• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC version for Final Fantasy Type-0 is a possibility says Hajima Tabata

Coming from an interview from Gamespot:

"First and foremost, with the Vita version, we wanted to quickly release the PS4 and Xbox One HD version overseas, so we really prioritized optimizing it for those platforms. In terms of the PC version, it’s still up for discussion. It is a possibility, but it’s up for discussion. And it's running it on the PC right now, so…"

I don't know if it's old and I haven't seen a thread about this... So I guess it's okay to have one ?

Akzel

I'm glad for those who play more often on PC (If they do release it on PC) but for my opinion I won't be mad if there's no PC version.

epmode

Holy christ I'm tired of reading about Square talking about possible ports and localizations. Do it.

Banned
All the console exclusives of last gen are coming to PC. Makes the hit of not owning a PS4 and XB1 less for me. First Mortal Komnat, then MGS, and nw FF Type-0. I wonder if FF XV is a possibility?

Eolz

Is that another "we'd love to; buuuut..." Square-Enix thread?

Please, just do that already, same for Dragon Quest localization.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'd honestly rather have FFvs13, Tabata. Force Square to do that since they're already using DX on it. Kthx. D:

Eolz said:
Is that another "we'd love to; buuuut..." Square-Enix thread?

Pretty much. Square is the Capcom of "non-Tests."

It's gonna be a weird world where you can buy FF3, FF7, FF8, and Type-0 on the PC. You'd think they'd be better at getting these things released in some sensible way.

Alrus

I honestly don't understand why Square is so reluctant to put their FF games on PC. In the meantime we get odd ports like Last Remnant and all their Eidos games have a PC version.

Sakujou

Banned
Every platform but Vita huh.

fucking this.

this is an insult in every way possible.
delivering a game 4 years after its initial release for the full price is just an insult.

seriously?
and even worse, the fans who bought a vita wont be getting it.

i would have dipped into a retail version (for vita), but no, it's SE being a dick again.

Alrus

Not in Japan I'm afraid. But every extra sale is a good one as long as they don't make a loss.

Japan isn't Final Fantasy's main market most of the time. Surely they would benefit from releasing their biggest franchise on PC. There's no reason not to port these games.

fucking this.

this is an insult in every way possible.
delivering a game 4 years after its initial release for the full price is just an insult.

seriously?
and even worse, the fans who bought a vita wont be getting it.

i would have dipped into a retail version (for vita), but no, it's SE being a dick again.

Considering Type 0 was a PSP game, I don't see why anyone would have bought a Vita for it.

Don't they always say stuff like this when someone asks them about a PC version?

You're better off hoping for a WonderSwan 2 port at this moment.

Not in Japan I'm afraid. But every extra sale is a good one as long as they don't make a loss.

This.

I feel like the topic comes up often, but the PC market is much smaller in Japan and that is what informs Square Enix's decision.

Sophia

Tabata would be better off spending his time making something actually happen than speaking increasingly baseless words to an audience who have long since become skeptical of them.

At any rate, given how smaller RPGs like Trails in the Sky have done, there certainly is a market there.

chris3116

All the console exclusives of last gen are coming to PC. Makes the hit of not owning a PS4 and XB1 less for me. First Mortal Komnat, then MGS, and nw FF Type-0. I wonder if FF XV is a possibility?

Same thing for me. PC + a Nintendo console and it's ok for me.

Japan isn't Final Fantasy's main market most of the time. Surely they would benefit from releasing their biggest franchise on PC. There's no reason not to port these games.

Considering Type 0 was a PSP game, I don't see why anyone would have bought a Vita for it.

In interviews like this one from September of last year, an HD port for consoles was not what was being discussed. Their plans to localize the game originally were cancelled due to the PSP's declining market share in NA and Europe. Consideration then turned to a Vita enhanced port, there were GAF threads about it last year. At some point, it became a game for consoles.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/tgs-agito-type-0-fan-support-and-the-intimacy-of-portables

SSReborn

Every platform but Vita huh.
On Podcast Beyond I believe they were talking about how one of them asked the director why it wasn't coming to Vita and he said he always wanted the game to be a big screen TV experience and was actually bummed about having it stuck and limited to PSP.

deleted

And why would it not be?

The Final Fanatasy games on steam are selling well, imagine what happened if they port an only 4 year old game instead of III, VII and VIII...

Especially when it's already running on PC, this is a no brainer. Get a handful of people from Eidos to do it.

At this point, I no longer care if it comes to Vita or not, because clearly that ship has sailed. In light of that, PC PLEASE OMG.

And why would it not be?

The Final Fanatasy games on steam are selling well, imagine what happened if they port an only 4 year old game instead of III, VII and VIII...

Especially when it's already running on PC, this is a no brainer. Get a handful of people from Eidos to do it.

True! Both Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Tomb Raider had PC ports done by Nixxes, if I remember correctly, and both were great.

Top Bottom