• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC and PS4 gamer: Any reason to pick up an XB1?

//DEVIL//

Forza on pc isnt a full game as fas as i know. U also got fh2 and gears 4 that are not on pc as far as i know.

I have one and the only reason i turn it on is for forza 6 from time to time. Its a good console though . So buying one today used isnt a bad console.

Wait for e3. If they dont annouce gears 4 or scorpio. Then buy one used. Otherwise wait .

Fredrik

Only if you have a large 360 collection that you want to play on BC. Otherwise, no.
The chances that your whole large 360 collection will be playable on Xbox One are quite slim from my experience, it's better to buy a cheap 360 in that case.

If you don't own a Steam Link then an XB1 might be worth it for comfy couch gaming, but at this point I'd wait until the Scorpio plans are unveiled before planning any further, we'll probably hear something at E3.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I just got rid of both my X1s. I'm considering the same for my PS4s.There's really no point picking up but an X1 at this stage.

I'll play Gears 4 on my xbox but after that there's no reason to stay with the console now that I have a really nice PC. Playstation plus PC is the way to go.

TM94

Lol. How d you get from the OP to that advice? He's established on PC/PS4 ecosystem and wondering if Xbox has enough exclusives to be worth it and your advice is to sell his PS4 and start from scratch on XB1?

Ok...

His friends are asking him to get one, assume they primarily play on Xbox.

There's not much difference between the two consoles and you'll have a better time on the one where your friends are.

Angel_DvA

No, not at all, I regret buying one myself, every exclusive I was waiting for released on PC or were disappointing, the future of "Xbox" doesn't look shiny at all, a decent PC is better than any console this generation though.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Yeah. If a mod needs to verify me for it, they can. But it's true.

Wow! Nice I'm not questionning how trustful you are I already stumbled a lot of time on many threads across your username so I already know that you can be thrsted but on a scale of 1 to 10 how sure are you about this ?

And do you have a estimation of the release date ?

(well may I'll have to wait for E3)

It's just that it'll be probably be an insta buy and I'm very interested in the game.

And if you can answer only one of my question please be this one will it be UWP or not? I'd really like it not to.

railven

Neo Member
Probably won't get much love, but frankly I find owning a PS4/XB1 this gen rather boring.

The flow of games going multi-plat and showing up on PC is making me find less and less use for my consoles outside of 1 or 2 yearly exclusives.

It's even worse for the XB1. I'm at a point where I don't even bother buying games for it. Chances are with my current back log, the game will get a PC version before I'm ready to even play it.

MSFT basically shot the XB1 in the head with their approach at multi-plat support. Still surprised they haven't made a reverse extender feature to allow people to play their PC games on XB1. At least then the device would probably get more use for anyone with a decent PC.

Chris1

Yeah. If a mod needs to verify me for it, they can. But it's true.

Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, so whatever. Keep it for MCC, otherwise sell it.
Sunset Overdrive 2

chancegif.gif

Sydle

Maybe for Sunset Overdrive, MCC, Halo 5, and Forza Horizon 2. SO and FH2 are incredible and worth a cheap Xbone, but I could see those making their way to PC eventually.

I'd put that money towards a PC upgrade if I were you.

Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, so whatever. Keep it for MCC, otherwise sell it.

Your source isn't that ad from around the game's launch that mistakenly mentioned Windows 10 PC, is it?

I'd love to get it on PC. Would play through the whole thing again!

Wow! Nice I'm not questionning how trustful you are I already stumbled a lot of time on many threads across your username so I already know that you can be thrsted but on a scale of 1 to 10 how sure are you about this ?

And do you have a estimation of the release date ?

(well may I'll have to wait for E3)

It's just that it'll be probably be an insta buy and I'm very interested in the game.

And if you can answer only one of my question please be this one will it be UWP or not? I'd really like it not to.

Ten out of ten. It will be UWP.

No idea about release. I'm hoping to see it drop this E3 but that's my speculation there.

Maybe for Sunset Overdrive, MCC, and Forza Horizon 2. SO and FH2 are incredible and worth a cheap Xbone, but I could see those making their way to PC eventually.

I'd put that money towards a PC upgrade if I were you.

Your source isn't that ad from around the game's launch that mistakenly mentioned Windows 10 PC, is it?

I'd love to get it on PC. Would play through the whole thing again!

