

Son, your first build will be terrible. And the next 300 probably as well. Get over yourself and start reading guides now in preparation for launch.

The game is too fucking good (best arpg of all time, by a mile - and yes the list includes D2 LoD) to get soured on it by banging your head against a brick wall because you didn't understand the mechanics.

Last edited:

bati

Anybody have a brief rundown of how this game’s monetization works?

This is how it works on the pc:

You buy supporter packs (include thematic mtx + points) or straight up points and spend them on whatever you like. The only thing for sale that has tangible effect on the gameplay is stash space. You start out with 4 tabs of 12x12, chest armour for example is 2x3, twohanders are 2x4.

People generally have an extremely positive attitude to the game's business model although most would probably agree that skins are extremely overpriced (40 bucks for an armour skin). However, the consensus among supporters is that they support the game because of how mind blowingly good it is, the skins are just a nice bonus.

Handy Fake

This is how it works on the pc:

You buy supporter packs (include thematic mtx + points) or straight up points and spend them on whatever you like. The only thing for sale that has tangible effect on the gameplay is stash space. You start out with 4 tabs of 12x12, chest armour for example is 2x3, twohanders are 2x4.

People generally have an extremely positive attitude to the game's business model although most would probably agree that skins are extremely overpriced (40 bucks for an armour skin). However, the consensus among supporters is that they support the game because of how mind blowingly good it is, the skins are just a nice bonus.

Aye, stash tabs tend to become an absolute must as you get into the game. But you can certainly play without putting money in, it just gets tricky juggling your inventory. Plus, you know, it's nice to collect uniques...

The rest are simply cosmetic and as said, I've been more than happy to drop £5 in here and there as the devs really deserve it. The content is mindboggling. 850-ish unique items at last count.

GenericUser

I'm hyped. Will be there day one. To any PoE veterans: would you say that watching guides before playing the game is adviseable or is experimenting and finding out stuff on your own the better approach?

Handy Fake

I'm hyped. Will be there day one. To any PoE veterans: would you say that watching guides before playing the game is adviseable or is experimenting and finding out stuff on your own the better approach?
I never watch guides. Quite frankly I like my builds to be organic as and when I find gear.
Probably not the best way to go but I find it the most fun. ;)
EDIT:

SAYING. THAT...

There's so much content now that if you're diving in first time it'll probably be worth checking out a few videos and guides just to see how things work.

Last edited:

Moneal

I would check out liftingnerdbro on youtube, he made some beginner guides that are pretty recent.

I would also check out the wiki to look at the skills, just to see which intrigue you the most, then check the forums or youtube for some build guides for that skill. some skills require other skills or mechanics to work properly and its not the most intuitive of games. though once you get into it you start seeing things and the whole thing opens up. I now spend more time creating builds than I do playing. also I would download Path of Building ahead of time to help get your head around the passive tree, it looks very daunting when you get started.

Lmao as someone with a couple thousands hours in PoE I laughed at this so hard my eyes started bleeding.

Son, your first build will be terrible. And the next 300 probably as well. Get over yourself and start reading guides now in preparation for launch.

I don't need to "get over myself," and I'm fully prepared for my first build to not be viable for endgame content, which was the entire reason I asked the question in the first place. The question which you completely ignored.

I never watch guides. Quite frankly I like my builds to be organic as and when I find gear.
Probably not the best way to go but I find it the most fun.

Yep, I'm the same way.

I would check out liftingnerdbro on youtube, he made some beginner guides that are pretty recent.

I would also check out the wiki to look at the skills, just to see which intrigue you the most, then check the forums or youtube for some build guides for that skill. some skills require other skills or mechanics to work properly and its not the most intuitive of games. though once you get into it you start seeing things and the whole thing opens up. I now spend more time creating builds than I do playing. also I would download Path of Building ahead of time to help get your head around the passive tree, it looks very daunting when you get started.

Thanks for the advice. Seeing as you both have experience with the game, could either of you answer the question I asked earlier in the thread?

If I want to do my own thing with my first build, can I just pay five or ten dollars for a complete character respec, or will I be screwed unless I start over again using a guide?

bati

I don't need to "get over myself," and I'm fully prepared for my first build to not be viable for endgame content, which was the entire reason I asked the question in the first place. The question which you completely ignored.

Yep, I'm the same way.

Thanks for the advice. Seeing as you both have experience with the game, could either of you answer the question I asked earlier in the thread?

If I want to do my own thing with my first build, can I just pay five or ten dollars for a complete character respec, or will I be screwed unless I start over again using a guide?

There is no such option on the PC and likely won't be available on the console either. To my knowledge the store on Xbox offers the same options as on pc, so PS4 will likely follow the same path.

You can however use orbs of regret to fully respect your character. They drop in-game and you can also buy them from other players. The cost is not so high that it would be completely out of the question to choose this option but most experienced players would rather level a new character as it would likely be more cost effective to them.

Each orb of regret gives you back one skill point. Over the course of the game you get around 120 skill points (depending on choices) and 8 ascendancy points (used for class specialization). You also get 25ish refund points (equal to 25 orbs of regret) just by doing the quests. Each regular skill point requires one orb of regret to refund, each ascendancy point requires 5.

Handy Fake

Yep, I'm the same way.

There is no such option on the PC and likely won't be available on the console either. To my knowledge the store on Xbox offers the same options as on pc, so PS4 will likely follow the same path.

You can however use orbs of regret to fully respect your character. They drop in-game and you can also buy them from other players. The cost is not so high that it would be completely out of the question to choose this option but most experienced players would rather level a new character as it would likely be more cost effective to them.

Each orb of regret gives you back one skill point. Over the course of the game you get around 120 skill points (depending on choices) and 8 ascendancy points (used for class specialization). You also get 25ish refund points (equal to 25 orbs of regret) just by doing the quests. Each regular skill point requires one orb of regret to refund, each ascendancy point requires 5.

As Bati says.

You'll tend to find that you rarely if ever need a "full" respec anyway; the initial 20/30 nodes tend to be the "no-brainer" nodes that you'd choose anyway. And yeah, Regret Orbs tend to drop fairly frequently I find. It adds a bit of tactics to the game when it comes to respec-ing as well. Part of the fun. ;)
EDIT: bati bati , can't you just buy them from Vendors too later on? I can't remember... Seem to recall it costing two Scouring Orbs...

Last edited:

bati

As Bati says.

You'll tend to find that you rarely if ever need a "full" respec anyway; the initial 20/30 nodes tend to be the "no-brainer" nodes that you'd choose anyway. And yeah, Regret Orbs tend to drop fairly frequently I find. It adds a bit of tactics to the game when it comes to respec-ing as well. Part of the fun. ;)
EDIT: bati bati , can't you just buy them from Vendors too later on? I can't remember... Seem to recall it costing two Scouring Orbs...

Yes that is possible but depending on the time in the league it might be cheaper to buy them from other players. Plus it allows you to use other currencies that you might not have any use for (for example alterations if you're not trying to craft).

Although I'd recommend to always check conversions into chaos first as there's a lot of margin trading going on in PoE

Top Bottom