• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Skyrim Legendary Edition under $10, grab it to get the free upgrade to SE

Illucio

Banned
Did this on my phone an hour ago, finally got my laptop and now downloading.

I wonder if my laptop can run Skyrim Legendary on Maxiumum settings like it can do with the regular Skyrim.

Jimrpg

Kinda crazy its $10 on PC and $60 on console. They should look into that.

I also picked up...

book-strategyguide-es-collectors.jpg

1100 pages Skyrim Bible (strategy guide). Its $22 for the paperback and $40 for the hardback at Bookdepository. Although I managed to get the hardback for about $30 a few weeks ago.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual

I also picked up..
EBGames here in Aus seemed to respond to this by taking the PC Legendary edition off their site. I managed to find a few in store but they removed it online after the news of the free upgrade came out. DODGE.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

In order to impose an end date, Bethesda is having Valve manually add the Special Edition to accounts that qualify for it. Anybody who buys the Legendary Edition or otherwise adds Skyrim and its paid DLC to their account after the 28th won't receive a free copy.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
The weird thing for me is that I know I purchased Dawnguard, I remember playing through the mission, I have some of the achievements unlocked, but steam is telling me I don't have it. I have all the other DLC, which makes no sense. I even had a mod that allowed me to marry Serena (whatever her name was). I am perplexed.

Got the Legendary Edition, redeemed the key, but it's not showing up in my Steam library...

It takes time.
We have started added Skyrim Special Edition to the libraries of customers who own Skyrim and all of its add-ons, and opened the game for pre-load for those users. Unfortunately, the process of adding the game to people's accounts is going a bit slower than we originally anticipated. If you already own Skyrim and all the DLC but you aren't seeing Special Edition in your Steam Library, don't panic! We should have it added to everyone's accounts within the next 24 hours, and then we will continue adding it to people who complete their collection in batches as we approach the Special Edition launch on Thursday.

Do you have the vanilla version? If so it just adds the DLC to that.
Oh, great, it worked then

Awesome. Skyrim was my first fantasy RPG, so it hold a special place in my gaming history for me. Can't wait to finally play it again with the DLC and the improvements

JaseC

Got the Legendary Edition, redeemed the key, but it's not showing up in my Steam library...

It's a manual process as Bethesda doesn't want people buying the LE after the 28th to receive the SE.

Do you have the vanilla version? If so it just adds the DLC to that.
It is just called skyrim not legendary edition. All the dlc should be there. If anything just restart steam

He's referring to the SE, which is a separate game.

Briarios

Thanks for the info ... I was going to hold off on this because I have a lowly i3 ... then I realized my i3 is actually better than the minimum i5 they have listed lol So, we'll see how it works. Fingers crossed!

Koyuga

Thanks for the heads up! This is perfect, since I haven't played any of the DLC I now actually have a reason to play the SE other than to just oggle the fancy upgrades!
Now to decide if I should make a new character or continue with my previous one..

Teknoman

About the DLC, does it take place after the core story is over? Or is it something missable if you just play down the main path?

Mailbox

About the DLC, does it take place after the core story is over? Or is it something missable if you just play down the main path?

The dlc isn't sequel stuff. Its more just like addition quest lines and playable areas. Specific events happen automatically at certain levels that initiate those questlines. You won't miss them unless you just straight up don't want to do them.

Vex_

Banned
The future of modding.

- no more 32bit limitations
- no more 4gb vram limitations
- no more dx9 limitations

I thought a lot of mods bypassed this limit already.

Enb certainly pushes the limits of what dx9 could do, no?

Still not seeing why this is a major deal honestly.

Teknoman

The dlc isn't sequel stuff. Its more just like addition quest lines and playable areas. Specific events happen automatically at certain levels that initiate those questlines. You won't miss them unless you just straight up don't want to do them.

Oh nice, guess I dont have to worry about tracking stuff down then.

Mailbox

I thought a lot of mods bypassed this limit already.

Enb certainly pushes the limits of what dx9 could do, no?

Still not seeing why this is a major deal honestly.

No, you're thinking of the original pre-patch (and pre-mod in some cases) version of skyrim where there was a set RAM limit.

This is about the VRAM limit that has always been on skyrim. 4 gb only in the original game, always has been and thats been a big bottle neck for many.

The 64-bit upgrade means the game should be considerably more stable with much fewer CTDs than before (the main reason I stopped playing modded skyrim in the first place)

The upgrade to dx11 means things are more streamlines and performance will be overall better.

also seemingly, the new file types and pipeline of the game should make mods that are edited into the new game more efficient and less taxing (though apparently, mods that are just straight up from the old game without editing for the new game will actually have worse performance according to those who are already modding for SE.)

Oscar

Showing up as $ 12.39 for me. Am I missing something?
Yeah it went up within the last 20ish mins.

Had it in my cart again for my gf, suddenly went up a few bucks during the final phase of checkout. Still worth it if you don't have any of the DLC.

Jimrpg

EBGames here in Aus seemed to respond to this by taking the PC Legendary edition off their site. I managed to find a few in store but they removed it online after the news of the free upgrade came out. DODGE.

EB Games providing exceptional customer service as usual. I remember 20 years ago they were actually a decent video game hobby store.

In order to impose an end date, Bethesda is having Valve manually add the Special Edition to accounts that qualify for it. Anybody who buys the Legendary Edition or otherwise adds Skyrim and its paid DLC to their account after the 28th won't receive a free copy.

Thanks I actually didn't know this, I was indecisive on buying it for about a week and finally bit today because of the discount because I thought it would be available after. Now it's nice that I have the regular edition for the Enderal Mod and the special edition for the normal game.

ISee

Bought a key for all three dlcs a couple of days ago (8.99€). The Special Edition just unlocked.

Here are the unlock times for the special edition (just in case some people wonder):

5pm Pacific Time (October 27)
8pm Eastern Time (October 27)
1am British Summer Time (October 28)
2am Central European Summer Time (October 28)
11am Australian Eastern Time Zone (October 28)
1pm New Zealand Time (October 28th)

It seems to unlock at the same time everywhere...
Which is (as always) at a pretty 'bad time' in europe, but whatever. Doesn't really matter.

Vex_

Banned
ENBoost doesn't work on Windows 10 so you still have a 4GB limit if you are on W10.

Ahhh ok yea. That's what I was wondering. I havent played since I upgraded to win 10.. so of course I wouldnt know that.

Welp... Looks like all my waifus characters are gone. Gonna save their presets and replace the old installation with the new version. Hopefully most of the physics character mods get updated...

JaseC

Generally speaking, when someone asks if a seller is "legit", they're not asking if they're reputable but rather if they're officially affiliated with the publishers of the products on offer. CD Keys is the former but not the latter.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
EB Games providing exceptional customer service as usual. I remember 20 years ago they were actually a decent video game hobby store.
I'm only making that assumption - I have zero proof :p But I'd just been looking at it then went back and it was gone, with multiple copies available still in store when I went in. Seems pretty dodgy but not unexpected.

Top Bottom