No, it's a real live person :p

Haunted

No interest whatsoever. Microsoft disqualified themselves with the initial unveil for me, successive backpedaling still never even brought it near contention status for me.

i made the terrible mistake of wasting money to have all three consoles. OP, it isn't really worth it.

Especially if time is an inconvenience for you

I have a PC with similar specs and a PS4.

I went and got a Xbox one and other than for a couple weeks, literally never use it.

So I would say no, it's not worth it.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
No interest whatsoever. Microsoft disqualified themselves with the initial unveil for me, successive backpedaling still never even brought it near contention status for me.

How did you do it ?You put words exactly as they are in mind dude stop reading my mind ... really thar's not a good place to be.

Sydle

Ten out of ten. It will be UWP.

No idea about release. I'm hoping to see it drop this E3 but that's my speculation there.

No, it's a real live person :p

I am SO excited right now.

Well that's a bummer, no availability outside the windows store?

Not necessarily. UWP's can be distributed via any CA root, so it's possible to show up outside the Windows Store if MS allowed it (they published it). The likelihood of Steam or other stores adopting UWPs anytime soon is another matter.

d00d3n

No reason imo. I have both a great PC and a PS4, and the XBONE was a regrettable purchase. The most value I got for it was honestly the "play Dark Souls III offline early" scheme. Well, other than games, I guess it is a pretty good netflix machine? More silent than PS4 for that kind of usage as well.

TheYanger

I mean,a ny exclusives that you want to play? Might want to wait and see if the current ones are changing, but otherwise seems obvious to me.

reKon

Banned
SO coming to PC is amazing. That's 1 of 3 exclusives that I care about on Xbox. I know Cuphead is already coming to PC as well. That's already a day one. The only game that left is Gears 4, which I'm hoping ends up being great.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Sunset Overdrive better be cross-buy if it's UWP. I got a digital licence on Xbox I'd like to use for PC.

Wait for Xbox VR then get that :) cross play with pc and reliable frame rates matter in vr so console will be the better choice.

anothertech

One of my fears for UWP is that all Xbox threads will end up like this.

'Any reason to get an Xbox when I have a PS4 and PC?'

'No'

No exclusives on Xbox any longer seems like it's leading to this.

I hope Dragon Punch is right about Sunset Overdrive. If true, I'll get to play every single Xbox One game I've been interested in on Windows 10. Awesome.

'No'

It'll be fine. GAF isn't representative of gaming consumers as a whole. The Xbox will be fine.

As far as threads go, what do you want people to say? The OP asked the question, and with the info provided, people gave their opinion accordingly.

Now if you mean general Xbox threads turning into this, I'm sure the mods will handle that.

Pretty much sunset overdrive, Forza horizon 2, halo 5, and Halo MCC

Almost everything else is on PC or will be.

I wouldn't bother if I was you.

p90x Xbox Fitness...

Get off the couch you fattys...

:rollseyes:

Or take your arse to a real gym.

If the sunset overdrive rumour is true, that would be great. I'd feel no regrets at all trading in for a Xbox mini.

iKhayal18

What about those of us that only have a Wii U + a quite old PC?

Should we jump in and buy an Xbox One taking chance of the great offers that available these days (you can find a with 500GB Xbox One + Quantum Break for 269€ at the official German store) or should we wait until E3? I'm not sure if PS4 is the best option... I'm not into Forza or Gears of Wars, but I would like to have Dance Central and the retrocompatibility with 360 seems really interesting for me...

I don't know what to do and the offer finishes this Monday :/

Sydle

What about those of us that only have a Wii U + a quite old PC?

Should we jump in and buy an Xbox One taking chance of the great offers that available these days (you can find a with 500GB Xbox One + Quantum Break for 269€ at the official German store) or should we wait until E3? I'm not sure if PS4 is the best option... I'm not into Forza or Gears of Wars, but I would like to have Dance Central and the retrocompatibility with 360 seems really interesting for me...

I don't know what to do and the offer finishes this Monday :/

A Xbox One Slim is essentially confirmed for E3. I imagine there will be more good deals from retailers trying to get rid of the old model.

I've seen some crazy deals in the B/S/T thread. Like a Xbone with controller and 4 games for $200 shipped. I'd say wait.

Bessy67

'No'

I don't think MS particularly cares though. It feels more and more like their future "consoles" will just basically be prebuilt Windows 10 PCs optimized for living room usage. So whether you're playing on PC or "console" they won't really care.

Top Bottom