• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX uninvites Colin Moriarty (PAX refuses refunds, Colin to refund 20 people out of own pocket)

Shai-Tan

Banned
Is this a gaming discussion or a political one?

Gaming community discussion often devolves into politics. The problem I guess is people in offtopic don't want political topics either and the politics subforum seems to be a place for hyperpartisan political discussion not politics related topics like this.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
4c6.jpg

Did Colin trigger you?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Clearly he did.

Don't worry, you should hopefully get over the brainwashing you experienced sooner or later. I would suggest actually contributing something of value to this discussion though.

Gaming community discussion often devolves into politics. The problem I guess is people in offtopic don't want political topics either and the politics subforum seems to be a place for hyperpartisan political discussion not politics related topics like this.

Hardly. Outside of the silly, childish derailing attempt above, most "political" discussions are hardly political in gaming. People calling out censorship, ideological garbage, and blatant pandering (the vast majority of "political" discussions on gaming) isn't what you claim they are. Just gamers tired of the BS.

Last edited:

Xenon

The thing that is interesting to me is the fact that they had to have known who he was when they booked him. Was this done for free advertising for PAX via controversy? Look at how many people are talking about it. So many people surrounding and living off this industry who don't actually produce games have used political posturing to draw in their audiences and fill their patreon coffers. I can definitely see this being a manufactured controversy at the expense of someone they dislike.

Ban Puncher

It doesn't sound that crazy to me.

Penn Jillette explaining his personal libertarian outlook in a concise but candid manner to his peers isn't the same as internet bozos who 100% serious slap NO STEP ON SNEK banners all over their social media accounts and the bumpers of their cars because they read the Wikipedia synopsis of Atlus Shrugged in the same way that second year college kids wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt with flip flops and smelling of the electric lettuce claim they are experts on communism.

Full disclosure - I know sweet bugger all about Colin Moriarty outside of whenever I see his name pop-up on gaming websites it seems to be Colin talking about Colin or people talking about Colin because of what Colin said about Colin rather than Colin talking about video games. I just like the flag memes.

fdb.jpg

JimiNutz

Banned
I know that he doesn't need it because he's probably richer than I am anyway but this whole fiasco has made me want to pledge to Colins' Patreon and I'm usually not one to pay for otherwise free shit.

joe_zazen

Anyone looking to videogame commentators and narcissistic magicians for advice on how to build a society, just no. American libertarianism is the

Noam Chomsky said:
extreme advocation of total tyranny and the extreme opposite of what's been called libertarian in every other part of the world since the Enlightenment.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I forgot about the whole Colin/Kinda Funny mess. Reading anything about Colin bring to memory how his "friends" completely fucked him over a harmless joke. Couldn't believe Greg wasn't staunch in his corner.

The whole crew rolled over on him in fear of public reaction.

They had a get together several weeks after the incident on Kinda Funny where Colin joined them and they kinda "made up" or whatever and wished him well, but it felt really forced, and since then they haven't been together on there at all, and Colin said once that he reached out to Greg several times and he really doesn't want anything to do with Colin anymore, so he just kinda gave up. So yeah, I think it was a publicity stunt, damage control by Kinda Funny. Colin's fans were harassing and downvoting all their videos and they needed to nip it in the bud.

I think Greg and Tim seem like nice guys, but when you let fake woke bullshit get in the way of friendship, you aren't a real friend. Colin supported Greg when he had cancer, that should be brotherhood for life, but no... a joke on twitter and that's the end of it. It was a pussy move, and I doubt Greg even really cared that much tbh, but he was going for self-preservation first instead of loyalty to a friend.

Last edited:
Mods, please update the OP! Looks like PAX has refused to give out refunds on those that truly wanted to see Colin's panel. Now Colin will give out refunds to 20 people out of his own pocket

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
He got banned from REEEEEEE, so he’s filling his time by spamming pictures here instead.

Imagine having so little of a life to troll a forum.

As an aside, I had a few buddies of mine report the twitter account that threatened Colin and nothing has been done so far to the account (at least not anything that was notified to them). Apparently advocating violence is fine as long as they do not lean to the far-left.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Imagine having so little of a life to troll a forum.

As an aside, I had a few buddies of mine report the twitter account that threatened Colin and nothing has been done so far to the account (at least not anything that was notified to them). Apparently advocating violence is fine as long as they do not lean to the far-left.
It's twitter man xD

Paracelsus

It's twitter man xD

People got fired or got sources of income cut permanently over twitter. It's their favorite hobby.
If there was one place on the whole internet that needed to be shut down by the government, or have the entire US audience shadowbanned, is Twitter.

Last edited:

Petrae

People got fired or got sources of income cut permanently over twitter. It's their favorite hobby.
If there was one place on the whole internet that needed to be shut down by the government, or have the entire US audience shadowbanned, is Twitter.

People got fired or got sources of income cut permanently because they were stupid enough to use a public forum to air controversial/offensive stuff. It’s a willful decision to post shit on Twitter— and if people use it stupidly, they deserve what they get.

