• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gamer Crysis Review Score... (From another board member)

98%!!!

showthread.php

Another Source:

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=11615

Seems to be true then....

Do want.

My vid-card can't run it though.

"Just got my latest December issue of PCGamer and they have the world's first Crysis review. It got a 98%, which is pretty damn good for PCGamer standards. They also mentioned the single player takes around 12 hours to complete.

Highs: A graphical powerhouse, immersive, open-ended sandbox that encourages emergent gameplay, well-placed storyline, meticulously detailed; engrossing multiplayer, included map editor.

Lows: Alien AI not as spectacular as North Korean AI; enemies can sometimes absorb too much damage; a few minor glitches.

Bottom Line: Destined to be a classic, Crysis is a creative and technological marvel that eclipses every other shooter released this year."

Sharp

Holy shit. Isn't that a bit tenuous as evidence goes, though?

Oh well, I can't run it anyway, I have a Mac.

Mamesj

Banned
HMMMMMM......

you know, I've been half-dismissing it as a nice benchmark testing program. I should pay more attention next time I play.

Or maybe I should keep dismissing it because I'm going fucking broke this winter :lol

Sho_Nuff82 said:
The highest scoring game to ever sell 100k copies lifetime?

The game will sell really well. Most everyone that can run it will buy it simply because it's the new "that game" that you just HAVE to see. Same as Doom 3, or other games of that sort of visual impressiveness were.

lockload

underfooter said:
Bioshock and Halo 3 were impressive, but quite frankly neither have shit on this.
Dont agree apart from graphics crysis offers little new to push forward FPS games (and yes i have played single player and multiplayer)

Ill still get it though as im a graphics whore:lol

Joe Molotov

Hmm...I'm still skeptical. Remember when they gave Doom 3 a 94%? I hope the "OMG teh nextgen graphix!!!" isn't clouding their judgment. Not that I want it to fail, I just wasn't too impressed with the beta.

lockload said:
Dont agree apart from graphics crysis offers little new to push forward FPS games (and yes i have played single player and multiplayer)

I can't say because I havn't played it, but the environments look and act amazingly. I felt like other FPS environments are so static. HL2 made a huge step in the right direction, and Crysis takes another step. I mean, it ACTUALLY looks like a jungle.

BasicUAE

Sharp said:
I do, but no Windows at the moment. I might install Bootcamp at some point, though.
you can't install it now....too late.
apple pulled it off its site sooo u have to upgrade to leopard $$$...
even for those who downloaded the beta -including me- their license is supposed to end by the end of the year from what I hear ^^"...
Crysis looks pretty cool aaaand here where my interest in it ends.

Chris R

Thing I hated the most about the demo was the stealth darts didn't perm KO :( I'm walking along and get shot at from behind because they are just a temp KO :(

Sharp

BasicUAE said:
you can't install it now....too late.
apple pulled it off its site sooo u have to upgrade to leopard $$$...
even for those who downloaded the beta -including me- their license is supposed to end by the end of the year from what I hear ^^"...
Crysis looks pretty cool aaaand here where my interest in it ends.
I believe I get Leopard free as part of my Apple Developer package, so... yeah.

God i wish i could play this. I downloaded the hellgate london demo and could only play it smoothly when i put the settings to look like total ass. After that experiance i forced my self to cancel my crysis download and sadly turn my pc off... : (

underfooter said:
Bioshock and Halo 3 were impressive, but quite frankly neither have shit on this.

Engineering vs design, as far as I'm concerned. The environments here are lifelike and certainly dynamic like nothing else (well, until FC2), but they are also incredibly uninteresting. I feel like Far Cry already introduced me to this state of being baffled at the wonder of it all, so the impact isn't that great this time around. The combat also feels engineered, overly so. Deep and again dynamic, but also quite sterile. I don't know, I guess this one isn't for me.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
lockload said:

In my opinion Crysis offers way more than either Bioshock and Halo 3 gameplay wise. How was Halo 3 innovative? It wasn't. It was fun though. Bioshock? Most overrated game of the year. The crysis demo was amazing. Can't wait to play through this. I'll get a 8800GT for this game.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
AltogetherAndrews said:
Really? I'm not sure I can think of any relatively high profile game that didn't score highly there.
Looking at Metacritic, GameRankings, etc., on the most recent high profile PC titles...

...so far, PC Gamer is around 2-3% lower than most major sites and magazines on stuff like Orange Box (94%), BioShock (94%), World in Conflict (93%).

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The human A.I. in Crysis is "spectacular"? I find that very difficult to believe considering how shitty the A.I. in Far Cry was. I notice that PC Gamer gave Far Cry a 95%. What did they have to say about its A.I.?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
98%? This score is so stupid.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Engineering vs design, as far as I'm concerned. The environments here are lifelike and certainly dynamic like nothing else (well, until FC2), but they are also incredibly uninteresting. I feel like Far Cry already introduced me to this state of being baffled at the wonder of it all, so the impact isn't that great this time around. The combat also feels engineered, overly so. Deep and again dynamic, but also quite sterile. I don't know, I guess this one isn't for me.

It's called over thinking while actively pursuing a negative opinion.

SantaC

TAJ said:
The human A.I. in Crysis is "spectacular"? I find that very difficult to believe considering how shitty the A.I. in Far Cry was. I notice that PC Gamer gave Far Cry a 95%. What did they have to say about its A.I.?

far cry != Crysis

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
rakka said:
A game like Crysis can't get 98%. Heck, only a few games actually reaches that kind of score. I mean, come-the-fuck-on.

AltogetherAndrews said:

Not to be a wet blanket, but haven't you come down hard on every FPS released this year? Maybe the genre just isn't your bag?

Seiken said:
A game like Crysis can't get 98%. Heck, only a few games actually reaches that kind of score. I mean, come-the-fuck-on.

What the fuck is this even supposed to mean? "A game like Crysis". You mean a PC game? A FPS?

MickeyKnox said:
[/B]It's called over thinking while actively pursuing a negative opinion.

The game kind of calls for a good deal of involvement though, so I'm pretty much forced to "overthink" it. Not sure what you mean to say about actively pursuing negative opinions, as i don't recall having a terribly negative opinion of the game going into it. As said, I don't think it's for me, but it certainly seems to be very good at what it does.

Yoshichan

Sho_Nuff82 said:
What the fuck is this even supposed to mean? "A game like Crysis". You mean a PC game? A FPS?
PC Game.
Another FPS.
Bald Marines.
Oh yeah, and it's a game I can't play on maximum settings.

Top Bottom