• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gamers Assemble, Let's Demand PC Ports From Sega!

Just a note that there's a PC compilation of the Sakura Wars games released in Japan only.
Yeah, there's hardly any Visual Novels that are console only. It's one of the only gaming genres in Japan with a long held PC focus.

It would be really nice if SEGA would localize their Sakura Wars games.

Never before have I jumped so quickly on a train.

61vMj.png

The Deed has been Done.

Peff

While this should absolutely happen, I'm not sure this scattershot "anything is cool" approach is the best way to go about it. I think the Dark Souls campaign wouldn't have worked if it had been "Dark Souls... or Ridge Racer, Pac-Man, Ace Combat...". If we were to focus on one game, I believe Valkyria Chronicles would be the game with the best chances to succeed by far: beautiful and very escalable artstyle, great presentation, UI that would play very well with KB/M, DLC that makes the game much more challenging and could be added as a bonus...

That said, Sega IS pretty much a PC company nowadays, so maybe they do simply need a nudge in the right direction.

Durante is going to be very busy if all this happens.

Sonic Generations had a better PC port than Rage.

Burekma

Sorry but i don't port beg. If they want my money they will release on the platforms I game on. If not, their loss and other developer's gain. It's not like there's a shortage of great games on any today's relevant platforms, especially so the PC.

Since they have Atlus now, I'd really like to see the Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, and Etrian Odysessy games on Steam. As well as the Puyo Puyo, Shining, Sakura Wars, Valkyria Chronicles and recent Phantasy Star games.
Oh yes, and Skies of Arcadia, too. There are lots of franchises I care about from SEGA that haven't gotten the support I would like.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Sorry but i don't port beg. If they want my money they will release on the platforms I game on. If not, their loss and other developer's gain. It's not like there's a shortage of great games on any today's relevant platforms, especially so the PC.

there is always a shortage of jet set radio. always

Grief.exe

Never before have I jumped so quickly on a train.

61vMj.png

The Deed has been Done.

Is your Avatar from VC?

image.php

I'm fully supporting this as soon as I can determine my twitter password

griefrulez111111

Sonic Generations had a better PC port than Rage.

Phenomenal port. Game has performed quite well on the platform and become somewhat of a cult hit in the Steam threads.

I wish you guys luck, but I'm done begging for games, honestly.

Might as well retweet and help out the cause with minimal effort from yourself.

Qassim

Sega seem to be one of the best if not the best Japanese publisher for PC gaming. They do make PC exclusive games. They have studios that almost just make PC games (Relic and Creative Assembly both primarily make PC games but have made console games in the past, both owned by Sega).

It'd be nice if they tried to extend this support out to their other franchises.

HoosTrax

Isn't SEGA pretty good with the PC?
Off the top of my head, Jet Set Radio HD is limited to 30fps and Sonic All-Stars Xformed is limited to 60fps. In the second case, it was due to the way the animations were created I think.

So it depends on your definition of "pretty good". Personally, I'd prefer to run racing games uncapped.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Billy Hatcher
Otogi
Jet Set Radio Future
Beach Spikers
Shenmue
Otogi
Resonance of Fate
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Gunvalkyrie
Anarchy Reigns
Valkyria Chronicles
Virtua Fighter
and so many others to beg for :3

TimmiT

Off the top of my head, Jet Set Radio HD is limited to 30fps and Sonic All-Stars Xformed is limited to 60fps. In the second case, it was due to the way the animations were created I think.

So it depends on your definition of "pretty good". Personally, I'd prefer to run racing games uncapped.

With Jet Set Radio HD this was done because of the way it was done in the original game. The game's fps determines how fast the game runs. Like if it runs at 60fps, it'd run twice as fast as it should run.

It looks like it has 8 downvotes and 7 upvotes on Reddit right now.
It's sad, but it sounds like people on Reddit aren't supporting this right now.

terrisus

I'm not being against anything. And I think the idea is great since I've become sort of a PC gamer.

But according to some recent posts I've seen here on NeoGAF, it sounds like port begging isn't allowed. Doesn't this qualify as port begging? I wish the rules were a little more clear. I had read the rules completely and didn't know that scans weren't allowed. And I'm sure there are many rules I don't yet understand.

Pretty much this.

I had gotten banned for "port begging" for saying a Mobile Phone game should be on 3DS or Vita instead, so I don't see how this or anything else would be any different.
But then, there's plenty of other similar stuff (like all the Bayonetta stuff) that continues on, so, it just seems kind of hit or miss.

Sega has so many delicious games.

Capcom, Konami, and Square Enix have some games I would like to see as well, but I gotta give the nod to Sega for having the most desired library.

We will turn our focus to the other three when this campaign is finished. The Eye of Mordor needs to focus on one target at a time.

All hail the eye of Grief.exe!

HoosTrax

It wasn't strictly a Dreamcast game (but did launch as one), but I wonder why Grandia II hasn't been offered as a digital title. There is a PC port as far as I know. Not sure who the publisher / IP holder is.

Billy Hatcher has a PC version. It's not a good port though.
I have that game. It's definitely not a good PC port. It's a serious hassle to configure keys or gamepad buttons in any way. The port was made before SEGA became very good at and dedicated to good PC ports.

The configuration is very poor in the game. And there are glitches. On some computers with some configurations, sometimes the game wouldn't even load, due to an error with video.

They really should update the port for Steam. Similar to how Square Enix have updated their PC ports of Final Fantasy games. I would happily buy Billy Hatcher again if they fixed their PC port. Billy Hatcher is a great game and I love it.

cripterion

I'd love to have Bayonetta on pc, it's been a while since I've played it. Never got Vanquish so would like to see what it's all about too and goddamn Yakuza games on pc would be so good.

I'm not being against anything. And I think the idea is great since I've become sort of a PC gamer.

But according to some recent posts I've seen here on NeoGAF, it sounds like port begging isn't allowed. Doesn't this qualify as port begging? I wish the rules were a little more clear. I had read the rules completely and didn't know that scans weren't allowed. And I'm sure there are many rules I don't yet understand.

Anyway, I really hope that all the more SEGA games come to the PC. SEGA has become a really good in terms of a Japanese company in supporting the PC. I only wish they would localize more of their games. I'd really like the Valkyria Chronicles games on Steam. And I've bought almost every single one of their games that's been available on Steam.

Since they have Atlus now, I'd really like to see the Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, and Etrian Odysessy games on Steam. As well as the Puyo Puyo, Shining, Sakura Wars, Valkyria Chronicles and recent Phantasy Star games.

Port begging is OK when it's for Steam. Put all the games on Steam

I would double dip on Resonance if I could model swap to have a party of three Leannes <33

Grief.exe

It looks like it has 8 downvotes and 7 upvotes on Reddit right now.
It's sad, but it sounds like people on Reddit aren't supporting this right now.

We are in the positive side over on Reddit.

Yeah, it's Riela from VC3.

Very cool.

Virtual Fighter and Bayonetta are already running on PCs.

Why can't they just throw that awesomeness onto Steam.

Its a lot more work to take something from a development PC and have it work in a consumer environment with thousands of possible configurations.

The profit margins are there though.

Top Bottom