• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PBS : VideoGamesLive Special Premieres July 31

DarkWish

Don't trust the VGL website. It says those aren't all the airings. I looked at the PBS listings online and it said it's airing here (northern VA) at like 10 or 10:30 pm (can't remember which). I checked the TV Guide so I could set a recording, and it says it's airing at 6:30 pm, which is in a half hour. So yea, not sure when exactly it's airing, but I'm pretty sure it's airing tonight sometime.

EDIT: Looks like my guide is wrong, a commercial aired saying it's airing at 10 pm here.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
As far as I can tell, it isn't airing on WPBS, which is the the biggest PBS station in eastern Canada. Shame.

DarkWish

Just finished watching it a little while ago (it aired at 10 pm EST here in northern VA). Overall, it was great. The PBS pledges got annoying, but the interviews with Tommy Tallarico were great. The music sounded fantastic. I'm definitely getting the CD and DVD, but I'll wait until it's not exclusive to PBS since I'm not exactly made of cash.

Deku

Banned
DarkWish said:
Just finished watching it a little while ago (it aired at 10 pm EST here in northern VA). Overall, it was great. The PBS pledges got annoying, but the interviews with Tommy Tallarico were great. The music sounded fantastic. I'm definitely getting the CD and DVD, but I'll wait until it's not exclusive to PBS since I'm not exactly made of cash.

That's how they pay for programming. And it will likely stay exclusive to PBS.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Deadly said:
Shiiit I forgot about this! Any reruns or something?
Same. Also had work, but still! I could of Tivoed it!

edit: on at August 15th at 10 here. Got to record it!

Truespeed

Lyphen said:
As far as I can tell, it isn't airing on WPBS, which is the the biggest PBS station in eastern Canada. Shame.

Do you get WTVS (Detroit PBS station)? Wed Aug 11 8:30-10:00pm

PBS says they're gonna release this on BD as well. Will buy. Hopefully it'll "appear" somewhere in the meantime cuz it doesn't look like it's gonna be airing in my area.

Deku

Banned
jett said:
Any chance of this showing up on youtube or something?

cams of concerts are already there.

I just paid $80 for a year membership of PBS and blue-ray of the concert.

The blue-ray/DVD also has a ton of bonus stuff usually not uploaded to youtube.

DarkWish

Deku said:
That's how they pay for programming. And it will likely stay exclusive to PBS.
Yea, I know that's what PBS does. But actually, it is only a timed exclusive to PBS. Starting November 1st, the CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray will be sold in other places. That's confirmed via press release. So as much as I'd like to support PBS for showing this, I'm low on money and I think I can wait a few months to get it at a cheaper price.

Cmagus

Deku said:

where did you order it i dont see it anywhere

Deku

Banned
Cmagus said:
where did you order it i dont see it anywhere

a number flahses during the intermissions. They have segments where they interview Tommy T. in between the music

I called 1-800-443-1999 and got directed to their call center.

Deku said:

First time I actually felt like supporting PBS. If I had some disposable income, I would've been all over it. Felt bad for not doing it actually but then I thought about the rent I owe so. Next time.

Poyunch

Nirolak said:
Given that it's PBS, it should be running a few more times quite soon.
Well I rarely ever watch PBS so I don't keep up with the stations. I'd probably miss it again. :lol

It depends on your local PSN affiliate to pick this up. My local station did not. They think they can appeal to a younger audience with ANOTHER broadcast of Celtic Woman? :lol Lame.

Spike

Is anyone able to capture this and put it up somewhere for download or youtube?

I wrote WNED Buffalo/Toronto asking when they would show it and here is the response:

Thank you for writing WNED.

No, WNED is not going to air “Video Games Live”. Apparently, the station manager did not feel it would get a positive reception in our viewing area.

I hope this information will be helpful. We always appreciate hearing from our members and viewers with any programming questions, comments or suggestions you may have.

Jonni

WNED-TV Viewer Services

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Spike said:

I wrote WNED Buffalo/Toronto asking when they would show it and here is the response:

God damn it. :p

I wish they'd just sell the darn thing already then.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Spike said:

Dammit, what made them change their mind? They had it on the schedule before.

Gomu Gomu said:
I know it's not the same thing, but I've been in a classy cafe right in front of Dubai Fountain. And they played Civ 4's theme that night. It was one of the most magical things I've ever experienced. That theme is unbelievably good.

Here's a youtube video of the fountain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZBsuTC29BE

Actually surprised they played that in an Islamic country like Dubai. The Lyrics for the Civ4 intro is an adaptation of "The Lords Prayer" in Swahili from the Christian new testament.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=123680

Surprised the song isn't actually more controversial since it has such strong christan references. Just a few years ago Sony got in hot water for using that one song in LittleBigPlanet that had Koran references in it, and they ended patching it out.

Watching the WTTW broadcast now off of my DVR. Really enjoying it. I hope tickets for the show in Chicago this November go on sale outside of PBS, I can't afford $85

Photon

Boourns.

We do not currently have plans to air this program. This is a fundraising program and a primary incentive is tickets to the live concert. Unfortunately, the show is not coming to this area, so KVPT does not have tickets to use as membership thank you gifts.

It is possible that we may include the program at a later date. If that is the case, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Jim Page
KVPT

Chris R

Just a heads up. My PBS is showing this right now so other out of market PBS stations might start showing it too!!!

Top Bottom