• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gaming Show 2020 - (AKA What Will ATLUS Announce?????) - LIVE at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT

Airola

This game had this feeling:

QK8NCO0.jpg

Holammer

NKezY3V.png

Quite possibly the most edge of your seat, pants shitting action of the entire presentation.
Whomever edited this thought it would go over well with audiences?

RedVIper

Banned
Well some of the stuff for PC looks somewhat interesting.

Only real thing announced so far that I'm excited for is DS remake.

I don't get why people are shitting on PC though, most things announced for PS/XBOX are multiplats anyway.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!

This game had this feeling:

QK8NCO0.jpg

You can play a super old early alpha demo on itch.io if you search for it. It's a highly polished Ace Combat-like that manages to appear like it has high production values and is going to have a lot of cool features on release (plus VR support). Trailer wasn't the greatest tbh. So, yes.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

I just don't know anymore.
I am either a burned out old asshole or most of this stuff today and yesterday just suck ass. I don't like almost anything, everything is cartoony... idk. I must be done with gaming or something.

This surgeon siumulator 2 is crap, not funny... 1 was just a funny yt joke. Stretching is super thin here
Its not you, the games just looked boring.
I feel a lot of developers today, both AAA and indie lean in too much on the audiovisual aspect of gaming,
"Look at this third person action fake rpg ultra super graphics!"
"isn't our artstyle, like, super cool!? It totally doesn't look nor feels like other dozens of indie games out there!"

Then, the ones that don't are usually just copying already existing ideas,
"Heres a survival open world RPG with crafting"
"Ok, how about a souls like game then? Because we really needed another one of those right?"

Its actually not that surprising given how much hollywoodian the gaming space has become. Its all about the show, the views, the visuals, the rockstar status.Then, there are the games that are indeed great due to excellent execution, but they can't really show that kind of thing in a 1 minute trailer among many other 1 minute trailers inside a show like this.

What should be show in this kind of presentation is innovation, but very few developers attempt to create new and interesting concepts, even less care about pushing forward the medium, which is why they end up only able to show same-ish stuff.

Last edited:

Helios

NKezY3V.png

Quite possibly the most edge of your seat, pants shitting action of the entire presentation.
Whomever edited this thought it would go over well with audiences?
Seriously, the trailer looked alright but than they showed this and it killed every expectation anyone had about the game. I understand what they were trying to show but who thought this was a good idea? Not even some music?

VN1X

Banned
What should be show in this kind of presentation is innovation, but very few developers attempt to create new and interesting concepts, even less care about pushing forward the medium, which is why they end up only able to show same-ish stuff.
Play the Ultrakill demo right now you coward.

ACESHIGH

Banned
I wasted 2 hours of my life. The PC gaming show seems to outdo itself each year when it comes to being utter crap. Don't get me wrong, there were some cool games but for the most part this made me thinking if it's worth it to upgrade for next gen. I have joined the forum just a few weeks ago so I cannot start threads but here's my take:

HD 3D games with single player campaigns are becoming extinct. I am all for the indie efforts on PC gaming, but we upgrade our hardware to play state of the art games. If the bulk of the platform's catalog are indie games that could run on a Q6600 and a GTX 460 then I am going to start considering other platforms after I am done with my large backlog. The star of the show was a PS Vita port that can run on a PC with these specs

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | AMD Phenom II X2 550
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 | AMD Radeon HD 5770
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 14 GB available space
Thats mid range 2010 HW!

I know that most of these big games that will be released on PC will be shown at the MS presentation down the line. But that's not enough to fill the void. We really need Valve and dare I say Epic championing the platform with quality single player games. But we need 3D single player games in the traditional genres and it seems that indie efforts won't provide that. Today we saw like 4 survival multiplayer games, card games, farm simulators, surgeon simulators, furry games… what the heck happened with the TPS, FPS, Action Adventure, 3D platformers, 2D non metroidvania platformers, Survival Horror, Arcade Racing, Arcade Sports, Inmersive Sims, Beat em ups, shoot em ups, Car combat

It's either AAAAA developed with the GDP of a small country or 3 man team indie game.

Sorry for the long rant.

Damn... that showing was brutal. Still, indies got a showcase which is always good, and Godfall got more exposure.

As for Persona 4 Golden,
giphy.gif

That should give enough juice for Persona 5 port begging for years to come. The downside.

Have to thank to god that Epic came into the market. Gabe hasn't had to lift his butt from his chair in a long ass time. Steam fanboys will one day see the light.

VN1X

Banned
On it, will give my impressions afterwards
Yeah just finished it myself earlier and loved it. That said take my opinion with a grain of salt as I'm a sucker for these types of shooters. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Definitely one I'll be picking up on day 1.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Yeah just finished it myself earlier and loved it. That said take my opinion with a grain of salt as I'm a sucker for these types of shooters. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Definitely one I'll be picking up on day 1.
Well, it was definitely well executed but i wouldn't call it innovative. I also felt that it could get old really fast. Playing the demo i already felt like i played through the entire game, or at least would have if they hadn't cut off right at the last bossfight.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Well, it was definitely well executed but i wouldn't call it innovative. I also felt that it could get old really fast. Playing the demo i already felt like i played through the entire game, or at least would have if they hadn't cut off right at the last bossfight.
Fair enough. You gave it a go at least.

Top Bottom