• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gamer Teases Big Exclusive Next Month (NOT Diablo III)

UPDATE: It is not Diablo III.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/38833/No-Diablo-3-Announcement-Forthcoming-Part-Two

On the off-chance this post about a Diablo 3 announcement made your pants a little tight, there won't be any big Blizzard announcement in the next issue of PC Gamer. So sayeth the editor: "We're officially squelching the Diablo rumor. We've got two big announcements coming in our August issue, but neither is from Blizzard." What will the super awesome announcements be? We'll find out soon...

Original Post:

http://www.blizzplanet.com/?action=news&id=2382

"NEXT MONTH
Have you ever had a secret that you're just dying to blurt out, but you can't for another month, and the stress of holding it in makes you want to do the pee-pee dance? That's what the PC Gamer staff is doing right now, because the August issue will be chock-full of exclusives, including a top-secret cover story so huge we had to go to [CENSORED] to get it. Just 30 days more ..."

Here are a few thoughts to ponder on this brainstorming puzzle PC Gamer unleashed:

- PC Gamer was probably among the Gaming press Magazines who visited Blizzard Entertainment early on May, a few weeks ago.

- If you remember, PC Gamer knew about the Starcraft II announcement last May 2007. Blizzard Entertainment made the announcement at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals (WWI) at Seoul, South Korea.

- PC Gamer can't talk about it for the next 30 days ... the 2008 Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals at Paris, France takes place on June 28-29.

- June 29 is the date Diablo II shipped on USA (2000) and the same date the expansion Lord of Destruction shipped on Europe a year later (2001).

- Notice how PC Gamer replaces a swearing with [CENSORED]? Could this be a clue as to what the game they refer to is? Because CENSORED really sounds like HELL ... as in ... Diablo?

Post # 16:

JeffGreen said:
As a former magazine editor, I'd say Diablo 3 makes sense. That's my guess. Blizzard has the big Paris event coming up with a big game announcement. We've already been assuming over here that PCG would have the cover for this---because, well, who else would at this point? So I was waiting to see a Coming Next Month from them written exactly like this.

Gotta be D3.

Post # 34:

momolicious said:
Update: "We definitely appreciate that the community has a lot of interest in seeing the Diablo series continue, and we certainly share that desire," a Blizzard representative told Shacknews when reached for comment.

"For now, though, our focus remains on StarCraft II and Wrath of the Lich King. I'm afraid I don't have any new plans to announce at this time."

Blizzard responds.

Source of official comments - http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52784

Mindlog

back and to the left
back and to the left

but seriously, diablo 3 would be awesome

When does this particular issue hit the printers?

Magnus

"Notice how PC Gamer replaces a swearing with [CENSORED]? Could this be a clue as to what the game they refer to is? Because CENSORED really sounds like HELL ... as in ... Diablo?"

I lol'd. But seriously, sounds like Diablo III.

madmook

Bah the words Diablo and any variation of the number 3 should not be allowed together in a thread title until its fucking concrete.

Magnus said:
"Notice how PC Gamer replaces a swearing with [CENSORED]? Could this be a clue as to what the game they refer to is? Because CENSORED really sounds like HELL ... as in ... Diablo?"

I lol'd. But seriously, sounds like Diablo III.
Yeah. We had to go to Hell and Back.

JeffGreen

97.5: The Brodeo
As a former magazine editor, I'd say Diablo 3 makes sense. That's my guess. Blizzard has the big Paris event coming up with a big game announcement. We've already been assuming over here that PCG would have the cover for this---because, well, who else would at this point? So I was waiting to see a Coming Next Month from them written exactly like this.

Gotta be D3.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Why would blizzard release news of diablo 3 in a magazine though? Have they ever done that? I wouldn't think they need to these days.

They have the paris event and then blizzcon, 2 perfectly fine places to announce it and cause the world of diablo gamers to go batshit fucking crazy.

I'm guessing D3, but eh something isn't right.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
i am hyperventilating as we speak

JeffGreen said:

Gotta be D3.

you're not helping you bastard

hyduK

Banned
This is a lot less far fetched than all the other 'this has gotta be D3' stuff, so I'm satisfied. I hope it's true, it has to be coming soon.

Oh, and I hope it gets the SC2 treatment, they don't need to change much about this game at all.

hyduK

Banned
Teknoman said:
Its either DOOM 4 or Diablo III. Why would you need to go to hell for Nukem?

Yeah, it's definitely not Duke. I can't see it being Doom 4 either, there's no reason to be so secretive about that.

The hints here point to Diablo 3, but I suppose if it's not, the [censored] could simply point to a foreign location. If they said "we had to go to Ukraine to get it", for example, it'd likely be obvious that it was STALKER 2 (not a good example but you get my point). It's doesn't sound as likely as all the hints at Diablo but it's an alternative to consider.

hyduK

Banned
Revolutionary said:
Even if it IS Diablo 3, I'm sure we'll have to wait another year and change to finally get our damn hands on it(a-la SC2).
Shit, a year would be amazing in terms of non-expansion Blizzard products...

Update: "We definitely appreciate that the community has a lot of interest in seeing the Diablo series continue, and we certainly share that desire," a Blizzard representative told Shacknews when reached for comment.

"For now, though, our focus remains on StarCraft II and Wrath of the Lich King. I'm afraid I don't have any new plans to announce at this time."

Blizzard responds.

hyduK

Banned
momolicious said:

Blizzard responds.

Wasn't it confirmed that they had a third team doing something ? Maybe I'm wrong, but that's a pretty standard response regardless so I won't let it shatter my hope :D .

~Kinggi~

Banned
If it's Diablo 3, and it's only for PC, and it looks like it will be faithful in some way to the originals, i will purchase a very expensive PC in relatively short time. Yup

YYZ

wow, waiting for Diablo III is like the slowest handjob ever. Each month counts as one stroke, until finally we can explode with joy.

bishoptl said:
To skate across the frozen pond, of course.

Broussard promised it would be released a year after the first signs of life, which we saw last december with the trailer....... right?

Top Bottom