• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Skyrim Legendary Edition under $10, grab it to get the free upgrade to SE

TheAznOne

Less than 2 hours to go and still can't preload since the SE is still not showing up in my library. Been over 24+ hrs since I redeem the code.

Ploid 3.0

Been trying that to no avail. Bring me to the store page like usual.

Yeah when it wasn't in my library list that link didn't work for me as well. You have to wait until they enable the preload on your account. This situation is what I worried about. What if they don't make it to your account before the 28th. Hopefully they would know you were eligible for it and continue to enable SE for accounts.

TheAznOne

Yeah when it wasn't in my library list that link didn't work for me as well. You have to wait until they enable the preload on your account. This situation is what I worried about. What if they don't make it to your account before the 28th. Hopefully they would know you were eligible for it and continue to enable SE for accounts.

I wouldnt be too worried about it. It show the purchase date nowadays for any games you redeemed on steam.

You have to register to get SE? I thought it was automatic.

You don't have to manually register, but apparently they're adding the game to users manually.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/312265256995174981/

We have started added Skyrim Special Edition to the libraries of customers who own Skyrim and all of its add-ons, and opened the game for pre-load for those users. Unfortunately, the process of adding the game to people's accounts is going a bit slower than we originally anticipated. If you already own Skyrim and all the DLC but you aren't seeing Special Edition in your Steam Library, don't panic! We should have it added to everyone's accounts within the next 24 hours, and then we will continue adding it to people who complete their collection in batches as we approach the Special Edition launch on Thursday.

Lemstar

mulac

Does anyone know if the SE will work on an UltraWide?

I've got my ASUS PG348Q 34'' being delivered next week and Skyrim is first on my list to try out...

Brannon

'tis time!

Funnyish story; I was thinking about getting this or Titanfall, when I decided to look in my Steam catalog to delete any unplayed games when I saw that apparently I'd already gotten the Legendary Edition, so my Special Edition was free.

So I guess this makes it easier to pick which game I can buy.

Jsheldon

Much thanks to the op! My total was $16.49 CDN yesterday morning when I found the deal. I installed immediately and by the time I got home from work yesterday the SE was ready for pre loading. Can't wait to try skyr for the first time!

Vanethyr

Damn waited until now to purchase the key. Any chance I won't have to wait long to get it active for special edition?

According to this post by Bethesda on Steam, it can take up to 36 hours to appear if you only redeemed it today:

Please note that if you do not complete your Skyrim + all DLC bundle until October 28th, your free upgrade to Skyrim Special Edition may take up to 36 hours to apply to your account.

TheContact

Mouse sensitivity is too damn high. I've tried:

opening systemprefs.ini and editing:

fMouseCursorSpeed=0.00001
fMouseHeadingSensitivity=0.000001

I force disabled vsync from nvidia control panel

I set my dpi to be the lowest it can for my mouse. It's still too damn high. Any ideas? I don't remember regular Skyrim being like this

actually, it's like the settings I changed aren't taking effect at all. I enabled subtitled through the .ini and it didn't reflect in game either.

Regginator

I'm guessing it's too late to do this now? I didn't notice you needed all of the DLC up until now...

I'm not really sure. I'm inclined to say yes it's too late, but the following makes it seem as if it's still possible, but with a more lengthy process.

if you do not complete your Skyrim [and] all DLC bundle until October 28th, your free upgrade to Skyrim Special Edition may take up to 36 hours to apply to your account.

Could it be all future Legendary Editions registers will automatically include the Special Edition? Wouldn't make much sense price wise, because why would anyone buy the SE then?

I'm not really sure. I'm inclined to say yes it's too late, but the following makes it seem as if it's still possible, but with a more lengthy process.

Could it be all future Legendary Editions registers will automatically include the Special Edition? Wouldn't make much sense price wise, because why would anyone buy the SE then?

I checked the Steam forums and apparently it'll still work if you buy it all today.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/305509857566090865/

If you're on the fence, it seems like a pretty safe bet!

Top Bottom