• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gaming Mice: Post your rodent! (keyboards welcome)

Dance In My Blood said:
At first it seems fairly daunting, but you wind up centering your finger on the 5 button, which has a nice groove, and you can work your way around from there easily.

How's the config? Easy enough to setup profiles and stuff?

Edit:

Dance In My Blood said:
It's the Razer Naga.

I've personally never used an specific addons, but it works instantly with every game. It maps to the corresponding numbers on the keyboard by default, and there's a switch on the bottom so you can toggle between the keyboard's horizontal row of numbers and the numberpad.

Okay that's pretty great.

matmanx1

Razer DeathAdder + Razer BlackWidow+Razer Goliathus SpeedPad for me. Comfortable, fast and precise. And yeah once you go to a mechanical keyboard you never go back. Take care of it and it can last basically forever.

vertopci

Fuck those razer mice! My mouse is the best!

mionix_naos5000_top.jpg

razer-blackwidow-gallery5.jpg

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
razer-blackwidow-keyboard-00.jpg

7f9fb60657ddf25e0f6663f6e65c510515dba412.jpg

Razer Black Widow
Roccat Kone+, just got it this morning to replace my Lachesis that wasn't tracking properly.
Razer Goliathus.

Gaogaogao

current keyboard is a logitech "internet navigator"
current mouse is the original orange/ rust colored G5

the mouse I want is the razer deathadder black edition cause its got new rubber grips on the side
the keyboard I need is the mk710 cause them keys feel so good.

Xavien

Logitech G9
g9mouse000.jpg

On a Icemat frosted glass mousemat (now called Steelseries Experience I-2)

2nd_black_3.jpg

With a G15 second edition keyboard

3518879x.jpg

Most comfortable and versatile KB+mouse set i've ever had, wish the keyboard had blue lights instead of orange though :(

Xavien said:
Logitech G9
g9mouse000.jpg

On a Icemat frosted glass mousemat

2nd_black_3.jpg
From what I've read the original G9 tracks horribly on the Icemat. Are you sure you don't have the G9x?

I2All.gif

You can see from the graph that it won't track once you hit about 0.7 m/s.

Xavien

darkpaladinmfc said:
From what I've read the original G9 tracks horribly on the Icemat. Are you sure you don't have the G9x?

I2All.gif

You can see from the graph that it won't track once you hit about 0.7 m/s.

Nope original G9 and i have zero issues with tracking (can move the mouse really fast at top sensitivity with no loss of tracking), i did get one just before they brought out the g9x though, maybe those had newer firmwares which solved the issue.

Xavien said:
Nope original G9 and i have zero issues with tracking (can move the mouse really fast at top sensitivity with no loss of tracking), i did get one just before they brought out the g9x though, maybe those had newer firmwares which solved the issue.
Nice, but if you want to test for issues then you should put the DPI as low as possible rather than the highest :).

Xavien

darkpaladinmfc said:
Nice, but if you want to test for issues then you should put the DPI as low as possible rather than the highest :).

Just did that, no change :) thanks for the warning though

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
ede7c0a398a057fbc17bd110.L.jpg

The main thing I like about it is that it is near unbreakable, making it a very good mouse once you get used to it. Been using it for over a decade without problems, though I will likely get a more traditional mouse soon. Bugs me so much when a game forces me to use the scroll wheel, forcing me to use a cheap laptop mouse.

My keyboard is this cheap thing. Works well enough:
31KaAKO5mmL.jpg

1219657864.jpg

MX 518. It's really good, could be a little bigger (I have pretty big hands) but the price is great and it works well enough.

productpage_6gv2_big.png

Steelseries 6gv2. My first mechanical keyboard and it's awesome. Don't ever want to type on anything else. (except maybe the keyboard on Thinkpad laptops, it's also really good)

I do need a new mouse pad though, any recommendations?

Stryder

I've been using a Steelseries Ikari Laser mouse which I've found really comfortable and accurate. Picked it up really cheap as well ($25au) so am really happy with the value.

Love that you can have 2 seperate DPI settings which are hot swappable via a button just below the scroll wheel.

stock.jpg

I use it on a frosted icemat, so nice and glidey - so long as it is kept dust free :)

5449_icemat.jpg

and just ordered my first mechanical keyboard, a Das Keyboard Professional. Can't wait to play SC2 on this bad-boy!

articles-front-view-pro-1050.png

Stryder

Boonoo said:
Nice on the Das. Typing on it really feels (and sounds) great.
Yeah, so I've heard.

