• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Feig Threatens to Unleash a 3 1/2 Hour Cut of Ghostbusters 2016

MetalAlien

Banned
Is euthanasia legal in the us?
I don't think it is but if they released a version of this (GB 2016) movie that is only the opening and closing credits i'll watch it.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
him threatening this is probably more clever comedy than the whole original movie

Its like he knew it was shit but just got paid

Some directors just get to that point i guess...i would really love to know what was going through shane blacks head on the Predator
as it was almost like a competition to see who could make the crappiest movie

mcjmetroid

Based on the previous thread he's really trying rewrite history and make this movie out to be sort of brave pioneering film that was too ahead of his time isn't he?

If he was smart he's drop this movie and do something else.

This guy HAS done good movies. Drop it and move on.

Coily

Banned
I know one guy who won't watch it.

I hate to be harsh to Paul Feig and all of the people involved, but that movie deserved to fail after the abuse they hurled at James Rolfe for refusing to watch their shitty film.

this is exactly what I did,
just liek Rolfe, I refused to watch this movie.

Same thing with the the Robocop reboot, I refused to watch it.

I love the original Ghostbusters and I love the original Robocop. own the BluRays, watch them over and over.
I don't need to watch shitty neo-Hollywood reboots/ remakes. that are 100x worse than the originals.

You can also keep your brain clear; just don't watch shitty reboots/ remakes.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
That Chinese delivery guy stiffed her again! Oh man that was some rich comedy gold!!!

The joke makes a lot of sense, too. I know that when I order food that I'm not happy with, I order it again. And when I'm unhappy with it a 2nd time, I order it a 3rd. So I can really relate to that amazing joke setup!

And the joke at the end about how the bad guy must have dropped his "V-card" on the floor, which would suggest he lost his virginity, but was positioned as an insult about him still being a virgin, was another masterfully crafted joke by the incredible comedy genius Melissa McCarthy!

sobaka770

Banned
What is it with shit directors coming up with crazy idea that they were just misunderstood while their movies were garbage to begin with? The ego on these guys is just increadible.

Snyder's cut will be a disaster we can all enjoy with popcorn and glee but Ghostbusters has no redeeming qualities. It wasn't even so bad it's good kind of movie, it was just insulting, horrifying and career-ending kind of shlock.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Based on the previous thread he's really trying rewrite history and make this movie out to be sort of brave pioneering film that was too ahead of his time isn't he?

If he was smart he's drop this movie and do something else.

This guy HAS done good movies. Drop it and move on.

Yep. He’s irrevocably tying his brand to this film, more than it already was, which is the exact opposite of what you want to do when you have a misfire.

He’s permanently becoming the Ghostbusters 2016 guy, and the butthurt wojak, at the same time.

Blade2.0

Man, just think if that reboot had turned out good. But it didn't. Just an hour and a half plus of close ups on the star's faces trying to improv funny bits. Barely an establishing shot anywhere. It's the go-to film when I try to tell people that a good writing staff can make all the difference in the world.

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned
When I was a very small child, Ghostbusters 2 was my favorite movie. I rewatched it recently and it is on par with 2016 Ghostbusters.

Ghostbusters 2 is indeed complete crap. It starts out "okay" (the scene in the sewers/drains was pretty cool), but the end (with the statue of liberty & singing) was some of the cringiest, most obnoxious stuff in a blockbuster at the time. But, it has the excuse it was made in the 1980's (even the "classics" of that era can appear like cringe-fests at times), whereas 2016 Ghostbusters is simply a total pile of shit, from top to bottom, from its conception through to its final cut.

Also, despite the cliché (i.e. Hollywood is all about money), the fact Paul Feig is even still employed as a director/writer & works in the industry is unbelievable considering the financial flop of the 2016 Ghostbusters. I guess failure is rewarded when someone has the "correct" political credentials in that city.

