• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX South 2015 Attendees Thread Jan 23-25

akileese

I went back to the hotel early tonight. Kiddo isn't feeling too hot. I picked up Superfight and the R-Rated expansion today though! Looking to get sentinel tactics tomorrow as well. If anyone wants to play superfight let me know and we can set something up in the tabletop room.

krae_man

Going to Round 2 of the Omegathon, then call it a night. Figure I should actually spend time with my family since they're giving me a free room and food while I'm in town.

GAF meet-up is still going down Saturday night, right?

Yes

Aye brehs someone shout neogaf in this giant bomb line. Also what's the deal with a gaf meetup?

I'll hold up somewhere after the panel is over and herd the group then we will head off somewhere.

I have a GAF shirt on so I shouldn't be too hard to find.

Aye brehs someone shout neogaf in this giant bomb line. Also what's the deal with a gaf meetup?

Well I'm not volunteering but the guy in front of me looks like bizzaro gerstman and is taking pills out of his friends backpack and losing his shit. Maybe I could convince him to.
#notanarc

mcw

This PAX is definitely smaller and less crazy than Prime or East. That's actually kinda refreshing-- the venue is great and has a lot of cool stuff nearby, so I can take time to visit some of the locations within walking distance.

If you've never been to a PAX, know that Prime is much larger-- it takes place across several buildings, one of which is a giant convention center that is being used in its entirety, all six floors-- and it traditionally has had a much larger Expo Hall as well. But it's also completely insane. You need to get in line for stuff so early that you miss almost everything else.

Allforce

The Nintendo "booth" is laughable. The guy in line with me is at his first PAX and he said how disappointed he was.

You're literally better off just going to GameStop and playing the 3ds in the demo kiosk

Hylian7

I unfortunately missed the Giant Bomb line. I'll probably make the other GB panel this weekend.

I'm hanging out in the BYOC room right now, might head home soon (I live in Austin, so I just am day tripping it every day this weekend)

I left earlier than I expected and missed the two panels from today that I had wanted to go to, but it seems the 404 was packed anyway so knowing my luck I wouldn't have gotten in.

Also, I plan on playing more stuff than I did today, I spent most of my time walking around taking it all in and looking at merch booths than doing what I had intended.

Fuck it I'm tired. Will party tomorrow. Left at 2am this morning to drive and walked around a good part of the day. 5 panels were seen.

What merch is worth getting? Anyone seen any beenies?

I wonder if this one will get as big as PAX East has - i went in 2010 to east and it was fairly small. Now it's apparently just a huge and impossible to get around as pax prime.

I probably should go to this one at some point - having a 15 month old this year means the timing is wrong for now.

JC Lately

Day two line begins.

Yesterday I was pretty panel-heavy. I'm going to spend more time I the expo hall today.

BTW, if Dr. Schols ever needs a spokesmn for those gel insoles, I'll gladly volunteer. Those things are a fucking life saver.

H1PSTER

Is there any thing to do with Cards Against Humanity? Would any of you be able to pick up something and ship it to England for me? Of course I'd pay you for the favour :).

Top Bottom