• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC gaming can really be infuriating.....

English is not my first language. What I am saying is that you are complaining about wasting 2 hours modding Morrowind as a pc gaming problem. An opcional feature of pc gaming can´t be a pc problem if it´s opcional. And stating that imply that the state of Morrowind on consoles is better. Only loading times now can be better on XSX, but just now after XSX released. What about other aspects of the games, the past other games stuck on past consoles and all the time you already wasted on loading screens on past consoles (on multi platform games)??? The state of them is better on these consoles or on PC?
I was saying that wasting hours on modding morrowind was actually a positive. I meant "wasting" in a more sarcastic sense.

As for the second point past consoles had slow load times in general but in my second post all I was saying was that that problem was finally getting better with the XSX/PS5.

Kazza

It's crazy to me how many people say they have difficulties with PC gaming. I haven't had any problems since trying to get my Sound Blaster card working properly back in the 90s. I just got a laptop and have spent the last couple of days going through my Steam library, trying out both old and new games, and everything just works! My laptop has an RTX3060, so the games have all just automatically set themselves to Ultra settings - no need to fiddle about with anything at all. Steam instantly recognises my Xbox controller too, no problem.

For anyone on the fence, don't be put off, PC gaming really isn't any more complicated than console gaming these days. That wasn't always the case. Putting a cartridge/disk into your Megadrive/SNES/PS1/Saturn etc was so much easier than trying to get all the different PC components to play nicely with each other.

dcx4610

It's crazy to me how many people say they have difficulties with PC gaming. I haven't had any problems since trying to get my Sound Blaster card working properly back in the 90s. I just got a laptop and have spent the last couple of days going through my Steam library, trying out both old and new games, and everything just works! My laptop has an RTX3060, so the games have all just automatically set themselves to Ultra settings - no need to fiddle about with anything at all. Steam instantly recognises my Xbox controller too, no problem.

For anyone on the fence, don't be put off, PC gaming really isn't any more complicated than console gaming these days. That wasn't always the case. Putting a cartridge/disk into your Megadrive/SNES/PS1/Saturn etc was so much easier than trying to get all the different PC components to play nicely with each other.
Yeah. PC rep was deserved for a bit but hasn't been the case for a good 10+ years now. Anytime I see someone talk about drivers, etc., they haven't gamed on a modern PC. You don't need to do anything now. Windows automatically handles all updates, drivers, etc. I literally haven't had a blue screen crash in at least a decade.

If you have a problem with a game, it's going to be a programming issue with that specific game and chances are, console are affected as well. If you haven't tried PC gaming in awhile, it's easier than ever and highly recommend. Plus, keep in mind that PCs are more than games. It's my all-in-one entertainment box.

Kazza

I literally haven't had a blue screen crash in at least a decade.

Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I got a BSoD either. 1998 maybe? The worse thing I ever experience is a freeze and then a controlled crash to desktop, and that only happens when I'm doing something like trying to run several mods simultaneously (happened to me yesterday while playing Civ 6)

Top Bottom