• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Ryan roasts Trump, Schumer at NYC political dinner

Beartruck

Taken in isolation, those are pretty solid jabs. But in context, yeah, this is still, "Trump's a shitbag, but I won't do anything about it."

Hopefully Trump will be completely unable to let any of this go and end up putting even more grist in the gears of the GOP agenda.
If Trump hears about this this he'll blow his top. I fully expect his next tweet to be "MEET ME SOMEWHERE."

Alright the Twitter one was pretty good. Some self-awareness by this shit-heel is surprising.
That Twitter one made me think how in 2-3 years time, there’s going to be a section in history textbooks about “President Trump’s unorthodox use of social media and Twitter”, much like how textbooks mention Roosevelt and his use of the radio through fireside chats. Between him being the first POTUS to use social media so brazenly and bans being struck down in part due to Tweets, Twitter is going to be in the history books.

Oh man he really let him have it! Hilarious! Hopefully putting together these zingers didn’t eat too much of his fucking-over-the-filthy-browns-and-poors time! The country won’t disintegrate by itself!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Some of these are pretty funny, but then you realize that he's also the guy letting it happen. So it's kind of like watching someone stream themselves driving a bus while drunk, while posting "lol I'm so drunk but behind the wheel right now lol I'm so crazy #norules" online.

Jarmel

Banned
That Twitter one made me think how in 2-3 years time, there’s going to be a section in history textbooks about “President Trump’s unorthodox use of social media and Twitter”, much like how textbooks mention Roosevelt and his use of the radio through fireside chats. Between him being the first POTUS to use social media so brazenly and bans being struck down in part due to Tweets, Twitter is going to be in the history books.
Can you imagine future generations reading Trump Tweets in history books? Sad!

TopDreg

Wow. So, uh, the GOP now has the signal to really blast Trump. I mean, fuck the GOP and all that. But this still feels like a large step forward.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Now that Paul ryan has shown his sense of humor he can continue to be a joke speaker of the house

Now we can take comfort in the fact that Republican leaders don't lack self-awareness, like many of their constituents; they just lack integrity.

It's easy to criticize. It's harder to act. Paul Ryan makes that evident.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
From a humor perspective, some of those are fantastic.

From a "You know this and are doing nothing about it" perspective, it's depressing.

Strike

Screen%20Shot%202012-10-12%20at%2012.41.15%20PM.png

I'd tell him to not quit his day job, but it's not like he's particularly great at that either and he'd probably be replaced with someone worse.

I mean, he could try doing something about it instead of making jokes.
Of course he won't because his best chance of getting re-elected is to kiss up to Trump.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Pretty solid roast jokes I guess. Much better than the ones Trump subjected people to.

I’ll always give people a pass for self-depreciation. Doesn’t make me like him, but I’m not clutching my pearls. You can make a winking self-deprecating joke while not actually believing it’s premise is based in reality.

ReAxion

surprised the rejected SNL writer who wrote these didn't flat out say "orange buffoon" or "cheeto in chief"

hack shit. paul ryan retire bitch.

surprised the rejected SNL writer who wrote these didn't flat out say "orange buffoon" or "cheeto in chief"

hack shit. paul ryan retire bitch.

Seriously, liberals, stop applauding terrible, regressive people making hacky “roast” jokes just because the target is Trump.

Fuck off Paul Ryan.

Game-Biz

Trump's base hates Ryan more than the average liberal. I mean The_Donald has been wanting him crucified for months. When they hear of this, they're going to fucking explode.

He had really good writers for this. But man, what a weird world to see Paul Ryan of all fucking people roasting Trump (hard).

Nothing makes sense anymore, hahaha.

hydruxo

Making jokes about Putin always listening while doing nothing about it. Nice.

Paul Ryan is a joke in and of himself tbh.

Top Bottom