I wouldn't have minded picking up the Ultimate, there is just something so awesome about nothing printed on the keys but I know my g/f would get annoyed at times about it. Also I managed to find a cheaper Professional on ebay.

suplex

G9x + Sidewinder X4 + QcK Heavy

Old setup was a Razer Copperhead + Saitek Eclipse II + Func mousepad

As nice as the Copperhead was, the G9x is way better.

Corto

Damn at some of the fantastic k+m combos that some are posting!

My combo is really nothing of note but gets the job done for me:

Logitech K300

Logitech-K300-Compact-Keyboard-0.jpg

Logitech MX900

logitech-mx-900-mouse-300x224.gif

SupaNaab

I own a Rat 7 like some others in this thread. Truthfully I find I don't make use of a lot of the features but the wing or glide attachments are nothing short of amazing. My keyboard is Logitech Wave, is there any reason I should upgrade to a gaming orientated keyboard?

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
mice.jpg

518 and newer silver version ms explorer 3.0. The older ms explorer 3.0 was my favorite mouse of old, it has since died. Have a razer asus kb, will pick up some mechanical clicky keyboard again sometime though.

NIN90

SupaNaab said:
My keyboard is Logitech Wave, is there any reason I should upgrade to a gaming orientated keyboard?

Not really, unless you are annoyed by some of the shortcomings of regular keyboards (that mainly being that most keyboards don't accept more than 2 keystrokes at a time)

close to the edge said:
1219657864.jpg

MX 518. It's really good, could be a little bigger (I have pretty big hands) but the price is great and it works well enough.

productpage_6gv2_big.png

Steelseries 6gv2. My first mechanical keyboard and it's awesome. Don't ever want to type on anything else. (except maybe the keyboard on Thinkpad laptops, it's also really good)

I run this exact setup. I paired it up with a QCK Heavy and it's glorious. Mouse glides like butter.

NIN90

close to the edge said:

1. Search for "Qck" on Amazon
2. Cover your eyes and randomnly point at your monitor
3. ???
4. PROFIT!

Seriously, you can't go wrong if you pick a pad from the Qck line.

Salacious Crumb

TMKMP.jpg

cwuB8.jpg

Greatest combo ever.

and this is my mouse pad, it's stupidly expensive, but it looks really cool and it's made of metal so it should last forever
I won it as a door prize at a lan I went to, I would never spend more than $10 on a mouse pad.

BrBmx.jpg

Steelseries SX

KaYotiX

Banned
Blutonium said:
66479-razer-mamba.jpg

mouse%20razer%20mamba%20and%20the%20head%20sets%20carcharias.jpg

Razer Mamba, this baby is smoooooothe. Optional USB-cord is very handy too.
Have this, love it!!! I love the fact it's very customizable and I can use it wireless or wired and adjust the sensitivity on the fly

Thnikkaman said:
!!!!

I've seen several models of the Rat, I think a cheap one goes for £60. Can it not be recharged by USB? Otherwise the pinky-seat might have sold me.

the mouse comes with 2 batteries that you swap out of the charging station. it's not like the Razer mamba where you can plug in the usb cable.

For mouse:

EPclM.jpg

mx1000

So chunky and weighty but I've grown so used to it that I couldn't have it any other way. Bought my first ~2005 I think, that died in 2009. Was able to pick up another on the cheap. Will be a sad day when this one dies.

For keyboard:

hlYj1.jpg

original g15

Blue backlight>Orange backlight

Truespeed

For those with the Black Widow mechanical - Do you have any concerns about the rubber on the top function keys wearing away?

thatbox

Banned
FreeFallin' said:
For mouse:

EPclM.jpg

mx1000

So chunky and weighty but I've grown so used to it that I couldn't have it any other way. Bought my first ~2005 I think, that died in 2009. Was able to pick up another on the cheap. Will be a sad day when this one dies.
I'm the same way. Got it as a free replacement for a discontinued MX700 in 2005 and plan on using it until it falls apart in my hand. I keep meaning to pick up a spare on eBay.

VALIS

Cyborg RAT 7.

by4mk.jpg

Got it for Xmas and I am beyond impressed with it. The thing is godly. Adjustable almost any way you can think of. One of my favorite gaming peripherals ever.

Intellimouse_main.jpg

ive been using this mouse for years, and it hasnt let me down for a second. by far my favorite mouse ever.

edit: i can pretty much use any keyboard, but my favorite has to be the beige dell quietkey keyboard - mine still works to this day, though i wish it was usb instead of ps/2.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
wireless-wave-combo-mk550.png

Mk550

Very energy efficient I just recharged the energizers recently and the last time I believe was in December...

Top Bottom