It’s not like social media or the potential consequences of posting certain things on social media are new concepts. People have been getting fired because of social media stupidity for over a decade. If they were smart, they’d use social media better and understand where the lines are for sharing shit.

It speaks volumes that some are advocating for the government to start regulating Twitter to protect users from themselves. In my view, it’s a form of Darwinism: The smart ones who post responsibly will be unaffected, while the dumb ones will continue to make dumb posts and ruin their own lives.

ShadyJ

They had a get together several weeks after the incident on Kinda Funny where Colin joined them and they kinda "made up" or whatever and wished him well, but it felt really forced, and since then they haven't been together on there at all, and Colin said once that he reached out to Greg several times and he really doesn't want anything to do with Colin anymore, so he just kinda gave up. So yeah, I think it was a publicity stunt, damage control by Kinda Funny. Colin's fans were harassing and downvoting all their videos and they needed to nip it in the bud.

I think Greg and Tim seem like nice guys, but when you let fake woke bullshit get in the way of friendship, you aren't a real friend. Colin supported Greg when he had cancer, that should be brotherhood for life, but no... a joke on twitter and that's the end of it. It was a pussy move, and I doubt Greg even really cared that much tbh, but he was going for self-preservation first instead of loyalty to a friend.

I was a beyond listener since the early days of PS3 and untill Colin and Greg left, so I'm up on the history between Colin and Greg which makes it all that worse. Greg is a fucking piece of shit of the highest order, he actually cared about what a bunch of nobodies online were saying about his best friend rather than defend the dude who was there for him through it all.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
People got fired or got sources of income cut permanently because they were stupid enough to use a public forum to air controversial/offensive stuff. It’s a willful decision to post shit on Twitter— and if people use it stupidly, they deserve what they get.

It’s not like social media or the potential consequences of posting certain things on social media are new concepts. People have been getting fired because of social media stupidity for over a decade. If they were smart, they’d use social media better and understand where the lines are for sharing shit.

It speaks volumes that some are advocating for the government to start regulating Twitter to protect users from themselves. In my view, it’s a form of Darwinism: The smart ones who post responsibly will be unaffected, while the dumb ones will continue to make dumb posts and ruin their own lives.

Not so. Just look at the GoG Community Manager incident. Dude was posting harmless tweets, got harassed by these crazy cunts, doxxed, and had his life ruined. Dude was still receiving harassing calls and threats months after the fact and had to turn down the community manager position at Exclusively Games because of death threats.

This is what the problem with Twitter is. Harmful people can post shit and not get in trouble because it is the "right" hate that the far-left supports.

Weilthain

Banned
Gravity, if you don't understand this I can teach you basic Physics if you want. The proof would rely on the theories talked about with relation to gravity. The only way moon would counteract these theories if some cataclysmic event happened, which no one can predict accurately.

How big does something have to be before gravity kicks in and starts to pull other objects? How big are we talking about here and how can I test this.

Xenon

I'm already wishing Ban Puncher was banned.

I don't know, seems like he's elevating the usual arguments against Colin. He's using imagery and allowing his audience to form their own conclusion. It's much better than,

"He's a nazi racist bigot man. He is racist so what he says is racist. "

Penn Jillette explaining his personal libertarian outlook in a concise but candid manner to his peers isn't the same as internet bozos who 100% serious slap NO STEP ON SNEK banners all over their social media accounts and the bumpers of their cars because they read the Wikipedia synopsis of Atlus Shrugged in the same way that second year college kids wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt with flip flops and smelling of the electric lettuce claim they are experts on communism.

That's one hell of a sentence you got there.

JordanN

Banned

I still sympathize with the general libertarian belief that more freedom and less government is a good thing, however, I did more research, and ultimately came to the conclusion it's better to just be Right-Wing or Conservative in general.

Libertarianism could only work if the entire earth was populated by geniuses. Everyone has to be able to survive on their own and wont do something stupid like explode nukes in your backyard for fun.

But not only that, Libertarianism is at a direct weakness for when other people get together and form tribes. If you directly border a country like China or Russia, you're not going to be able to fight millions of brainwashed soldiers coming to take over your territory. Human beings evolved to be social. Unless we alter our genetics, there will always be people who will form bonds and start expanding outwards in an effort to control territory in the name of a common interest.

Last edited:

Shai-Tan

Banned
The comments on that article are funny. Lots of people trying to one up each other in their caricatures of libertarians. I wonder how many comments it will take to get from really-just-secretly-racist to Nazi-sympathizer.

mckmas8808

Banned
I forgot about the whole Colin/Kinda Funny mess. Reading anything about Colin bring to memory how his "friends" completely fucked him over a harmless joke. Couldn't believe Greg wasn't staunch in his corner.

The whole crew rolled over on him in fear of public reaction.

It would have helped had Colin just apologized and owned up to his stupid joke.

Top Bottom