• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Skyrim Legendary Edition under $10, grab it to get the free upgrade to SE

mulac

Nice catch: $13AUD and never played the OG Skyrim - purchased.

Now to add to my Steam queue where it will sit for the next 5 years :)

wbEMX

Wait, so I have two questions about all of this.

1) I already own vanilla Skyrim (and no DLC for it) on Steam. Can I still activate a Legendary Edition key?
2) Isn't this upgrade thing only possible for a limited time only? Today I got an ad on Steam that told me I have a "last chance to upgrade". But I don't want to spend money to upgrade now, I would want to upgrade at a later time.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
I have just noticed that the Special Edition is up for preload on Steam. Downloading it right now.

Glad I got to buy Skyrim and all the DLC at pretty good prices back then!

Soulflarz

Banned
Wait, so I have two questions about all of this.

1) I already own vanilla Skyrim on Steam. Can I still activate a Legendary Edition key?
2) Isn't this upgrade thing only possible for a limited time only? Today I got an ad on Steam that told me I have a "last chance to upgrade". But I don't want to spend money to upgrade now, I would want to upgrade at a later time.

1) yes
2) no idea

SenkiDala

What the Legendary Editions adds for PC users? On consoles I know it adds modds and better IQ, but what about PC?

Krakn3Dfx

Is this a legitimate key seller? Just wondering, never used this before

I've bought over 20 games from cdkeys over the years, never had an issue personally. I hear the odd story from time to time of a key not working, but they're usually pretty quick to rectify the situation in those cases.

What the Legendary Editions adds for PC users? On consoles I know it adds modds and better IQ, but what about PC?

Legendary is the game + all the DLC.

JB2448

So, if I own just vanilla Skyrim on Steam, is this still objectively the best deal to secure a Special Edition upgrade?

coopolon

Thanks. :) I thought there was already a "pack" like this on PC (I don't play so often on PC so I didn't know for sure).

I think you meant what does special edition add to pc version. Legendary edition is the one that already existed.

I don't know the answer but am hoping someone else does, what does special edition do on pc?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Picked this up and been messing around with some mods. So much good stuff out there without being too gimmicky.

Luigi87

To clarify, if you don't own all the DLC you don't get the upgrade? I'm only missing one :/

Correct. You need Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard.
Edit: Also thanks for the heads up. Don't own any of the DLC, only the base game, but never played it (all I really did was make my own League of Legends weapon mod for people to play with, lol)

HvySky

So I bought the Legendary Edition and activated it on Steam, but there's nothing new in my Steam library. Skyrim vanilla (which I already owned) is the only version of the game I see. Am I missing something?

Edit:

I also just bought it and only have the regular old game in my library. There is no indication that I would be downloading the Special Edition.

Same here

Catman

Banned
I didn't even know that the SE was getting a PC version...I thought the PC release was already considered the same as SE....

What's supposed to be different about it?

OneUh8

Seriously contemplating getting this. I don't own any of the DLC. Played through the base game and stopped. hmmmm. Is it worth it?

So I bought the Legendary Edition and activated it on Steam, but there's nothing new in my Steam library. Skyrim vanilla (which I already owned) is the only version of the game I see. Am I missing something?

Edit:

Same here

Hmm. I'm not sure then. I've owned the regular version for quite some time and logged into Steam tonight and it was just sitting in my game list.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Edit:

Same here

If you go to the game's page in the Steam Store, it clearly says it will unlock in like 2 days.

HvySky

If you go to the game's page in the Steam Store, it clearly says it will unlock in like 2 days.

Yeah, the Special Edition unlocks in 2 days, but the idea is that owning Skyrim + all DLC (aka Legendary Edition) gives you a free upgrade to the Special Edition. Oh god, too many editions. Weird thing is that when I click the offer in the Skyrim store page, it asks me to purchase all the DLC despite owning all of it already.

Luigi87

I also just bought it and only have the regular old game in my library. There is no indication that I would be downloading the Special Edition.

Yeah SE isn't up for Preload AFAIK, but you will see on your vanilla under DLC, that all of the DLC was "Added Today"

OneUh8

Welp I bought it. Why not for that cheap price. I don't think Steam has even sold a single DLC pack for that cheap.

th4tguy

Edit:

Same here

Yeah, not showing for me either. We may have gone past a date you had to own the game to get the free upgrade.

New to PC. CAN I buy on CD Keys then add to steam library, then download the remaster for free? AND it overwrites the legendary version?

Eightguy

Neo Member

I'm in the same boat. It looks like on the store page of Skyrim that I still do not have the DLC packs even though they are installed now. Anyone else having this problem?

According to Reddit the pre-load is up (as I already have it pre-loaded) but hasn't gone up for everyone. Some people say they have it ready and other don't. It was recommended to try steam://install/489830

Did the trick for me, 9.8gb download. Appreciate!

Yeah, not showing for me either. We may have gone past a date you had to own the game to get the free upgrade.
Should still be good, I believe Bethesda said it had to be done by the 28th.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

The note in the OP says that isn't true.

Edit:

Same here

Same behavior here.

My library does show me as having all of the skyrim DLC, though. The store knows I own it too.. it will let me try to add it to the cart but the cart will show up empty because I own it already.

HvySky

Same behavior here.

My library does show me as having all of the skyrim DLC, though. The store knows I own it too.. it will let me try to add it to the cart but the cart will show up empty because I own it already.

Lol, I actually tried the same thing. I clicked "add to cart" which promptly took me to an empty cart screen, and when I returned to the store page the "add to cart" button was broken.

Top Bottom