• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Paula White says saying 'no' to Trump is like saying 'no' to God...

womfalcs3

May 11, 2007
Paula White, the Evangelical pastor that has joined the White House as a Spiritual Adviser, a month ago: "To say no to Trump would be saying no to God." What??

I knew Trump supporters were nuts, but this is plain proof.

• Triggered
Reactions: llien and Ailynn

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
Lol imagine at your job there’s someone there with a title of “spiritual adviser”. How crazy is that?

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
most presidents have spiritual advisers, it's a job where you'd want to seldom lean on the seat of someone's deeper insights

not that crazy
Trump: I don't know about these drone strikes. We're killing a lot of innocent civilians.
Paula: Oh, honey. They're the devil's children. You're doing God's work!
Trump: *Ramps up drone strikes over the previous administration and signs an executive order to not report civilian casualties*

I dunno, maybe I'm being facetious, but I wonder if things like that do occur.

Last edited:

Kittehkraken

Jan 14, 2017
Makes you wonder. Are evangelical voters being fooled? We know Trump doesn't have a Christian bone in his body (adulterer, involved in bribery, etc.).
I'm sure Trump was only having pure Christian thoughts in that moment. A total gentlemen helping a lady with her chair like that.

• LOL
Reactions: Tesseract
Dec 15, 2011
Haha. "Man assists woman into chair" - typically seen as a sign of good manners.

Not these days. Whilst we skip over the fact this has always been an example of the inequality between sexes but is never an issue because it's the right kind of inequality, nope. Today men do it to sexually assault women with their eyes. Woman are helpless victims once again.

God bless the Narrative! Halleujah!

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
Paula White, the Evangelical pastor that has joined the White House as a Spiritual Adviser, a month ago: "To say no to Trump would be saying no to God." What??

I knew Trump supporters were nuts, but this is plain proof.
Yeah because throwing gays from rooftops and stoning women to death is the epitome of sanity. :pie_eyeroll:

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Makes you wonder. Are evangelical voters being fooled? We know Trump doesn't have a Christian bone in his body (adulterer, involved in bribery, etc.).
Correct. If Trump were actually God he would not need to look down as he helped someone with their chair. He could simply move the chair with his holy will from across the room with his eyes closed while saving babies from polio.

Seriously, though, here's a shocking idea: listen to Christian representatives that support Trump actually talk about Trump. I know, crazy, right. As an atheist, I was scared tuning in might cause me to burst into flames, but, thankfully for my couch, I did not.

But I did learn something completely not shocking! Evangelical voters are actually not complete morons 'being fooled' into thinking Trump is a Saint. They know he has sinned and is, in fact, a dirty dirty sin merchant. But - and again, I'm only speaking for the couple I've listened to speak on the subject - they believe it is righteous to vote for him because the left have become cackling baby sacrificing demons that support 4th term abortions, chemically castrating 8 year old boys, and are normalizing pizza parties, among other biblically questionable activities.

But hey, don't take me as a representitve. I'm a non-believer, so you should use the internet and check for yourself. Or, maybe, you can simply not jump from a picture of Trump helping someone with their chair to 'are evangelical voters being fooled'. Makes you wonder.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
Trump isn't the first and sure as hell won't be the last to lie and pander to religious voters. Republicans have been grifting religious Christian voters for decades by pretending to give a damn about their values and morals.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Republicans have been grifting religious Christian voters for decades by pretending to give a damn about their values and morals.
given the supreme court & recent actions against abortion, they've done more than pretend
in politics you make do with what you have. were progressive voters fooled by Hillary, who doesn't actually follow through any progressive legislation, but only pursues a pro-war, pro-money agenda, despite the woke marketing? no, they realize she is flawed and don't care, they see her as the lesser of two evils. they voted for her "progressive values" even though she had a hand in creating ICE and the child concentration camps.

we are only given 2 options, you vote one or the other or you decide to not be counted at all. it's called being practical. voters have to do this by necessity, because we are only given a binary set of options.

if you pretend every evangelical is a purist strawman then of course it doesn't make sense. if you look at them like real people, then when they are given a choice of A or B, and A is more friendly to their political goals, what person wouldn't choose A?

Last edited:

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
Her title should be changed to "Spiritual Yes-Woman" imo. An adviser is supposed to advise you on things, not blindly agree with every decision you make.

Also, she's damn attractive for a 53 year old

:pie_thinking:

Last edited:

The Pleasure

Jan 8, 2019
I thought it was kanye west jesus is tha lordaaaa king of Christian billionaires that said he was the one tru king

quickwhips

Jan 26, 2009
Trump isn't the first and sure as hell won't be the last to lie and pander to religious voters. Republicans have been grifting religious Christian voters for decades by pretending to give a damn about their values and morals.
Do you believe democrats don’t do this? I have a bridge for sell do you want to buy it?

Mohonky

Jan 19, 2007
Religious zealots are fucking weird.

The idea that a politician has been somehow appointed by a higher power.....if someone said that to me I'd probably have to slap them for the sheer stupidity.