• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC: Horizon zero dawn or control

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Massively disagree but I know you love control so I'll allow it.

I wish Ubi made open world games like HZD, they would be a lot better for it.

Not only the main story was amazing to me, but the lore itself was so interesting, the end of the world, reading all the texts. It might surprise some but the indoor graphics are extremely wonderful and moody and surpass the outdoors, which are wonderful as well.

Music is another massive element of the game's charm.

Last edited:

RPS37

I'm not interested in the popular position, I want the motivations people have (I'm not just going with the popular vote, I want to go my own way).
I’m way too indecisive and way too many differing opinions for me. Just give me a solid number.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'd maybe wait for Horizon to figure out some of it's issues. Control is a much more interesting game from a story perspective, but that's personal preference. Control is also not really open world, if that matters to you. Of the two games, I was able to finish Control. I got bored with Horizon. I still plan on finishing it, but maybe later. I couldn't put Control down.

Chiggs

Like most Remedy games, Control is mediocre. And I’m not quite sure “mediocre“ really describes it fully, because it‘s also incredibly dumb and stupid. And it’s not dumb and stupid in a general sense, but it’s dumb and stupid in a uniquely Remedy kind of way, like Alan Wake, which defined what a dumb and stupid Remedy game really looks and plays like.

Basically, Control is Quantum Break meets Alan Wake, but with an even dumber horror streak that fails to hit the mark, so it tries to overcompensate with environmental destruction that is really quite good, but doesn’t quite fit the tone.

Simply put, Control is like a really average/below average romantic interest, who happens to possess *one* exceptional physical feature, like great tits or a massive schlong. Unfortunately, that exceptional feature is so at odds with everything else, that it just doesn’t work in the end, and really begs the question: Why would God allow something like that?

b0uncyfr0

Id go with Control - im playing Horizon now and i just dont see what the fuss is about. I was so dead set on getting a console to play these so called 'exclusives'. As a PC gamer, HZD is similar to every other open world Ubi game, the only saving grace is combat wit dinosaurs. Everything else is uses the same recipe and not much else.

Yea tried playing with mouse and key. This is one of the those game designed with controls in mind I guess.
Even at lvl 50, still trying to get confident enough to play like this. Almost.

sono

Gold Member
I know I played HZD for a couple of months around work on PS4. It is a great game that held my interested over that time. I read bad things about the PC port, I hope they sort that out.

I havent played control.

Top Bottom