Reactions: Gp1

#Phonepunk#

Banned
was thinking about this movie, how poorly done the male characters are. Chris Hemsworth's idiot beefcake Kevin is really insulting. Janine was never treated that way, sexualized and oogled by the male characters, treated like a moron. making Kevin a parody of the Mimbo was one of the worst decisions of the movie. the anti-men misandrist messaging effectively shows the Ghostbusters themselves to be superficial idiots. they hired this dullard to work for them because they thought he was sexy. again, did that ever happen to Janine? she had amazing qualifications and was super capable in every scene. many of the men in this movie are horrible stupid people, but they apparently believed in this agenda so much, they had to poison the group themselves. towards the end, he gets possessed, and you get the sense they love him like they would love a dog. they do treat him that way, as less than a person, just an object. as a man i found it all dehumanizing. it also made me take the world less seriously. because obviously if he doesn't know the difference between his ears and his eyes, he can't do a good job as an employee. but for some reason we shouldn't think about that, the only non-GB member of the organization, being terrible at his job, and how on earth they stay in business with this moron running things. we shouldn't think about how he actually fits in, outside of the scenes where he is of import to the plot. he is not stupid for any plot reasons, and oddly enough his dumbness never comes up once he gets possessed or super powers, despite that being a perfect time for some comedy. he is stupid solely to show how superficially horny these women are that they would hire a mentally challenged person so long as they could sexually objectify them. in the back of your mind, it highlights how unlikable the heroes are and it makes their organization seem destined to fail. it is terrible writing all around that harms the film in ways the first two never did.

also im wondering, wouldn't it be funny to shoot a gender-swapped version of this movie? i really want to see that. imagine all the men swapped with women and women swapped with men. instead of a stupid male mayor it is a dumb woman mayor who is too stupid to understand a magic trick. instead of pussy and queef jokes, there are dick and ball jokes (this is the one joke you would have to rewrite, the rest of the movie can remain as scripted just replacing names). instead of Kevin there is a bimbo secretary who has her tits out in every scene and she is a total idiot but they hire her because they want to fuck her. every scene has her saying something dumb and then bending over for the camera. the main villain is an ugly woman who is called "freak" and who kills herself while our male heroes look on. at the end of the movie the villain turns into a giant cartoon woman who the team defeats by all shooting her in the vagina.

it would be pretty funny. a good way to parody male feminism and how poorly thought out this film was.

Last edited:

Codswallop_

Neophyte
Can't imagine there was any actual good content they cut, so an extra hour of ad-libbed queef and diarrhea jokes basically.

sCHOCOLATE

also im wondering, wouldn't it be funny to shoot a gender-swapped version of this movie? i really want to see that. imagine all the men swapped with women and women swapped with men. instead of a stupid male mayor it is a dumb woman mayor who is too stupid to understand a magic trick. instead of pussy and queef jokes, there are dick and ball jokes (this is the one joke you would have to rewrite, the rest of the movie can remain as scripted just replacing names). instead of Kevin there is a bimbo secretary who has her tits out in every scene and she is a total idiot but they hire her because they want to fuck her. every scene has her saying something dumb and then bending over for the camera. the main villain is an ugly woman who is called "freak" and who kills herself while our male heroes look on. at the end of the movie the villain turns into a giant cartoon woman who the team defeats by all shooting her in the vagina.

it would be pretty funny. a good way to parody male feminism and how poorly thought out this film was.
I swear I saw something like this on PH...

Chris Hemsworth is the best part of the film.
I would agree with this, and go one step further to say his actually being genuinely funny a lot of the time (shit like Mike Hat aside), was what directly led to Thor Ragnarok shifting away from the dreary space fantasy of the previous movies to the awesome, light hearted, ridiculously over the top, technicolour space opera it was.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Chris was terrible. struggling to think of a "best part of the film". not a single joke or gag landed.

his whole "comedy" schtick being this mock humility, him acting like an idiot, him dressing up like a fat man who is a loser at everything, etc. it's really just old "Men are dumb" tropes that have been around for decades by now, at this point it really shows how Hollywood thinks of it's audience. just a super rich supermodel looking dude slumming it as an idiot or oaf. nah, i don't find it all that charming.

dude is an embarrassment at this point. if there was a Blackface for white men, he would be it.

Last edited:

Airola

Chris was terrible. struggling to think of a "best part of the film". not a single joke or gag landed.

his whole "comedy" schtick being this mock humility, him acting like an idiot, him dressing up like a fat man who is a loser at everything, etc. it's really just old "Men are dumb" tropes that have been around for decades by now, at this point it really shows how Hollywood thinks of it's audience. just a super rich supermodel looking dude slumming it as an idiot or oaf. nah, i don't find it all that charming.

dude is an embarrassment at this point. if there was a Blackface for white men, he would be it.

Have you become a male version of a bitter whining female now?

It's ok to have stereotypes and it's ok to have people painted as dumb in movies. Just because there are people who whine about faulty representations in movies doesn't mean we have to do the same thing.

Hemsworth was the funniest thing in the whole movie (doesn't necessarily mean much though). It proved that sexist jokes and stereotypes are funny and movies should have more of that, regardless of who it is aimed at.

Top Bottom