• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Patty Jenkins‘ ‘Wonder Woman 3’ Not Moving Forward as DC Movies Hit Turning Point (Affleck out of Aquaman too)

ManaByte

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...an-3-not-moving-forward-dc-movies-1235276804/

Multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Patty Jenkins Wonder Woman 3 is not moving forward and is considered dead in its current incarnation.

Sources say that Jenkins recently submitted her treatment, co-written with Geoff Johns, and that Gunn and Safran, as well as Warner Bros. Pictures co-chairs and co-CEOs Michael De Luca and Pamela Abdy, broke the news to the filmmaker, telling her the project — as it stood — did not fit in with the new (but still unfolding) plans. Jenkins directed and co-wrote the previous two movies, starring Gal Gadot and released in 2017 and 2020. No decision has been made about next steps.

Also Affleck has been cut out of Aquaman 2:
https://thedirect.com/article/ben-affleck-aquaman-2-cameo

ManaByte

Uh oh...

The first, which builds on the shuttering of Jenkins’ Wonder Woman 3, is the closing curtain of the Snyderverse, and the heroes cast by filmmaker Zack Snyder for his Justice League. This one sees the shutting down of Man of Steel 2, with a returning Henry Cavill, and having no more Aquaman, fronted by Jason Momoa.

Doom85

parks and rec computer GIF

LordCBH

Can’t say I blame them. WW1984 was fucking awful. I adore Gal in the role, but WW needs a new way forward

Screw the connected universe.

Just make good standalone movies.

Look how fucking awesome JOKER is.

Also aren't people burnt out on the connected universe. MCU has nosedived. That should be a sign people are growing tired of the same shit. DC will need at least a decade to build up anything like The Avengers.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
At this point DC has enough footage they WON'T release it could be a subscription channel all on its own :p

Any word on the Keanu Constantin?

I wonder if dumping Gal (and Mamoa? Cavil and Affleck as well if I'm reading that right?) is to cut actor costs because Gunn thinks a good script doesn't need expensive actors.

Madflavor

I mean is it even worth doing a reboot at a time when the comic book genre in general is losing steam? Even the MCU is suffering diminishing returns. Superhero Movies used to be Event Films, now they're a dime a dozen. IMO Warner Bros should focus on other projects, they've shown time and time again they are wildly incompetent at managing a superhero franchise.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Not totally surprised, but this whole DC thing has been a shit show and Discovery CNN HBO takeover isn't helping.

On top of this WW84 was the most retarded blockbuster script/plot I've ever experienced.

Rumors are bubbling up that Lizzo is in talks to take over the role of Wonder Woman. Executives remarked that they were looking for a more inclusive Wonder Woman with healthier body proportions.
KbebRiN.jpg

/\probably still better than WW84

Last edited:

Toons

Banned
I didnt hate either of the movies tbh.

But im cautious about the whole scorched earth thing. They had a solid aquaman going and knowing there won't be a continuation kinds makes me lose interest.

I trust Gunn, but I hope he doesn't get overambitious.

Affleck though? He can go. Never cared for his writing. I'll take WW84 over BvS any day.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
DC is usually awful in their adaptations, except for the stand alone Batman movies. WW was the only bright spot in terms of introducing a beloved character, and Gal with her very limited acting abilities, did deliver a good fish out of water experience. All the rest of the DC stuff is kinda nonsense garbage imo (Aquaman, WW84, Justice League, etc).

I do think they need a restart. The fear I have is that Gunn would go the funny route, because that's how he directs everything, and tbh I'm kinda bored with his humor of subverting expectations. I feel like humor has become dumber and dumber. I want smart shit.

Good. First WW was decent, but Gadot was never quite right for the role IMO.

And the less said about WW84, the better.

Just move on from the Snyderverse and throw out all the trash that came with it (which is almost all of it, tbh).

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Henry Cavill out as Superman?

WTF!!!!

Someone please link me the source for this. The dude just quit Witcher.

It's coming from The Hollywood Reporter, which generally only reports on this kind of stuff when it has decent information coming from within the company. Sounds like Gunn and Safran want to get out ahead of their complete reboot to soften people up.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...an-3-not-moving-forward-dc-movies-1235276804/

The first, which builds on the shuttering of Jenkins’ Wonder Woman 3, is the closing curtain of the Snyderverse, and the heroes cast by filmmaker Zack Snyder for his Justice League. This one sees the shutting down of Man of Steel 2, with a returning Henry Cavill, and having no more Aquaman, fronted by Jason Momoa.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
I didn't realise Dany Garcia also managed Henry Cavill. Makes sense why The Rock was pushing for him so much.

Top Bottom