PC crashing during games constantly :(

If everything was working fine before the new GPU it sounds like a bad card, and the best option will be to return it to the store and get a replacement.
Factory-overclocked GPUs often lack sufficient stability testing in my experience - it seems like they just pick a target that most GPUs should be able to hit, rather than testing every individual card.
Something like Furmark is not a good indicator of stability with a modern GPU that is constantly varying its clockspeeds dynamically - especially when it's crashing with older non-demanding games like DMC4.

If you want to confirm that it's the factory overclock, what I would suggest is to download the latest MSI Afterburner beta, set the core and memory clocks to something like -200 MHz and see if that stops the crashing. I would expect it to.
You could then adjust those values until you find something that remains stable. It shouldn't have to be anything like -200MHz.
The alternative is to keep the clocks at the default and increase the power limit (which I would do anyway). If that doesn't work, you could try increasing the core voltage.

I don't think I've actually received a factory-overclocked GPU which has been 100% stable out of the box.
I haven't run into problems like you where most games are crashing - which is why I would suggest replacing the GPU - but rather, one or two games would sometimes crash at random.
id Tech 5 games have a reputation for being crash-prone as a result of this. People insist their hardware is fine since other games don't crash, but after I dropped the clocks on my 900-series cards by 25-50MHz, the games never crashed again for me.
With my 1070 Strix OC, I have to set the power limit to 120% for it to be completely stable in games rather than bumping up the core voltage or dropping the clockspeeds.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
I had this with a 8800GT back in the day and some not all games just crashed. Went to the store and they provided a replacement which we tested together; problem solved.

About a decade ago my computer would crash while I was playing games. Only 3D games, and not 2D games for some reason, or at least not nearly as often.

In any case, for a long time I thought the graphic card was the issue, but in the end it turned out that it was the motherboard that was faulty.

It seems like you had a GTX 970 before and it never had a problem? If that was the case, then it's probably either a bad seating position for the GPU, or it's faulty. Trying reseating it, and if all fails request a replacement card.

Do you by any chance have a Wacom tablet pluged in?

There's this weird bug with capcom games that will crash within 10 / 20min.

Happened to me all the time with Street Fighter V.

Another thing for the plug and play jab. Although suggesting bad parts and super cheap builds will lead to earlier failure more often, I just changed my 2500K out for a 2600K in about 25 minutes with new thermal paste and had it booting.

If that is not plug in play I don't what is.

The only real bitch in PCs is redoing your motherboard. Definitely not quite plug and play and requires more work.

If everything was working fine before the new GPU it sounds like a bad card, and the best option will be to return it to the store and get a replacement.
Factory-overclocked GPUs often lack sufficient stability testing in my experience - it seems like they just pick a target that most GPUs should be able to hit, rather than testing every individual card.
Something like Furmark is not a good indicator of stability with a modern GPU that is constantly varying its clockspeeds dynamically - especially when it's crashing with older non-demanding games like DMC4.

If you want to confirm that it's the factory overclock, what I would suggest is to download the latest MSI Afterburner beta, set the core and memory clocks to something like -200 MHz and see if that stops the crashing. I would expect it to.
You could then adjust those values until you find something that remains stable. It shouldn't have to be anything like -200MHz.
The alternative is to keep the clocks at the default and increase the power limit (which I would do anyway). If that doesn't work, you could try increasing the core voltage.

I don't think I've actually received a factory-overclocked GPU which has been 100% stable out of the box.
I haven't run into problems like you where most games are crashing - which is why I would suggest replacing the GPU - but rather, one or two games would sometimes crash at random.
id Tech 5 games have a reputation for being crash-prone as a result of this. People insist their hardware is fine since other games don't crash, but after I dropped the clocks on my 900-series cards by 25-50MHz, the games never crashed again for me.
With my 1070 Strix OC, I have to set the power limit to 120% for it to be completely stable in games rather than bumping up the core voltage or dropping the clockspeeds.

I tried reducing the clockspeeds but the same thing happens. Hopefully the replacement will be fine whenever I get it.

EDIT : Got my GTX970 back, so I'll put that back in for the time being.

It's weird if you have nothing in your EventViewer pointing to some hardware-related crash. Usually the display driver will crash and it will be recorded under Warnings/Display in EventViewer. Some games will stay playable after the driver recovered, some games will crash with the dialog you posted.

Temperature related issues or a faulty PSU would more than likely restart or shut down your computer instead of just crashing the game itself.

Are there any games that do not crash? Do you notice a black screen/your monitor going out of range before the game crashes?

It's weird if you have nothing in your EventViewer pointing to some hardware-related crash. Usually the display driver will crash and it will be recorded under Warnings/Display in EventViewer. Some games will stay playable after the driver recovered, some games will crash with the dialog you posted.

Temperature related issues or a faulty PSU would more than likely restart or shut down your computer instead of just crashing the game itself.

Are there any games that do not crash? Do you notice a black screen/your monitor going out of range before the game crashes?
The only games I played that didn't crash on me were:

- Sonic Mania
- Rocket League
- Cuphead
- PUBG (Played an hour of it, but it didn't crash during that time.)

I think my screen does turn pitch black before the error message pops up.

I bought a Founder's Edition 980 when it came out (first run), and noticed this same problem. The only thing that 100% fixed it for me, was turning on K-Boost.