• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gamers! Show Off Your Games Icons From Pulpit.

keraj37

Here are mine from that exact moment.

J4wXQHf.png

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
desktop shortcuts? what year is it?

seriously though. i get why you might like to see all your games there and easily accessible but windows ruins it with the stupid shortcut + admin icons on top of the actual program/game icon.

Last edited:

keraj37

Oh come on! Will I be the only one showing my desktop like that? There must be at least few NeoGAFers who do the same like me...

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i don't know about anyone else but the reason i don't use desktop shortcuts anymore is because about 10 year ago i moved to Mac and really liked the simple design. i was used to having all my programs having an icon on the desktop. when i used Mac it only had the dock and i think the HDD icon in the corner. when i moved back to Windows i kinda stuck with it. now anytime a game or program leaves a desktop icon i just delete it.

This is a weird way to make a "Show us your desktop" thread.
might as well be that now. here's mine:

Jf3x6QM.jpg

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

i don't know about anyone else but the reason i don't use desktop shortcuts anymore is because about 10 year ago i moved to Mac and really liked the simple design. i was used to having all my programs having an icon on the desktop. when i used Mac it only had the dock and i think the HDD icon in the corner. when i moved back to Windows i kinda stuck with it. now anytime a game or program leaves a desktop icon i just delete it.

Jf3x6QM.jpg
I'm Win10 illiterate, how did you breakdown those icons on the right into categories? "internet, gaming, etc"

Looks hype

johntown

Banned
This thread is now "Show your full desktop" and here's my bad boy:

JViTDuN.jpg

You can try and find the two game icons seen there.
Spoiler: Pro Pilkki 2 & Secret Agent
How old is your PC? I see a folder for Virtualdub and Office 2010? I remember Virtualdub for trans-coding to XVID.

Jf3x6QM.jpg
Sir, I love your wallpaper.

Airola

How old is your PC? I see a folder for Virtualdub and Office 2010? I remember Virtualdub for trans-coding to XVID.

Bought it 2013.
I had Virtualdub because I tried to do some trick to make 25fps video to 50fps to get better slow motion effect. Also used it to rip clips from dvds for a while before I found out a better way to do it (and it also suddenly started to cause sync problems with video and audio).
I had Word 2010 on my older computer and I think I moved it from there to here.

Airola

Oh, I just remembered how back in 2003 or 2004 we made a video for a local metal band and when they put it online there was a link to the video file along with instructions and code for making the Xvid encoded video play on computer. Like holy hell it wasn't too easy to have video available online in a manner that all could see them easily. Or at least that dude seemed to know only the most complicated way to make it happen.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm Win10 illiterate, how did you breakdown those icons on the right into categories? "internet, gaming, etc"

Looks hype
just pin a program to start. when you drag the icon around the menu you can create groups or folders. then just name it by moving the mouse just above the icons.

This thread is now "Show your full desktop" and here's my bad boy:

JViTDuN.jpg

You can try and find the two game icons seen there.
Spoiler: Pro Pilkki 2 & Secret Agent
FGjODf8.gif

Last edited:

ROMhack

Be ready for a wild ride in Virginia.
I remember I finished it and I created a whole Thread with theories for the game (not here sadly).

Interesting... do you have the thread handy? I'll bookmark it for when I get around to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom